For the sake of the potential #1 overall pick, start Peterman

12 hours ago, Perry Turtle said:

Tanking for the top pick when you're not targeting a QB is just a giant FU to the fans who continue to pay top dollar to watch total incompetence. 

Seriously, how will the #1 pick in the draft help this pathetic offense.  It's like trying to fix a sink hole with an tube of toothpaste.

Yeah, it’s still early, but it looks like a bad year to have the first pick.  Probably no QB worth taking that high and teams won’t give up a lot to move up for a defensive lineman, no matter how good.  

More importantly, this team cannot afford to use its first pick on a defensive player.  They just can’t.  I have never seen a professional team so devoid of offensive playmakers and the won’t find those guys in free agency.  

The problem with that is you would lose the locker room......

They are losing on purpose...but you cant tell that to the players because you dont want the D to pack it in....you want them to biuld off this season on defense going into next when reinforcements on offense will almost certainly have to come.

ppl just dont have the patience for it...I get it...but that is what is happening

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

That's hilarious.  His play does not rise to the level of NFL starting caliber.  

His offense is averaging a whopping 4.5 points per game and he is throwing 2 INTs per game on average.

Peterman is averaging 1.5 INTs per game for his career.  It's actually better!

When Allen was healthy, he was lost, a deer in the headlights.  

We have no QB on this team right now and it's why we are 2-6 and headed for a bottom 3 finish.

As long as Allen remains out, I think it is almost fair to say that a win is impossible.

When he returns, wins will remain unlikely.

Add it all up and we are going to land a really sweet draft pick next year...and we won't take a QB with it! 

he's doing just fine for the top pick, which is the point of my post.

14 hours ago, CDogg20 said:

No, he really isn’t. Peterman is the worst ever. Anderson brought a team to the playoffs something Peterman will never do. 

I'm sorry, do you mean the 2015 and 2018 Panthers? Because I'm pretty sure the Panthers brought themselves to the playoffs, not Anderson...he was in the pro bowl because Brady didn't want to go and he was the alternate. His last great season was when Braylon Edwards was a top WR name in the league. He might not be as terrible as Peterman, but he is not anyone to be relied upon to win games. He hit his ceiling over ten years ago, ceiling meaning things don't go up from there, and he is certainly not maintaining that level of performance. 

He's serviceable, but will otherwise lead us to 4-12 at best - which, let me clarify, I'm all for at this point in the season. But Peterman would give us the first overall for sure. 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

The problem with that is you would lose the locker room......

They are losing on purpose...but you cant tell that to the players because you dont want the D to pack it in....you want them to biuld off this season on defense going into next when reinforcements on offense will almost certainly have to come.

ppl just dont have the patience for it...I get it...but that is what is happening

They are a rousing success if they are losing on purpose!

I swear man, my life would be complete if someone loved me and excused all my shortcomings the way you do for this franchise. It's almost admirable. 

30 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

I'm sorry, do you mean the 2015 and 2018 Panthers? Because I'm pretty sure the Panthers brought themselves to the playoffs, not Anderson...he was in the pro bowl because Brady didn't want to go and he was the alternate. His last great season was when Braylon Edwards was a top WR name in the league. He might not be as terrible as Peterman, but he is not anyone to be relied upon to win games. He hit his ceiling over ten years ago, ceiling meaning things don't go up from there, and he is certainly not maintaining that level of performance. 

He's serviceable, but will otherwise lead us to 4-12 at best - which, let me clarify, I'm all for at this point in the season. But Peterman would give us the first overall for sure. 

Already was told I was wrong, already admitted my mind isn’t what it once was lol. He did lead the Browns to 10-6 which is what I was thinking of 

15 hours ago, Bills Wilk said:

We don't no how to draft anyway so it don't matter 

We know how to draft defensive players thanks to our DC McD. Sorry I can't refer to him as a Head Coach. As far as offense, these knuckleheads have no clue. Let's face the truth, Jauron has returned. 

16 hours ago, Bills Wilk said:

We don't no how to draft anyway so it don't matter 

We draft all defensive side and then we trade proven defense guys for second and third year proven offense on other teams.  Wheelin and dealin. . .surrender to tha feelin!   ;o) 

Honestly...who cares.  Why does anyone care about this season right now in terms of who starts?  I could give 2 sh*ts at this point, its a rebuilding year, the offense is a bare cupboard period.  It will be heavily addressed this offseason to help balance the team and give Allen some tools to work with.

12 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

He's worse; averaging more INTs per game than Peterman.

Offense moves nowhere with Anderson in the game.

Peterman is actually the most proficient passer on the roster, including Allen.  When he isn't throwing the ball to the other team.

Anderson has been on the team barely 3 weeks.  If you watched his last 2 games and aren't just looking at stats, you can tell Anderson is already better than Peterman in those 3 weeks and he could still improve as he gets more comfortable.

This isn't saying Anderson is great.  But I'd bet you we'd go 4-4 in the 2nd half of the season if Anderson started the rest of the way.

Let's all remember, Buffalo had the most difficult schedule in the NFL for the first 8 games and our upcoming 8 games poses the easiest schedule.

We've managed 2 wins... which is almost impressive given our offensive ineptitude.

If Anderson remained the starter, we'd end up in that 6-10 / 7-9 purgatory we Bills fans have grown accustomed to.

Peterman is such a friggin dumpster fire he will be significantly more likely to lead us to the top of the draft than Anderson.

Honestly I think if the Bills get a shot at Bosa they will crap their pants.  Yes we all know they don't "need" him and a stud WR or OL would be wise but I think McDermott is to much of a D coach and would love to round out his D with him and a CB in Free Agency.  

Don’t pass on HOF looking guys for a 2nd round talent at WR or QB because it’s a position of need. Maybe trade down, but if a K. Mack level player is available, don’t pull a Gruden. Hey, but that’s just me. We have lots of other opportunities to fill holes with value in mind.