Bills Being Very Active approaching Trade Deadline?

10 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Kelvin Benjamin is an example on the offensive side of the ball

Nathan Peterman is an example on the offensive side of the ball

If perception is reality, Nate Peterman is the worst player at the position in the history of the game.

Wait, I think he actually is!  If you look at stats, I mean.

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Kelvin Benjamin is an example on the offensive side of the ball

Nathan Peterman is an example on the offensive side of the ball

Benjamin yes.  Why he's gone in the tank I have no idea.  It was a good gamble.  Peterman was a draft pick.  Different thing than a FA or Trade.  

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Put it this way; if the Bills are able to land an offensive player generally considered the best or second best available FA at his position I will be very surprised. I hope they do not pursue a FA RB ,as productive players at that position are commonly found in the middle draft rounds now. 

Understood.  

If it's a lineman I wouldn't be shocked.  Agree on RB.

5 hours ago, blacklabel said:

I think they might be buyers instead of sellers (aside from KB). 

I really don't see any reason to move Shady. Still the best player they have and is a good safety net for Allen when he needs to check down. A lot of people on here have lamented the fact that the organization has failed Allen by not surrounding him with enough talent yet those same people will be the first to say, "Trade Shady!" Kinda counter-intuitive, right?

He hasn't been much of a safety net....

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well in this case it wouldn’t be a waste. Shady is at the end of his career on a big contract. A rookie would be at the beginning of his career on a 4-5 year cost controlled deal.

Well, there's a few things here. 

1. What is the 4th or 5th round pick going to bring?  -Ashton Youboty? CJ Ah You? Duke Williams? This is what draft picks for Lynch ,McGahee  and Henry brought. Some 3rds, a 4th or 2 that did nothing to improve the team in the short run or the long run.

2..and this, to me, is more important. If I'm overseeing McBeane, I'm looking at putting the brakes on dumping offensive talent. I know what left since they got here, I know what they are doing on other teams and I know what they've brought in. And I know its been 2 years. And I know what the offense looks like.

Frankly, I take the attitude of "before you dump more talent, its really time for you two start concentrating on bringing it in.

Before they keep ripping apart, its time for them to demonstrate an ability to acquire talent for the offense.

• Thank you (+1) 2

17 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Blacklabel fella you need to update yourself on rosters. Gabriel went to Chicago as a FA. 

Dammit. I thought he did but I couldn't recall. 

15 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He hasn't been much of a safety net....

Well, when you have to throw your entire offensive game-plan out the window by halftime because you're down by 14 or 21 points, nobody's gonna look like much of anything. There were a few plays last night he made, so we know when they involve him he can still get it done. It's just they have to abandon what they wanna do at a certain point because they have to throw it again and again as they're playing catch up.

Edited by blacklabel

19 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

They were not re-signing Sammy Watkins. Couldn’t afford it. Rams gave a lot to get him. Gaines rental and pick made the team Better last year and if Josh is good in the future. 

Ahhh the we couldnt afford it pitch. I thought we have 90M in space next year. And Sammy would be playing his 5th year option right now if the FO had a clue. 

32 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Dammit. I thought he did but I couldn't recall. 

Well, when you have to throw your entire offensive game-plan out the window by halftime because you're down by 14 or 21 points, nobody's gonna look like much of anything. There were a few plays last night he made, so we know when they involve him he can still get it done. It's just they have to abandon what they wanna do at a certain point because they have to throw it again and again as they're playing catch up.

It was 12-6 after 3 Q last night.  To that point, McCoy had 12 carries for 13 yards.  12 of those yards came on his first carry of the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ahhh the we couldnt afford it pitch. I thought we have 90M in space next year. And Sammy would be playing his 5th year option right now if the FO had a clue. 

FO wasn’t the same FO as today when that decision was made. And frankly it wasn’t a bad call at that time anyway. 

KC is paying the 6th most money at WR for the 30th most productive wr on one of the most explosive offensives in the game. He's is the third best receiver on his team, just like he was last year on a similarly explosive team. 

He he has always been, continues to be, and likely will always be a bad value. 

So out of all the decisions made, parting with the Watkins mistake and getting something in exchange was a good one. 

He wouldn’t be here now anyway, and wouldn’t have changed last years fate of getting knocked out of the playoff. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

FO wasn’t the same FO as today when that decision was made. And frankly it wasn’t a bad call at that time anyway. 

KC is paying the 6th most money at WR for the 30th most productive wr on one of the most explosive offensives in the game. He's is the third best receiver on his team, just like he was last year on a similarly explosive team. 

So out of all the decisions made, parting with the Watkins mistake and getting something in exchange was a good one. 

McD made the call. He could be here right now on his 5th year option. Those are the facts. 

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Chances are we are going to end up overpaying FA WRs and OLmen to come and play here this offseason

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It was 12-6 after 3 Q last night.  To that point, McCoy had 12 carries for 13 yards.  12 of those yards came on his first carry of the game.

The best run of the night came later in the 1st half when he ran into Ducasse's rear end and fell flat on his back.

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

No those are not facts. You have no clue who made the call. But it wasn’t Beane who was in Carolina at the time. 

Facts. 

It was McD who ran the offseason and the Draft. And also Just like with Beane makes every call there too. Because you dont hire a HC before GM and think he is going to take a back seat to your GM. 

Facts. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm changing my mind to thinking that they should trade him. On around half of his runs, it seems, he's getting slammed right away in the backfield. Those are no-chance plays and teams know to key on him. You can see what he can still do when gets out in space on passes, but he's useless in the run game because opponents have zero respect for the passing game. He can obviously be a successful player, but not here. It depends on whether one thinks he can be a valuable contributor next year. 

• Like (+1) 2