McCarthy is going to get fired

Watkins90

Just now, Success said:

He has really wasted an all timer.  It’s a shame.

Him and Ron Wolf, who they relieved as GM last year. The guy only built through the draft and refused to spend money in free agency. Guess what guys, it takes more than building through the draft. You sign quality free agents and then hit on draft picks. That's how you win in the NFL. 

Or, you do what the Rams did and trade late round picks for proven young talent. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Wasting an all time great QB... sure sign him up!

He isn't a bad O.C. He just makes stupid mistakes as a head coach. Bonehead clock management. If he would just be allowed to concentrate on the offense, he would be fine. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

He'd make a good O.C. for us next year. 

I don't see how he survives this season if he doesn't win a SB. Wasting another one of Aaron Rodgers prime years with bad coaching and stupid decisions. 

I want nothing to do with that guy. He could only win 1 SB in 13 years while having HOF QB's...one of which is arguably the best of his era, and had him during his entire prime. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I want nothing to do with that guy. He could only win 1 SB in 13 years while having HOF QB's...one of which is arguably the best of his era, and had him during his entire prime. 

Again, he'd make a great offensive coordinator. He just isn't a good head coach. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

His last job as an offensive coordinator before he got the Green Bay job didn't he coordinate the 31st or 32nd best offense in the league? 

New Orleans in 2004 was 15th, but the 2005 offense in San Fran was 32nd and considered the third worst offense ever tracked by Football Outsiders. 

I would contend that shouldn't matter. He has been a head coach for 13 seasons and called plays for most of those. I think he would be fine. Again, it isn't that the Packers have been bad on offense under him, he just hadn't made good calls as a head coach. 

Edited by Watkins90

Just now, Watkins90 said:

New Orleans in 2004 was 15th, but the 2005 offense in San Fran was 32nd and considered the third worst offense ever tracked by Football Outsiders. 

That is it. He has called a few nice plays for Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers... good for him. I am far from convinced by his ability as a coordinator. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

His last job as an offensive coordinator before he got the Green Bay job didn't he coordinate the 31st or 32nd best offense in the league? 

So stop and consider the upside for the next guy! 

Hell, how about we just keep Leslie Frazier as DC, fire McDermott and the rest of the staff, hire Mike McCarthy to be our HC and OC. I think McCarthy/Frazier would be a good combo and there would be zero roster turnover on defense, less money tied up into contracts, same playbook, our players get even more comfortable in our current scheme, our entire defensive staff including players and coaching staff all keep their jobs, continue to build a culture on defense. There would be no rebuilding, we would simply reload. Josh Allen would have a good coach in Mike McCarthy, would love to have him in his ear.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

Hell, how about we just keep Leslie Frazier as DC, fire McDermott and the rest of the staff, hire Mike McCarthy to be our HC and OC. I think McCarthy/Frazier would be a good combo and there would be zero roster turnover on defense, less money tied up into contracts, same playbook, our players get even more comfortable in our current scheme, our entire defensive staff including players and coaching staff all keep their jobs, continue to build a culture on defense. There would be no rebuilding, we would simply reload. Josh Allen would have a good coach in Mike McCarthy, would love to have him in his ear.

No.  No.  No.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

He isn't a bad O.C. He just makes stupid mistakes as a head coach. Bonehead clock management. If he would just be allowed to concentrate on the offense, he would be fine. 

That's pretty much all he does. If he has been concentrating on defense, that's an example of more ineptitude.

Remember a few years ago when he just started running the ball in the NFC championship? The guy is the opposite of what I'd prefer. He's old, tired, conservative and plays it by the book. Ron Wolf left and it's the same crap with them. McCarthy is apart of the problem in my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1