Has anyone else had issues with Sunday ticket this year?

Steptide

Yep, I've encountered today's issue.  Much discussed on Twitter.

If Direct-TV didn't have the monopoly on The Ticket I'd drop them faster than a frog snags a fly.   Recorded shows disappear from the List and you have to search for them thru History.  That's been going on for months.

I called about one issue and they wanted to send me a new DVR.  It's your software dummies!

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I can't get reception either. Considering I canceled last year, IDT I should be as concerned as you. 

I canceled also.Switched to Dish. DTV always gives the new subscribers the good deals and does nothing for the people who have been with them for years. I've had DTV since 2006 and got Sunday Ticket every year and I have had to fight tooth and nail to get even the slightest deal.

So I told em I'm done and send me a box to mail your receivers back.  Think I'm just going to switch back and forth to get new subscriber deals after each year is up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I canceled also.Switched to Dish. DTV always gives the new subscribers the good deals and does nothing for the people who have been with them for years. I've had DTV since 2006 and got Sunday Ticket every year and I have had to fight tooth and nail to get even the slightest deal.

So I told em I'm done and send me a box to mail your receivers back.  Think I'm just going to switch back and forth to get new subscriber deals after each year is up.

I've done that same. "Customer loyalty" is a joke with that company. It is insulting how they are more concerned with striking up new clientele instead of rewarding those whove been loyal for years. We did that dance for years with those jokers but don't anymore. As much as I'd love the ticket and redzone, it isn't worth what I've paid in time/money. I'd rather save the cash and go to a bar, my friends or enjoy whatever game is on. I've fallen victim to the culture of the need for immediate gradification that is so widely spread amongst our youth today ('myself included). Im trying to peel away from my dependency on accessing everything I wish at a moment's notice (checks fantasy team score). Hey, nobody is perfect. 

• Like (+1) 2

Why not take away Direct tv'S hold? i would simply like to have the option  on game day be able to call my cable co and pay for a sunday game? . much like you do when you want to add a channel..not rocket science .. i e :   can i order the Bills v Jets today? for X amount of dollars? may 10.. 15   20 ? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ShelfromNJ said:

I have the same problem and I couldn't get through.  I tried the chat help but that was busy.  I am going to try to call tomorrow and see if I can get a refund.  I never was able to watch the games.

U mean today? Or every week? And yes I believe they're being bombarded with calls about Sunday ticket today 

58 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Why not take away Direct tv'S hold? i would simply like to have the option  on game day be able to call my cable co and pay for a sunday game? . much like you do when you want to add a channel..not rocket science .. i e :   can i order the Bills v Jets today? for X amount of dollars? may 10.. 15   20 ? 

This is a great idea actually. The only reason I have it is to watch the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

Twice this year I have a blacked out game on he Ticket even though it was not on my local feed. i called and was told it was controlled by the NFL and there was nothing they could do.i told them that I pay for all the games not on my local and i wanted to talk to a supervisor, Nothing. 

Anybody else have this particular problem.

11 minutes ago, Stroke 17 said:

Twice this year I have a blacked out game on he Ticket even though it was not on my local feed. i called and was told it was controlled by the NFL and there was nothing they could do.i told them that I pay for all the games not on my local and i wanted to talk to a supervisor, Nothing. 

Anybody else have this particular problem.

Nope never any isssues

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

U mean today? Or every week? And yes I believe they're being bombarded with calls about Sunday ticket today 

This is the first time that I got a message that I had to buy it for $49  a game even though I had the ticket since the beginning of the season.

No issues here and as far as service I would rate Dtv as top notch they always go above and beyond when I have had issues with free pay tv for 6 months like HBO/Cinemax etc they even gave me a 30$ credit each month for a whole year. 

Some of you obviously have bad negotiating skills or just expect too much.

Directv, since it has been taken over by At&t,has gone right down the toilet. Ive been screwed a few times by them already. Called 4 months ago about my dvr not working correctly and things that tape aren't appearing and they said its a bug they are working on fixing but all I have to do is restart the box every time I use it so they wont comp me anything . "ALL I HAVE TO DO IS" Anyone whose hit that little red button on the side of the box knows it takes about 20 mins to do that and get up and running. SO am I shocked that there has been something wrong with Sunday ticket no. Ive had the same issue but don't even bother calling because every time I do I get off the phone and want to put my head through a window.