Media trying to get McDermott fired.

2 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

He should be on the hot seat. The offense is less than unacceptable and his defense is not consistent. Special Teams keep making critical mistakes and there is no discipline on either side of the ball. This many pre-snap penalties are indefensible at this point. McD better be able to process that what he is doing is not working.

For the reasons cited, the seat should at least be warm.  There are reasons for Beane to be there as well, but that's another thread.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

Ronald Darby - Supposedly didn't buy into the zone defense we were installing...  So rather than have him be a cancer, they got something for him, can't fault them there

Marcel Dareus - Was worthless on our team, put in very little effort, and was a cancer, not someone you want influencing your young up and coming rookies

As for in LA, I'm not sure if you were referring to Robey-Coleman or Woods, but I 100% wanted to keep Woods and believe it was a mistake IF Woods was open to staying in Buffalo and they sent him packing.  Robey I believe is JAG.

And KC, I am assuming you are referring to Watkins and not Ragland, and Watkins has shown that he was nothing special, certainly not worth the $$ he wanted/received from KC.

You make it sound like our players that we sent packing are integral parts of these SB teams when in reality they are far from it and were great teams before those players arrived.

Woods was a good soldier.  He played hard and was an excellent blocker on a team that bragged about how much they wanted to run the ball.  He never complained.  As soon as his contract was up and the Rams offered him money to come home, he was gone.  Don't blame him at all, though...USC guy getting to play back in LA with a smart offensive coach.   

Edited by stony
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

Did anyone really expect any thing different from where he are right now

I did. We DID make the playoffs last year. All off season McDermott and Bean e trumpeted the win and rebuild line.  I expected we would have a starting QB that could actually play the position.  I didn't expect our O to be dead last in points by a wide margin.  I fully expected us to be at least competitive. I did not expect our D to give up an average of 25Points per game.

this is not a to be expected rebuild, it's a train wreck of  a train hauling burning tires IMHO.

33 minutes ago, mannc said:

People said the same thing about Rex in year 2.  If this team plays the rest of the year like it did in Indy, McD may very well be fired.

Rex bragged he'd have them winning immediately.  And didn't get along with the GM.  McDermott gets along with his GM and was clear it would take several years to build what he wants.

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Rex bragged he'd have them winning immediately.  And didn't get along with the GM.  McDermott gets along with his GM and was clear it would take several years to build what he wants.

Yeah, but other than that, it's exactly like Rex.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I was watching  channel 2 news this morning and Adam Benini and Vic Carrucci were saying that with the way this team is playing that McDermott JUST HAS TO BE on the hot seat. Then they bemoan how bad they played against the Colts and it's just unacceptable for the defense to give up all those points to the 1-5 colts.

Maybe they forgot how critical turnovers are (from the offense) to getting blown out. Guess they forgot how we demolished the Vikings at home and that a superior team can get their butts handed to them by a lesser team.

What I find sad is these clowns can't see the long game that is going on here and that this offseason is going to be used to finish most of the rebuild that is taking place.

McDermott is going nowhere.

Who is accountable for the way this team

has been playing? Pretty simple, whoever is accountable for the product on the field should be on the hot seat because this team and the way they have been playing (other than the Vikings game) has been nothing but awful and embarrassing. 

4 minutes ago, gordong said:

No, this guy gets blown out a lot more than Rex

I don't like the blowout losses. Given the historic ineptitude of the offense, I imagine more lopsided losses are likely. I still think he gets the off-season and next year to right the ship.

Edited by Dr. Who

16 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

McDermott gets along with his GM and was clear it would take several years to build what he wants.

That’s your assumption; I don’t believe McDermott ever said that and I don’t believe Pegula ever agreed to it.  And he damn sure didn’t say he would field the worst offense in in NFL history in year 2.

16 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

...usual urinalists' speculation......how many are always on the hot seat?.......Marvin Lewis ever been on a cool seat?.....there are others......with 10 picks and FA $$$ in 2019, it is probably one of the more defining and pivotal years in the last decade+.....if we are in the same position next year as we are currently in, then the "seat" may go from "possibly luke warn" to "warmer"....

1 minute ago, mannc said:

That’s your assumption; I don’t believe McDermott ever said that and I don’t believe Pegula ever agreed to it.  And he damn sure didn’t say he would field the worst offense in in NFL history in year 2.

Well a ton have folks have reported that.  But you believe whatever fits your agenda.

I do agree that the blowouts need to stop.  My concern is the slow starts, some games they just don't seem ready to go.  That is a thing the coach needs to get hold of.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Well a ton have folks have reported that.  But you believe whatever fits your agenda.

I do agree that the blowouts need to stop.  My concern is the slow starts, some games they just don't seem ready to go.  That is a thing the coach needs to get hold of.

No one “reported” it; it was speculation and nothing more.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think he's gone if that is the case.

....would agree Doc that it would be a serious consideration.....so from your perspective, who stays and who goes?.....we don't know the extent of McDermott's power.....is McBeane the fingered culprit?.....does Pegula fire McDermott and retain McBeane?.....do they BOTH go?.......does Pegula get involved ala the "Wade Effect" , demanding certain coaches go or else?.....Wade protected and lost......this time NEXT year should be interesting if we're taking on the "same amount of water"...stay tuned....

3 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

ESPN + has an article right now. 

The Bills offense is on pace to be the worst ever in over 30 years of tracking. 

They are 52.3% worse than the average NFL offense today. 

That is sobering. McDermott reminds me of a kid who finally got to drive daddy’s car for the first time and proceeded to wreck it. Power corrupts thinking. 

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Rex.... inherited very talented team that should have done much better then it did

McD....coaching a team with very little offensive talent......and in his first year made the playoffs.....

McD got rid of (or let walk) Gillilslee (playing well for the Bills at the time), Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Glenn, and Tyrod Taylor.  The replacements (judgement reserved on Allen) are not as good.

You can't say a HC's performance was handicapped by a lack of talent when that HC created this situation.

• Like (+1) 3

The local sports reporters here in Buffalo are all BUSH LEAGUE!  The local sports report during the newscasts in down to 3 minutes maximum.  You and this Board know  much more about the game.   Benini is a coffee go for at that station.  He didn't even know what a B Gap or who played it for the Bills was when asked!!

16 minutes ago, mannc said:

Which is a stat that is hard to ignore, rebuild or not. 

• Like (+1) 2