Bronco's cut Chad Kelly

6 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Small problems?   This guy was kicked off all his football teams from high school through the NFL.    That tells me that there are some fairly big problems.     How would being at home help things considering the problems were already apparent when he was in high school?

Also, Kelly was the last pick in the 7th round.   No one considered him a 1st round talent .

He may have been the last pick but it wasn't because of his talent. In 2015 he was considered a high 1st rounder. He also was the last QB to go in to Tuscaloosa and beat Alabama laying 45 points on them. Chad is as good as any QB who's come out in the last 5 years but he just has way to many head problems.

6 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Small problems?   This guy was kicked off all his football teams from high school through the NFL.    That tells me that there are some fairly big problems.     How would being at home help things considering the problems were already apparent when he was in high school?

Also, Kelly was the last pick in the 7th round.   No one considered him a 1st round talent .

Yea, but otherwise he’s totally the right guy for us 

It's too bad about this young man. The opportunity he had at this point in his life to eventually be a successful qb in the nfl. Make unbelievable money for years to

come & have lots of opportunities as a result of that, for himself and his family to contribute positively to our society for years and years to come and he's squandering

that away. I figure he has to be very immature, and or very troubled inside to keep blowing his chances as this has been his history. Of course he can regroup, straighten

himself out, and have his opportunity sometime in the nfl. But he's treading on thin ice, in my opinion, and others will ( may are) lose faith in him as a player in the nfl.

7 minutes ago, RevWarRifleman said:

It's too bad about this young man. The opportunity he had at this point in his life to eventually be a successful qb in the nfl. Make unbelievable money for years to

come & have lots of opportunities as a result of that, for himself and his family to contribute positively to our society for years and years to come and he's squandering

that away. I figure he has to be very immature, and or very troubled inside to keep blowing his chances as this has been his history. Of course he can regroup, straighten

himself out, and have his opportunity sometime in the nfl. But he's treading on thin ice, in my opinion, and others will ( may are) lose faith in him as a player in the nfl.

this sad sack clown is done....thought he had infinite lives at EVERY level because of his last name and Uncle Jimbo.....certainly would bet Jimbo put in a call to Elway about "giving him a shot" and he blew THAT......doubt Jimbo does that again as in "once a mistake twice a fool".......

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

While I know Uncle Jim (along with the rest of those Bills) did more than his fair share of partying at that age, I'd like to at least think they were able to hold their liquor better than that. But yeah, they grew up before everybody had a video camera in their pocket that can send it worldwide instantly. 

Fair share of partying?   WOW.  I was in my 20's when Jim and the boys tore up this town...The stories...The drug use...The beating up of women... UGH.   It was much more than a little partying.   TRUST ME...

10 minutes ago, Talonz said:

Fair share of partying?   WOW.  I was in my 20's when Jim and the boys tore up this town...The stories...The drug use...The beating up of women... UGH.   It was much more than a little partying.   TRUST ME...

..and that looks like where Chad's "following in his uncle's footsteps" ain't gonna work out.......must be nice to flush MILLIONS down your "ceramic Kohler".........

1 hour ago, Talonz said:

Those Bills teams would honestly rank right up there as one of the hardest partying pro sports teams of all time.  I don't think the younger generation realizes how wild those guys were.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Kelly has a first round to second round grade. Maurice hurst had a first round grade and went in the 4th or 5th because of medical issues. And by small problems I mean he isn’t a drug addict, rapist, beating his wife/kids, or anything crazy he is doing stupid kid *****. And he was in HS he was a kid. He will calm down as he gets older and he is at the age where being around his family will help him calm down. In HS kids are gonna do what they want no matter who they are around. ***** they might rebel even more because they are around their family. All his issues have been stupid *****

5 hours ago, jkx2 said:

He may have been the last pick but it wasn't because of his talent. In 2015 he was considered a high 1st rounder. He also was the last QB to go in to Tuscaloosa and beat Alabama laying 45 points on them. Chad is as good as any QB who's come out in the last 5 years but he just has way to many head problems.

if there was any time to take a FREE gamble on a potential star, it's NOW. what do we have to lose?  we can't wait long , some team will scoop him up for peanuts and he'll mature and be great.  i would argue that any  20 something yr. old drunk turns into an idiot. 

3 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Those Bills teams would honestly rank right up there as one of the hardest partying pro sports teams of all time.  I don't think the younger generation realizes how wild those guys were.  

They would have given those 80's Mets teams a run for their money. The Cowboys of the early 90's were criticized as party animals, but even they couldn't believe how hard the Bills went.

Speaking of Jim, this book just came out, give the excerpt a read:

Book excerpt: For USFL's Houston Gamblers, high times on and off the field

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, QCity said:

They would have given those 80's Mets teams a run for their money. The Cowboys of the early 90's were criticized as party animals, but even they couldn't believe how hard the Bills went.

Speaking of Jim, this book just came out, give the excerpt a read:

Book excerpt: For USFL's Houston Gamblers, high times on and off the field

Not shocking to me at all but interesting stuff. I've always said it would be amazing if a tell-all behind the scenes book ever came out about the Super Bowl era Bills off the field life but I feel like the Bills have tried distancing themselves from that stuff as much  as they can.  I've heard alot of them admit on record that they went pretty hard but none of them every discuss any details.  I read the book about the 90's Cowboys "Boys Will Be Boys"(at least I think that's what it was called) and it was pretty wild stuff.  Also in the Brett Favre book "Gunslinger" it got into some details of how he lived off the field back in his day and he was another maniac.  

20 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

While I know Uncle Jim (along with the rest of those Bills) did more than his fair share of partying at that age, I'd like to at least think they were able to hold their liquor better than that. But yeah, they grew up before everybody had a video camera in their pocket that can send it worldwide instantly. 

Nope. If there were camera phones in the early 90s pretty much everyone from the bills but Mark Kelso would be in jail.

9 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

Kelly has a first round to second round grade. Maurice hurst had a first round grade and went in the 4th or 5th because of medical issues. And by small problems I mean he isn’t a drug addict, rapist, beating his wife/kids, or anything crazy he is doing stupid kid *****. And he was in HS he was a kid. He will calm down as he gets older and he is at the age where being around his family will help him calm down. In HS kids are gonna do what they want no matter who they are around. ***** they might rebel even more because they are around their family. All his issues have been stupid *****

No alcohol in system and weed doesn't make you violent or mumble incoherently.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

21 hours ago, prissythecat said:

I think many thought he had first rd talent- unfortunately for him the risk was too great. Teams have learned from the Johnny Manziel’s and Ryan Leaf’s.

2 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

I think many thought he had first rd talent- unfortunately for him the risk was too great. Teams have learned from the Johnny Manziel’s and Ryan Leaf’s.

1st round talent qbs don’t get drafted in the 7th round.  Stop with This nonsense

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1st round talent qbs don’t get drafted in the 7th round.  Stop with This nonsense

I think, in most cases, you're absolutely right.  But Burfict is an example of a 1st round talent who went undrafted because of non-football-related concerns.  I'm not saying that Chad Kelly was a first round talent, by any means.  Just saying that guys do fall because of attitude/behavior concerns every year - although, a drop from 1 to 7 (or undrafted) seems rare.

40 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think, in most cases, you're absolutely right.  But Burfict is an example of a 1st round talent who went undrafted because of non-football-related concerns.  I'm not saying that Chad Kelly was a first round talent, by any means.  Just saying that guys do fall because of attitude/behavior concerns every year - although, a drop from 1 to 7 (or undrafted) seems rare.

A qb is completely different. Kelly played in a gimmick college offense, had injury concerns, and Is a giant moron.  No one but crazy Bills fans thought he was close to a first rounder.  A lot people didn’t think he would get drafted.

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 2