Denver listening to trade offers for Demaryious Thomas

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Correct.  You are not getting a player who would be more integral for Allen's development in the fifth or sixth round.

The goal is not "Trade for DT so he can be the #1 WR when Allen wins MVP in 2 years."  The goal is "Trade for DT so Allen has somebody to throw to while trying to learn how to play QB."

This could not be more perfectly stated.  

DeVante Parker would be a good play. He would probably be cheap to acquire and has good upside. Besides this season he's proven to be a solid #2/3 with pretty much no one good throwing him the ball. This is a decent risk to take assuming the cost to acquire him is low. 

Demaryius Thomas isn't a guy i'd be going after. He's old and has big money tied to him. He'd be solid but i don't see a fit. 

Cooper is a legit target. I'd be all over this one if the cost is right. I have a feeling he'll be dealt to a team like the Cowboys though.

With us being out of the playoffs i just don't see a need to move picks unless we're getting a long term piece back. If anything i'd be looking to move McCoy and Benjamin for picks. I don't see either player back next season. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
45 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

The fatal flaw in your logic is the group making the pick.  In a vacuum sure those late picks could be valuable, but I have 0 faith the front office can identify talent on the offensive side of the ball.  Let alone a late round pick vs an established player with experience. 

Okay, trade picks for receivers 30+ who will be retired in two years, good idea.

21 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Haha, I'd bet 6 million dollars you're white.

?? what is your point?

There are literally about only 3 or 4 starting white receivers in NFL on any given year(and about 50% of them are on Patriots) so him saying Bills should draft WR implies you draft an African-American about 99+ % of the time.

Edited by cba fan

29 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Okay, trade picks for receivers 30+ who will be retired in two years, good idea.

First off, I def dont think we should trade for DT.  Just pointing out how your logic was flawed, also if im paying a 5th rounder and 10 mil for a good WR who can help Allen develop sign me up because thats way more important right now than a maybe fringe starter  who could turn out to be another Nate the great.  

4 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Correct.  You are not getting a player who would be more integral for Allen's development in the fifth or sixth round.

The goal is not "Trade for DT so he can be the #1 WR when Allen wins MVP in 2 years."  The goal is "Trade for DT so Allen has somebody to throw to while trying to learn how to play QB."

Trade for him and Cooper if you can. DT for now, Cooper for later. Not sure what we'd have to give up for both, but a 5 for DT is fine in my book given your reason stated there. It's a no brainer really, though it does handicap our free cap situation a bit trading for both when we need other positions as well.

Edited by ctk232

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 hours ago, BillsMafia13 said:

First off, I def dont think we should trade for DT.  Just pointing out how your logic was flawed, also if im paying a 5th rounder and 10 mil for a good WR who can help Allen develop sign me up because thats way more important right now than a maybe fringe starter  who could turn out to be another Nate the great.  

My logic that trading picks for older players past their prime when you are bad, young team is not flawed because you have no faith in the Bills current hierarchy.  One has nothing to do with the other, sorry if that is hard for you to comprehend.  I will point out though that the current regime, which I am very much in question of, drafted Milano in the 5th and Taron Johnson in the 4th in consecutive drafts.  Now that is all I have to say about this.  I have spent too much time arguing with dimwits over this matter.  Go educate yourself.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

14 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

My logic that trading picks for older players past their prime when you are bad, young team is not flawed because you have no faith in the Bills current hierarchy.  One has nothing to do with the other, sorry if that is hard for you to comprehend.  I will point out though that the current regime, which I am very much in question of, drafted Milano in the 5th and Taron Johnson in the 4th in consecutive drafts.  Now that is all I have to say about this.  I have spent too much time arguing with dimwits over this matter.  Go educate yourself.

Milano and Taron Johnson will not win us a Super Bowl if Allen sucks forever.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Milano and Taron Johnson will not win us a Super Bowl if Allen sucks forever.

You saw me mention dimwits and you felt the need to chime in.

Thomas isn’t fast anymore, is injured often and drops a lot of passes.  Manning in his swan song made him and Julius Thomas,  neither has been close to the same player since.

If they want to sign him as a FA to reasonable deal, sure.  But don’t think it makes since to trade for Denver’s version of KB.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Thomas isn’t fast anymore, is injured often and drops a lot of passes.  Manning in his sean song made him and Julius Thomas,  either has been nearly the same player since.

If they want to sign him as a FA to reasonable deal, sure.  But don’t think it makes since to trade for Denver’s version of KB.

Is it just me, or does Thomas have a clause in his contract that requires to drop at least one pass every game??