What We Will Know by the Trade Deadline

51 minutes ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

I see some ugly losses and no wins as teams will have little to no fear of anderson scrambling and our oline being exposed as bottom 5 in the league... We will beg for Josh Allen to be rushed back and wont win another game until he returns to the starting line-up

You're right.  His 80 yards of passing are going to be sorely missed.

He's averaging 138 per game for the season.

I think Mahomes and Brady both had more than that in the last 5 minutes of the game last Sunday night.

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

I have this weird feeling that Anderson rips off a couple wins in relief, fans clamor for him to stay in, he has a terrible 3rd game, and we are then back to Allen due to said clamoring fans.

Ha ha I was thinking the same thing, I hope he'll have a good game against the Colts and be crowned the saviour.

Follow it up with a bad game and so we go back into meltdown because that's what this board is all about. 

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

If Daboll was a real OC, why wasn't the playbook dumbed down for a green as grass rookie, but the expectations are for it to be dumbed down for a vet QB?  Even with a week as a Bill, Anderson should be able to pick up the playbook a lot quicker than a rookie who, to make things worse, didn't get to work with the first team as a penciled in starter would in TC.

The play book with Allen at the helm cant be dumbed down any further- Dabolls offense is a joke and would suck in college too. 

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

If Daboll was a real OC, why wasn't the playbook dumbed down for a green as grass rookie, but the expectations are for it to be dumbed down for a vet QB?

Because 'the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak'? (Matthew 26:41). And no, I won't be attending Bible study with anyone anytime soon.

• Like (+1) 1

Winning 3 of the next 4 is not an unrealistic possibility. We have a better chance with a rusty vet than we do with pickoff Peterman. And as an extra bonus, Allen gets to step back and watch how an experienced pro handles things. The time off watching and learning should really help him

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

I have this weird feeling that Anderson rips off a couple wins in relief, fans clamor for him to stay in, he has a terrible 3rd game, and we are then back to Allen due to said clamoring fans.

He lead the Browns of all teams to 10-6 once... He can do it maybe with this defense.

I am not saying that Anderson is the answer but our defense has to have taken some of the pressure off in Anderson's mind.  If something is not there he will be more likely to throw the pass away versus trying to extend a play only to be sacked, fumble, or throw an int.  A vet's mentality versus a rookie trying to impress the HC.

2 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

I think they are going to be cautious with Allen. I would be shocked as long as Anderson looks even remotely decent if they don't stick with him until the Dolphins game December 2nd where Allen can come back and play the last 5 games of the season after resting 6 weeks. If the Bills go 1-2 in the next 3 games they slide to 3-6, still possible to make the playoffs but the team isn't rushing Aaron Rodgers back to try and salvage a season. If the Bills go 0-3 (which is very possible if they lose to the Colts) in the next 3 then the team is 2-7 and the season is cooked. 

If Allen was healthy and you are 2-7 then go for it let the rookie play. But there is no need to risk further injury by playing him a week or two early. I just don't see a reason to rush Allen back until at least week 12 against the Jags which would be after the bye week. If the Jags are playing great defense or Anderson is playing better than expected maybe sitting Allen until the Dolphins game might be the better idea. 

Edited by billsfan89

9 minutes ago, BmarvB said:

The time off watching and learning should really help him

I really think ( and hope ) you're right here. 

Is there another scrub veteran on the FA market we could bring in to backup once we release Peterman?

Edited by rodneykm

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

In typical Bills fashion, Anderson gets us the next two wins...including a Monday Nighter against the Patriots, and they offer him Franchise money to become the next big star only to suffer Buyer's Remorse three weeks later.  Shoot me now.

Seems you have seen this before....

27 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

He lead the Browns of all teams to 10-6 once... He can do it maybe with this defense.

Starting Sunday......

2 hours ago, Ray Finkel said:

I don’t think his playbook ever needs to be dumbed down.  It looks basic to me.

....not much in the way of innovation or ability to adjust....sure he probably has a learning curve as an OC and with a rook QB, but he's been around the game long enough to show something in BOTH areas......

3 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Add your takes on what you see playing out over the next 2-4 weeks.

By the trade deadline we'll know whether they consider this season to be a complete rebuilding year. If they trade Shady, then they're officially throwing in the towel and tooling up for next year's draft. If not, it means they think there's still a chance, however remote it may be, to have a winning season.

6 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

By the trade deadline we'll know whether they consider this season to be a complete rebuilding year. If they trade Shady, then they're officially throwing in the towel and tooling up for next year's draft. If not, it means they think there's still a chance, however remote it may be, to have a winning season.

i do not think it is an either/or proposition via trade deadline.

But yes, if Shady goes away , we are calling it a wash.

But how do you do that with the defense playing so well ?