Peter King with Murph & Tasker Today: Bills' QB Situation is Lunacy

Fadingpain

13 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I didn't want him on the team at all in 2018.

I wanted McCarron (I will admit) and a Bridgewater or any serviceable backup (Glennon etc).

I still don't want NP and would take Paxton Lynch or Landry Jones today, and I do mean today.

I've said this 3 weeks ago. I know they're bad but compared to NP,  Lynch or Jones are world class.  Now we have to wait for Anderson to get to speed.  McCarron wasn't the right choice to be the so called veteran mentor to Josh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

And thus my statements above.  They can be rightfully criticized for not bringing in a vet like these guys when they traded McCarron but none of these guys really stands out over the other.

Cool my statement is they dicked this up from Jump because of the Peterman Love 

they though it was smart going into the draft with Peterman and McCarron 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Cool my statement is they dicked this up from Jump because of the Peterman Love 

they though it was smart going into the draft with Peterman and McCarron 

And back to my statements above on Peterman. The guy earned a spot in his preseasons then throws up on himself in regular season games.

I think Anderson starts Sunday.  A vet with our D should be able to win that one.

This disaster could have easily been avoided if they just would have cut ties with Peterman after seeing him last year. That’s what I would have done. I had seen enough. If they would have come to grips with the fact that he couldn’t play in this league they’d have had something like Allen, McCarron and Anderson. While that QB room isn’t spectacular it would have at least made sense. A vet, a young vet with some upside and a 1st round pick. 

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, zow2 said:

McBeane believed in preseason results. They shoulda had more sense than that. In hindsight it is lunacy to keep Peterman as #1 when you have no clue if he can play under real game pressure (he failed miserably in his one road start, did ok in half a snow game).  And they go with Allen at#2  when he also had no experience in real game action. When defenses actually game plan.  

Thank you.  This is not a "hindsight is 20/20" kind of thing as some have said.

McDermott was foolish enough to rely heavily on pre-season game performance as a predictor who would work in real football games.  He's not a HC; he's a DC masquerading as one.

BTW:  There was a "predict something for the upcoming season" thread here in August.

I predicted we'd all be bitching about how the QB situation was handled.  Someone dig it up if you like.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Yeah but he consistently did well in preseason and earned a spot.  Then he just does what he does in games.  Just a mystery to me.

Shouldn’t be. Preseason games are at 3/4 speed. Peterman can play in games at 3/4 speed. Regular season games are at full speed. Peterman cannot play in games at full speed. 

Many of us said this before it happened last year and then again this year. It wasn’t even a prediction. It was just seeing he didn’t have the physical capability, amongst other issues. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Peter King is right the whole Peterman vs TT debacle last year was lunacy. Peterman simply wasn't ready to play esp not vs the Chargers last year.  The fact that Peterman "won" the QB competition vs Allen based on useless preseason performance is lunacy. The fact that they did not  have a veteran mentor for Allen is lunacy. The fact that they even trusted Peterman to be a backup to Allen or anyone is lunacy. The fact that they thought they would be fine with THIS Horrible oline , a raw rookie QB backed up by a QB who performed that horribly is lunacy.

I just cannot understand how Beane and McD can even try to justify this mismanagement. At the very least they have to man up and admit they have completely sh*t the bed on this entire QB file. I just wonder how Pegula feels as he watches this slow moving train wreck???

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, George C said:

Give them a break.. nothing was mismanaged. They are after early draft choices and shedding dead money. End of story. 

The entire thing was mismanaged. Those that refuse to see that are drunk on process or concussed from going thru tables 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

How come no one was talking about this before the debacle?

Was I the only one jumping up and down after the ZAY TD?

Was I the only who thought he played well as reliever except our defence shat the bed on the final drive?

Edited by KW95

Just now, KW95 said:

How come no one was talking about this before the debacle?

Was I the only one jumping up and down after the ZAY TD?

Was I the only who thought he played well as reliever except our defence shat the bed on the final drive?

They were but like typical Bills fans anyone that says something in contradiction to what the coaches think or decide is ignored. 

Well until the masses decide it is Billboard time

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Half the board didn't want Peterman on the Bills going into the 2018 season.

Peterman, if he starts the next game or two is a complete embarrassment.

Didn't he have the best preseason?  

Didn't he play well?

Love hindsight....and yes, get rid of him...but I believe Anderson is a piece of turd as well....

2 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Didn't he play well?

Love hindsight....and yes, get rid of him...but I believe Anderson is a piece of turd as well....

Many said all he did in preseason was show what we knew he could do already, and didn’t show what he had trouble with. So if you were looking, no he didn’t have the best preseason. Both Josh and McCarron showed they could do more things and make all throws. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Didn't he play well?

It's not hindsight for half the board who did not want NP on the team at all this year.

Even after the AJM trade and NPs first game benching there have been dozens of threads about bringing in another QB on

both the 53 roster and the PS.

Of course you can believe what you want.

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Many said all he did in preseason was show what we knew he could do already, and didn’t show what he had trouble with. So if you were looking, no he didn’t have the best preseason. Both Josh and McCarron showed they could do more things and make all throws. 

Im not looking and never looked.  Coaches get paid to do that for me!

Oh well, we know what we have.  It's not an easy situation for the coach.  Look at Doug Marrone struggling with his offence and now his defence has let him down in back to back games.

Its tough to Win in the NFL