For those still complaining about Star..

Roundybout

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

One of the reasons. But he has really picked up his game as far as not making mistakes, not taking himself out of position, reading plays better, not missing tackles, and yes, he doesn't have to fend off blockers as much, because of Star.

Star plays 47% of the snaps on defense. Of that percentage, how many plays is Milano making that are because of what Star is doing?

This whole argument looks to be made up of nothing more than assumptions.

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Star plays 47% of the snaps on defense. Of that percentage, how many plays is Milano making that are because of what Star is doing?

This whole argument looks to be made up of nothing more than assumptions.

18.9255%.

Approximately.

Things aren't black and white. Five different factors in one play could make it easier for Milano to make his play. If one of the five is Star taking up two blockers, then he is doing exactly what they brought him here to do. 

58 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Brought in to eat blockers so the linebackers could do their jobs? What people have said all along?

Exactly.  He's never going to show up big time on the statline, but the stats that Milano, Edmunds and the outside pass rushers are racking up and helped by his consistent play in the middle.

34 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Exactly.  He's never going to show up big time on the statline, but the stats that Milano, Edmunds and the outside pass rushers are racking up and helped by his consistent play in the middle.

Really Playing less than Half thr snaps. Sure 

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

And this shows that how?  

What it shows me is Milano and Edmunds are very good LBers. 

But hey glad we paid a Ton to a guy to eat up blocks. 

Phillips does it too and actually gets push and is paid 1/10th of Star 

Give me a break.

21 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Give me a break.

So as I suspected. It doesnt. 

35 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

One snap. Now the other 46% he was in for. Ooo and Notice who is the one getting Doubled it isnt the 10M DT. But a + given by me for this play

Edited by MAJBobby

Star is a rotational player who plays 20-25 (1/3) snaps per game.  Hopefully he's making a difference for the plays that he's in there.  Our run defense is better this year and he is definitely part of it.  For what it's worth, PFF grades him as average based on their analysis (89th DL). https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/star-lotulelei/7795