For those still complaining about Star..

Roundybout

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Phillips was not available at the time we paid Star

Is it really that hard to connect the dots that our LBs might be free to scrape and make plays because OL are not making it to them?

When you cant even tell me on how they manage to do that when Star is NOT in the game for over 50% of the snaps. Yes it is. 

21 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Nothing in this post gives me ANY indication how Star is doing. What is his PFF grade. His Disruptive Grade. Where is he ranking in all other DTs. 

Posting Milano and Edmunds stuff does nothing for me (Specially when this is WHY multiple picks where given up for Edmunds)

PFF means a lot to you doesn't it?  If that's the case, Tre White was terrible against the Texans.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

PFF means a lot to you doesn't it?  If that's the case, Tre White was terrible against the Texans.

Well means a hell of  alot more than Posting some other players impact and telling me to look at Star as the reason 

Edited by MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

When you cant even tell me on how they manage to do that when Star is NOT in the game for over 50% of the snaps. Yes it is. 

Other DT's are doing the same job......

Our run D is much better then last year so there is that.....Adolphus Washington not being in there and being pushed around also comes into play

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Other DT's are doing the same job......

Our run D is much better then last year so there is that.....Adolphus Washington not being in there and being pushed around also comes into play

So Milano and Lorax play ISNT because of Star and his 10M a year to play half the game. Thanks 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Well means a hell of  alot more than Posting some other players impact and telling me to look at Star as the reason 

To state that Star isn't a reason for our improved everything on defense is being stubborn.  Is he the main reason, no.  Is he a big reason...yes.

He helps the run and the pass.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

To state that Star isn't a reason for our improved everything on defense is being stubborn.  Is he the main reason, no.  Is he a big reason...yes.

He helps the run and the pass.

Again so what happens to Lorax and Milano when Star isnt on the field. They do Nothing right?

Just now, MAJBobby said:

So than the thread should state Milano and Lorax are playing great no matter who the DT is. 

Or they are playing great because DT play has improved?

Look...I know your doing this because you dont like how much Star was paid.....that is your position and it is fine....if he was a liability then I could understand the complain but......

Again so what happens to Lorax and Milano when Star isnt on the field. They do Nothing right?

You are so dramatic.  

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Like I said then. The Title should say Milano and Lorax playing great ball no matter who the DT it 

No matter who the DT is.  Lets just put a bunch of street FA's out there and will still have our best run defense since 2004....

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Look...I know your doing this because you dont like how much Star was paid.....that is your position and it is fine....if he was a liability then I could understand the complain but......

You like paying 10M for average?

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You are so dramatic.  

No matter who the DT is.  Lets just put a bunch of street FA's out there and will still have our best run defense since 2004....

Now who is being a drama queen 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

We added to our DT rotation because the value behind it.  But not MJBobby...McDermott doesn't know how to assemble personnel on defense.

I also haven’t complained about Star in a long time. But to put Milano and Lorax who are playing very good football as some asinine justification for Star. Well gonna call it out. 

I also haven’t complained about Star in a long time. But to put Milano and Lorax who are playing very good football as some asinine justification for Star. Well gonna call it out. 

OK so I misunderstood...what you are trying to say is that our LB's are also playing great football and it is not soley on the improved play of our DT's

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

its not my money.....and once again I dont think he is playing "average" for what they are asking him to do...I think that DT play has improved over that position on our team as a whole......

Adolphus Washington was "average"

Grades out as AVG. but hey its ok the ONE clip that is used in this thread for him, he isnt even getting doubled. That is Kyle. 

But hey its ok. Milano has a PBU that is because of Star. He causes a fumble or recovers a fumble Star again. He reads a play gets thru the wash and makes a play all Star. NOTHING to do with his growth as a player. 

Lorax gets a Sack all Star. Oooo lets just say Hughes is playing the way he is because of Star as well. 

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

For the record, PFF has Tre'Davious White graded as Above Average.

Personally, I think he is better than that.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

"No matter" means exactly what?  That means ANYBODY which would include street FA's.  

Anybody on the Bills you know the guys Milano is playing behind 

Edited by MAJBobby

OK so I misunderstood...what you are trying to say is that our LB's are also playing great football and it is not soley on the improved play of our DT's

Yep. Because going all the way back to my first post in this thread. Where is Stars name in the stuff posted. 

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

For the record, PFF has Tre'Davious White graded as Above Average.

Personally, I think he is better than that.

He played excellent against the Texans.  He held Hopkins to his lowest production in a very long time.  

Anybody on the Bills you know the guys Milano is playing behind 

McDermott is a defensive coach, he knows what he needs on defense.  Our defense is elite.  We wanted to make sure we got stronger up front which is why we drafted Phillips.

Why is that?  

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/16/2018 at 4:00 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

Or you could watch him and realize this is exactly what is happening rather than criticizing something that is provable on tape. He's also doing the second part of the reason for signing him well, stuffing up the middle on pass plays so Hughes and Murphy can use their formidable speed rushing skills to get around the corner but not have the QB step up into a huge open pocket and escape that rush like what was happening the last couple years.

I gotta' admit Star has been playing much better.

It will be interesting to see if he goes back to mailing in efforts but in recent weeks he's been good and it helps that the Phillips' and KW are eating up some of those snaps.

Reality check though........6-10 record since trading Dareus' to improve the team culture.

They became a bad team the moment they made that Dareus trade..............but Star is an upgrade over the practice squad players they used initially to replace MD.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It will be interesting to see if he goes back to mailing in efforts but in recent weeks he's been good and it helps that the Phillips' and KW are eating up some of those snaps.

Reality check though........6-10 record since trading Dareus' to improve the team culture.

They became a bad team the moment they made that Dareus trade..............but Star is an upgrade over the practice squad players they used initially to replace MD.

Are you trying to suggest THAT is what made us a bad team. It sounds that way, and you’re better that’s that.  

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

Are you trying to suggest THAT is what made us a bad team. It sounds that way, and you’re better that’s that.  

Last year..........yes........definitely.   You saw the results.   They limped to the finish....pounded mercilessly by the terrible Jets and the middling Bolts.....and barely surviving against a terrible Indy team and a David Fales-lead Dolphins team.   

Realizing that they expended major draft and cap assets on Edmunds(1st and second round pick) and Star(a contract when combined with Dareus dead $ was a net loss vs just keeping Dareus) and Phillips(a 3rd round pick) to shore up the mistake.

Which naturally cost them opportunities to use those assets on the offensive side of the ball.

Hence why they are still a bad team with far more work to do than they should have.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I wouldn't have traded Dareus for a crappy draft choice either. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

Or you simply refuse to acknowledge that occupying blockers is an important role .

You simply refuse to acknowledge if Star is SO vital to these two why do they not play bad when he is off the field? 

As I have said over and over this title should be about Milano and Lorax not some justification to Star

we signed star to bolster the run d and get some push up the gut, and we've gotten that.  i suppose it's possible that he hasn't contributed as much as his paycheck, but 10mm is basically what a quality smash em up giant DT costs, and he's certainly been that.

our D has been playing at a redunk level since 6 quarters in, and star is the closest player to the ball on half of our snaps, so clearly he's contributed.

i will say, i don't think lorrax and kyle can keep this up all season given their age, and our lack of 3rd lb and 2nd corner is gonna get us roasted when we face top flight qbs, but i'm more than happy with our d.

our o is hot garbage, and some of that was to be expected, but it should improve as allen grows and with less peterman.

the real pain this season has been our special teams.  it seems like the young punter has a leg, and our kicker is great, but we haven't covered as well as i'd like, and muffs and blocks costs us what would have been a massive road win.  imo that's rather fixable tho.