Is Nate Peteman the worst QB in NFL history?

bills6969

2 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

Peterman is a solid backup. The Bills just put him in bad spots. He makes virtually nothing and those savings are spent on the defensive side of the ball. This guy should be handing the ball off and making only short safe throws.

No. No he is not.  He doesn't belong in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

Peterman is a solid backup. The Bills just put him in bad spots. He makes virtually nothing and those savings are spent on the defensive side of the ball. This guy should be handing the ball off and making only short safe throws.

Peterman is a horrible backup.  A backup QB's job is to come in when the other guy gets injured which by definition a bad spot.  I do agree with you though that some of the blame HAS to fall on play calling.  While I hate playing for OT, in this case with a TO machine at QB, we should have been feeding Shady and throw a few passes to the middle of the field where he appears to be less dangerous. 

Yet Daboll called the EXACT PLAY that has given him trouble so many times.

That said, he stinks and should be cut by now.  Actually should have happened a month ago.

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

His interview was about his play as an NFL QB and the response was a weak deflection to disarm any questions about his career viability.  His beliefs are immaterial to the conversation just as they are for any other player. 

Yeah, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. You are bringing what I think is a basically bigoted approach about faith and God to what actually transpired in the interview.

"what happened"? "Yeah, I shouldn't have checked down. I can't make more of it than that; I screwed up" .... somehow that transfers to hiding behind his faith. Or no it didn't.

"how do you remain positive?" "I know my identity, put everything into a game I love ... but basically it's game and I'm a believer in God". Maybe you don't know anyone that is saved by Grace, and that's too bad for you. But his FAITH is what helps him remain positive. 

"do you worry about how many chances you'll get" "I just take it day by day" From what I've heard, that is the most standard athlete response in the world.

"what do you mean by your true identity?" "I'm a child of God. I don't find my identity in football". Yeah, sure sounds like he ducked that one. Again, if you don't know what it's like to be saved, try it. But this is who he is, who any Christian is.

"how hard is it to go from the highs to the lows" "it hurts for me, for my teammates that tried for 60 minutes and I let them down." Yeah, that religion, huh?

"what about the support you get from your teammates" "yeah it's been incredible" ... so apparently the only here offended by his faith is you.

he follows that up by talking straight football - because they are straight football questions.

You might want to check your clear anti-Christian bias at the door. There was nothing in that interview that was weak or deflection. What is weak is your take.

Just now, Tyrod's friend said:

Yeah, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. You are bringing what I think is a basically bigoted approach about faith and God to what actually transpired in the interview.

"what happened"? "Yeah, I shouldn't have checked down. I can't make more of it than that; I screwed up" .... somehow that transfers to hiding behind his faith. Or no it didn't.

"how do you remain positive?" "I know my identity, put everything into a game I love ... but basically it's game and I'm a believer in God". Maybe you don't know anyone that is saved by Grace, and that's too bad for you. But his FAITH is what helps him remain positive. 

"do you worry about how many chances you'll get" "I just take it day by day" From what I've heard, that is the most standard athlete response in the world.

"what do you mean by your true identity?" "I'm a child of God. I don't find my identity in football". Yeah, sure sounds like he ducked that one. Again, if you don't know what it's like to be saved, try it. But this is who he is, who any Christian is.

"how hard is it to go from the highs to the lows" "it hurts for me, for my teammates that tried for 60 minutes and I let them down." Yeah, that religion, huh?

"what about the support you get from your teammates" "yeah it's been incredible" ... so apparently the only here offended by his faith is you.

he follows that up by talking straight football - because they are straight football questions.

You might want to check your clear anti-Christian bias at the door. There was nothing in that interview that was weak or deflection. What is weak is your take.

Don't care about his beliefs or any other player's.  I'm not anti-Christian despite your ridiculous assumption. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Don't care about his beliefs or any other player's.  I'm not anti-Christian despite your ridiculous assumption. 

OK. Good for you.

Again, there was nothing in that interview that smacked of him hiding behind his faith. He was asked direct questions and when the answers were about his belief system, he responded in that way.

You couldn't have been more off base. And yeah, both your comments smacked of either not knowing what being saved by Grace is, or understanding how it motivates an athlete and to me definitively having a bias - because you couldn't have come to that conclusion without the bias by listening to what he actually said.

If the Bills gave me the back up job:

I would give it my all.

I would watch hours of film.

I would do whatever the coaches say.

I would be a good guy in the locker room.

I would do everything that NP does and maybe more.

That does not make me an NFL QB.

45 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

OK. Good for you.

Again, there was nothing in that interview that smacked of him hiding behind his faith. He was asked direct questions and when the answers were about his belief system, he responded in that way.

You couldn't have been more off base. And yeah, both your comments smacked of either not knowing what being saved by Grace is, or understanding how it motivates an athlete and to me definitively having a bias - because you couldn't have come to that conclusion without the bias by listening to what he actually said.

No one asked him about his faith and his "I'm going to learn from this" was also rubbish because he keeps doing the same dumb things over and over in every opportunity.  Too bad his faith hasn't blessed him with more talent. 

13 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Remember in the preseason when people were comparing Peterman to Brady and Brees because of well......preseason.  It seems so long ago, but still hilarious.

Oh god don't remind me loool that Brees thread gives me nightmares .

From Peter King:

Goat of the Week

Nathan Peterman, quarterback, Buffalo. Two interceptions in the final 90 seconds of a tie game in Houston, the first one giving the Texans a pick-six by Jonathan Joseph, and the second a desperado last gasp with 30 seconds left by Kareem Jackson. Texans 20, Bills 13, and Peterman’s first two NFL seasons continue to be an arduous exercise in personal torture.

15 hours ago, bills11 said:

Oh god don't remind me loool that Brees thread gives me nightmares .

Is he Brees’s equal yet?

46 minutes ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

If the Bills played a good college team and Peterman started would the Bills honestly win?

Under certain scenarios the college team puts up a good fight, but physical power would overcome on behalf of a pro team

Edited by row_33

I just saw this on my DFS site that I am a member of (Rotogrinders.com)

"Just to remind everyone how bad Nathan Peterman is the minimum on FD(Fanduel) for QB has always been 6K. They changed the minimum to 5900 just for him pricing him cheaper than all of the backup QB’s. All of the 6K backup QB’s are expected to zero points obviously, so pricing Peterman at less than them just goes to show that even if he starts, him going for negative points again is more likely than him getting zero in FDs eyes ??? I found FD lowering their minimum for him hilarious. The guy is terrible"

This is getting borderline embarrassing for the BILLS.

• Haha (+1) 1