Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Beto’s idea about stripping churches of tax exempt status for the wrongthink is an outlier,

but I’m also not seeing a mad rush by liberals or Democrats to distance themselves from or denounce it either.

The statements these Democrats are making on the CNN LGBT town hall are designed to tear America apart on a cultural level.

•  

Beto suggesting the revocation of ALL traditional church tax-exempt status, Booker blaming the Pulse shooting on “white supremacy,” Klobuchar committing to a third gender option on federal ID -- this is all extreme, insane stuff.

EGmP5OUX4AA2h5j.jpg

EGmP5OVXYAAylud.jpg

EGmP5O6WsAA1NaI.jpg

EGmP5OVW4AIO3-R.jpg

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

From Prof. Althouse:

"Grab a beer (or whatever) with Warren!"

An ad that came up in my sidebar just now:

Screen%2BShot%2B2019-10-11%2Bat%2B11.41.18%2BAM.png

What do you think? Do you like that black-and-white image with the only color in the beer bottle? Is the profile image with the sassy hand on the hip good? Seems like she's at some sort of beer-drinking party, giving you a sense of what it might be like to go to this beer-drinking party you might win an invitation to. But I feel excluded because she's looking at someone taller than she is, and she's 5'8", 3 inches taller than I am (and I'm exactly average height women for a woman).

The line "grab a beer" makes me think of that awkward/charming "I'm going to get me, um, a beer" Instagram Live video she put out on New Year's Eve. And "grab" makes me think of Trump's old "grab them by the *****" remark, especially when juxtaposed to "whatever," which Trump once used — or seemed to use — to refer to female genitalia (when he described Megyn Kelly as having "blood coming out of her whatever").

But "grab" is such an advertising word. I try to avoid watching TV commercials, but I believe the ads for food and drink almost never tell you to "eat" or "drink" or "have" or "buy" the product. It's always grab. And I think this started with beer: "You only go around once in life, so you've got to grab all the gusto you can."

In political speech, "grab" is pejorative. You opponent is grabbing power. You are offering to serve. But not to serve beer!

2 hours ago, ALF said:

Beto can say anything he wants , he has 0% chance of being the nominee.

.....actually he should say nothing.....why advertise your ignorance confirming what the masses thought?.......keep 'em guessing and trying to figure your sorry azz out...

NOT JUST A FAKE INDIAN!

When it suited her purposes in the world of academia, Elizabeth Warren absurdly presented herself as an American Indian, and it suited the purposes of academia to buy it. Running for the Democratic presidential nomination, Warren now poses as a former victim of benighted authorities who fired her from her first teaching job in 1971 because she was pregnant. She somehow overcame to become a Harvard law professor, though we suspect that the fake Indian thing propelled her to Harvard.

The Washington Free Beacon assigned a reporter to check out Warren’s story. When he checked Warren’s story against the documentary evidence, Collin Anderson found “County Records Contradict Warren’s Claim She Was Fired Over Pregnancy.” Anderson reports: “The Riverdale Board of Education approved a second-year teaching contract for a young Elizabeth Warren, documents show, contradicting the Democratic presidential candidate’s repeated claims that she was asked not to return to teaching after a single year because she was ‘visibly pregnant.'”

Warren is sticking to her story. CBS News reports that “Warren stands by account of being pushed out of her first teaching job because of pregnancy.”

Well, that should come as no surprise. She’s sticking to her Indian story too (while apologizing “for the harm [she has] caused,” whatever that means). She’s not just a fake Indian! She’s a fake victim too.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/10/elizabeth-warren-not-just-a-fake-indian.php

On 10/11/2019 at 2:06 PM, B-Man said:

NOT JUST A FAKE INDIAN!

When it suited her purposes in the world of academia, Elizabeth Warren absurdly presented herself as an American Indian, and it suited the purposes of academia to buy it. Running for the Democratic presidential nomination, Warren now poses as a former victim of benighted authorities who fired her from her first teaching job in 1971 because she was pregnant. She somehow overcame to become a Harvard law professor, though we suspect that the fake Indian thing propelled her to Harvard.

The Washington Free Beacon assigned a reporter to check out Warren’s story. When he checked Warren’s story against the documentary evidence, Collin Anderson found “County Records Contradict Warren’s Claim She Was Fired Over Pregnancy.” Anderson reports: “The Riverdale Board of Education approved a second-year teaching contract for a young Elizabeth Warren, documents show, contradicting the Democratic presidential candidate’s repeated claims that she was asked not to return to teaching after a single year because she was ‘visibly pregnant.'”

Warren is sticking to her story. CBS News reports that “Warren stands by account of being pushed out of her first teaching job because of pregnancy.”

Well, that should come as no surprise. She’s sticking to her Indian story too (while apologizing “for the harm [she has] caused,” whatever that means). She’s not just a fake Indian! She’s a fake victim too.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/10/elizabeth-warren-not-just-a-fake-indian.php

This story shows she is either not very smart or knows the MSM will provide cover.  I was on a Board of Education for 10 years - these records are kept forever and subject to FOIL.  Very easy to find the truth.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bless her HEART! Facebook drops HEAP BIG fact-check right on Elizabeth Warren’s head and she just can’t DEAL

Elizabeth Warren claiming Facebook ‘HELPED TRUMP’ win in 2016 is one of the funniest damn things we’ve seen from her yet. Maybe she missed it (or totally ignored it), but like other huge social media platforms, Facebook has a tendency not to be all that supportive of conservatives.

And pretending they helped Trump?          Girl, please.

Facebook already helped elect Donald Trump once through negligence. Now, they've changed their policy so they can profit from lies to the American people. It's time to hold Mark Zuckerberg accountable—add your name if you agree:

https://my.elizabethwarren.com/page/s/ew-soc-big-tech?source=soc-PET-ew-tw-facebook-20191012

They helped him through negligence.

What in the Hell does that even mean?

And really, Liz, a petition? What do you guys wanna bet this is just a way for them to get email addresses to they can beg people for donations?

Democrats.

Facebook actually responded:

de53ec40d8c57b7c5d3227a47ef31df59e912f1d

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Elizabeth Warren Is Jussie Smollett

by Kevin D. Williamson

Original Article

Elizabeth Warren has a moving story about being fired from a teaching job because she was pregnant, a story that perfectly complements her political narrative that she is the tribune and champion of those who have been treated unfairly by the powerful. 

On 10/11/2019 at 8:05 AM, B-Man said:

I think it’s really interesting that the Democrats now think that the government can punish religious organizations for having doctrine that the Democrats disagree with.

I just find it fascinating that now Democrats see themselves as the bastion of morality and dictating morality.  I can't remember how many times I have now heard democrats say "we have to do it because it's morally right".   I've heard it a lot.   I remember when democrats used to castigate republicans for pushing morality like for song lyric censorship and two parent families etc.  democrats used to be for letting individuals decide their own morality.  No more it seems.

3 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I just find it fascinating that now Democrats see themselves as the bastion of morality and dictating morality.  I can't remember how many times I have now heard democrats say "we have to do it because it's morally right".   I've heard it a lot.   I remember when democrats used to castigate republicans for pushing morality like for song lyric censorship and two parent families etc.  democrats used to be for letting individuals decide their own morality.  No more it seems.

...DAMN right...perpetrating the sinking of this ONCE great ship to the throes of a "third world anarchy".....civility . respect, etc?......long LONG gone...SMH............

Me? I’d never question Elizabeth Warren's authenticity. She is an AUTHENTIC LIAR, 100% certifiable as such, and with a career to prove it:  

NY Times: Republicans Questioning Elizabeth Warren’s Authenticity Are Sexist.

Democrats Are Making Girls’ Sports A 2020 Campaign Issue. Establishment Media Aren’t Telling You. 

” 2020 Democratic candidates’ support for the Equality Act has made girls’ sports a 2020 campaign issue. The bill would force public schools to let male athletes who identify as transgender into girls’ sports. Establishment media outlets have largely left out the bill’s impact on girls’ sports when covering Democratic candidates’ support for it.”

Related: Dani Shugart: Trans Athletes: The Death Of Women’s Sports.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Every gushing article I see on her, I want to ask "But why didn't you reprint her Pow-Wow Chow recipe?"

God, I want someone to ask her that in a town hall.  "Ms. Warren...what's your recipe for pow-wow chow again?"

• Haha (+1) 2