Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

True. But did you see Mayor Pete's response when asked about it?

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/05/10/trump-pete-buttigieg-insult.html

Nice.  Maybe Mayor Pete can take care of himself.

which is bullsh*t because i'm not much older than he is and have fond memories of Mad Magazine.  There was also Mad TV on Fox from the 1990s-2000s

so either Mayor Pete is trying to score political points....or he doesn't have a sense of humor

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

which is bullsh*t because i'm not much older than he is and have fond memories of Mad Magazine.  There was also Mad TV on Fox from the 1990s-2000s

so either Mayor Pete is trying to score political points....or he doesn't have a sense of humor

Well...he's gay, and a Democrat, so I'm pretty sure having a sense of humor is forbidden...

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Any publicity is welcome

trump is  cynically building up the crazed nobodies to ruin the Dems in 2020

I don't know if he knows about Alfred or not.  And really, you don't either.

are you saying Honesty is the best policy on the campaign trail?  Just curious, what honest person will you be voting for?

It was a good line. 

6 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

There is no way an openly gay man is going to win the presidency. Like it or not, a "first husband" isn't in our cards.

Given the binary choice between him and Trump though I don't see it as big of an issue as people might think.  The fast pace of acceptance of gay people in American society over the last decade or so makes me think it's possible.  He also doesn't come across as flamboyant which I think would be a disqualifier if we're talking honestly.  The bigger obstacle is his age.

It would be funny to see feminists reaction if their dream of a "first husband" in the White House was married to a male president.  

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

He could keep his stark religious views to himself as well

George Bush ran as a born again Christian with family values that was the perfect antitode after having a smooth talking sleazeball in office for eight years.  

3 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Making a strawman out of Pence to start his campaign was a mistake.

Huge mistake which makes me question his political savviness, but he's lightyears ahead of any other pathetic candidate they've trotted out there.

My guess is the latter as I don't see him as the Mad TV type.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I read Mad Magazine when I could get a copy, and didn’t know that little character had a name, or maybe once knew, but since forgot it. And he’s younger than me. 

12 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Our president name calls like a 4 year old. What a thing to celebrate. Grow up Trump. 

W gave everybody he worked with a nickname. Hey, the Dems, Leftists, and pundits have called him “Hitler, a traitor, Putin’s puppet/lapdog/B word, Despicable, Incompetent, Sleazy, Whoremonger,  Liar in all things, and more. So now you’re upset with name calling?  What, me worry?

7 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

There is no way an openly gay man is going to win the presidency. Like it or not, a "first husband" isn't in our cards.

7 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Yet. 

You think you’ve got a chance?

I busted your chops as unmercifully as I could when you started posting here as Gary Busey. You deserved every bit of it. 

You still in Chicago? I think you’re actually The Big Cat. You write like he did. One of the best things you/he did was a live tv report on Sarah Palin’s Book signing at Southtown Plaza. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nanker said:

W gave everybody he worked with by a nickname. Hey, the Dems, Leftists, and pundits have called him “Hitler, a traitor, Putin’s puppet/lapdog/B word, Despicable, Incompetent, Sleazy, Whoremonger,  Liar in all things, and more. So now you’re upset with name calling?  What, me worry?

You think you’ve got a chance?

I busted your chops as unmercifully as I could when you started posting here as Gary Busey. You deserved every bit of it. 

You still in Chicago? I think you’re actually The Big Cat. You write like he did. One of the best things you/he did was a live tv report on Sarah Palin’s Book signing at Southtown Plaza. 

He's from the Philly area. John Adams, Ben Franklin, etc.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Nanker said:

W gave everybody he worked with a nickname. Hey, the Dems, Leftists, and pundits have called him “Hitler, a traitor, Putin’s puppet/lapdog/B word, Despicable, Incompetent, Sleazy, Whoremonger,  Liar in all things, and more. So now you’re upset with name calling?  What, me worry?

Stop for a second and think like a Progressive.  It's different when Trump calls them names it proves he is a fascist with an infantile mind but when they call Trump names, you should just shut up racist poopy face

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

He's from the Philly area. John Adams, Ben Franklin, etc.

Eye no. The Big Cat went to Geneseo IIRC and was a communications major or some such thing. He moved to Shoe Ka Go after graduating.

We had a few conversations on the big board. It’s more writing style and just a hunch. TBC wasn’t at all a bad guy, but a guy with different opinions. 

2 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Stop for a second and think like a Progressive.  It's different when Trump calls them names it proves he is a fascist with an infantile mind but when they call Trump names, you should just shut up racist poopy face

:wallbash:

Eye shudda thunk about dat firstest. 

:lol:

43 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I’m sticking with paid agent of the Deep State. 

Peace out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Eye no. The Big Cat went to Geneseo IIRC and was a communications major or some such thing. He moved to Shoe Ka Go after graduating.

We had a few conversations on the big board. It’s more writing style and just a hunch. TBC wasn’t at all a bad guy, but a guy with different opinions. 

:wallbash:

Eye shudda thunk about dat firstest. 

:lol:

I remember TBC but BM isn't him. He's had several monikers including Ben Franklin, John Adams and Peace Out (according to him). A few years ago he was crusading here for gay marriage. He's from SE PA or Philly.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

I remember TBC but BM isn't him. He's had several monikers including Ben Franklin, John Adams and Peace Out (according to him). A few years ago he was crusading here for gay marriage. He's from SE PA or Philly.

Peace Out! A new one. Love it fellas. Glad to be the subject of so much discourse. 

5 hours ago, Nanker said:

???

Image result for alfred e neuman meme

Democrat, I'm just "one of you" antics

View image on TwitterDamn, nobody thought to throw that apron in the dryer for 5 minutes before staging this photo?  Those are package creases dems.

RqMgJxCc_normal.jpgDouglas Emhoff@douglasemhoff
⁦My wonderful wife ⁦@KamalaHarris⁩ rushing home between LA events to prepare Jerk Chicken marinade for our Mothers Day feast Tmw. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2