Josh Allen is the piece just need players around him

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I see two cases to be made that the WR does not work back to the ball in those picks.....

But.....lets say for arguements sake that they were legit interceptions (I love the extra little narrative in their to call them "horrific" to tried to add some shock value...its not working)

A horrific interception is when a QB sits in a comfortable pocket and throws a ball right to a guy he does not see......Josh Allen is being DRAGGED DOWN FROM BEHIND and on another occassion has a defender RIGHT IN HIS FACE as he is throwing the pick......those are not "horrific" interceptions......those are a rookie QB with bad pass protection throwing a ball into coverage and it is being picked.

WHICH by the way was one of the biggest thing that people hated about Tyrod Taylor.....he WOULD NOT throw the ball into coverage.....and that was also what everyone knew going into this season is we were going to see more turnovers especially with a rookie QB because his pass protection is aweful and his WR's do not consistantly get separation.....then they also do not work back to the ball to actually shield off defenders either.......

YOUR takes are aweful

Work back for the ball.  WTF are you talking about?  We don't have 5 Randy Mosses out there.

In fact, that's what they EXACTLY are. Boneheaded decisions to throw the ball into triple coverage with a guy on his back.  That's BAD.

Tyrod sucked.  But you spent three years arguing his faults didn't exist.  You're a hypocrite homer of the highest order.

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Something I can help you with, sir?

How does no one remember the legendary "Tyrd Taylor was quietly spectacular" thread after he threw for 52 yards against the Titans in 2015?  Was the first time CoT was coined.  

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

How does no one remember the legendary "Tyrd Taylor was quietly spectacular" thread after he threw for 52 yards against the Titans in 2015?  Was the first time CoT was coined.  

I remember coining the phrase, but I've largely worked to block that era out of my head, and actively avoid this part of the board since the hordes of refugees flooded the place.  If it was unreadable before, now it's a strong argument in favor of illiteracy.

I'll say this before I depart:  Tyrod was every bit as spectacular as an incredibly raw rookie, from a small school, in his 4th professional start.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Work back for the ball.  WTF are you talking about?  We don't have 5 Randy Mosses out there.

In fact, that's what they EXACTLY are. Boneheaded decisions to throw the ball into triple coverage with a guy on his back.  That's BAD.

Tyrod sucked.  But you spent three years arguing his faults didn't exist.  You're a hypocrite homer of the highest order.

You need to be Randy Moss to be a NFL receiver that works back to the ball?   To me this says "our wide receivers suck but Josh Allens is supposed to overcome that.  Josh Allen is about as raw as it gets and he is not going to do that in year one with this trash.

These are two totally different qbs in two totally different situations.

It just sounds like you want Josh Allen to be great regardless of the situation he is in and despite his rookie status......feel sorry for you

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You need to be Randy Moss to be a NFL receiver that works back to the ball?   To me this says "our wide receivers suck but Josh Allens is supposed to overcome that.  Josh Allen is about as raw as it gets and he is not going to do that in year one with this trash.

These are two totally different qbs in two totally different situations.

It just sounds like you want Josh Allen to be great regardless of the situation he is in and despite his rookie status......feel sorry for you

What it says to you is irrelevant because it makes no sense.  These guys are in triple coverage.  There is no "working back to the ball" when Josh throws a punt into the end zone.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Don’t see any Bills WRs listed... lets get some and passes might get completed

Percentages would be a better stat because Big Ben and Eli throw a lot more than a QB like Allen.

Side note: Lots of WR's recently drafted have been kinda bad.  Corey Davis and Mike Williams have been SUPER disappointing.  Laquon Treadwell is a bust.  Drafting big over fast hasn't worked so well.  Something for McBeane to keep in mind.

20 hours ago, twist_to_open said:

The kid plays with passion, and our defense is what we that they are. Can we just get players to compliment a strong kid who would do anything to win?

That's the whole point McD is trying to make.  This is a young team learning to grow.  We don't have all the pieces around him yet.  Right now our defense rules the roost.  In time, with experience and better players, the offense will follow suit.  Meantime, there is something to be said when your rookie QB goes into Minnesota and manhandles a Super Bowl favorite and then beats an undefeated team at home.   Stats aside,  as Al Davis said just win baby.

In his first four starts his rookie year, Roethlisberger had only one 200+ yard passing game, and threw 4 INT"s.  That was with Jerome Bettis and Duce Staley sharing the backfield, and throwing to Hines Ward and Plaxico Burress.  Safe to say that's more talent than what we have right now.  

It's just way to early to judge a player based on stats when he is learning the nuances of the NFL game.  Josh Allen is going to be a stud in this league.  Whether fans are patient enough to wait for it won't matter, because it's going to happen.

Edited by dezertbill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dezertbill said:

It's just way to early to judge a player based on stats when he is learning the nuances of the NFL game.  Josh Allen is going to be a stud in this league.  Whether fans are patient enough to wait for it won't matter, because it's going to happen. 

Really, you guarantee that will happen based on what you've seen thus far? It is entirely possible, but to emphatically state it will happen is...strange to say the least, particularly when dealing with a QB from a lower tier conference who wasn't even a stud in that lower tier conference. I'm all for being patient, and Allen may eventually turn out to be the next Big Ben, but anyone who thinks its a certainty is arriving at a conclusion not supported by the evidence to date.

• Thank you (+1) 2

23 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Imagine if TT had 82 yards passing in a win.  Would you post he is the missing piece? 

Which of the 3 years in Buffalo would you be referring to, and after many years in the league already? TT had an obvious ceiling in the passing department, but he was given 3 years to make his case as the starter. Can't pigeonhole Allen at this point so early in his starting career.

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Which of the 3 years in Buffalo would you be referring to, and after many years in the league already? TT had an obvious ceiling in the passing department, but he was given 3 years to make his case as the starter. Can't pigeonhole Allen at this point so early in his starting career.

You can't pigeonhole him.  That is fair. 

He is by no means the missing piece either at this point. 

Which was my point. 

On 10/7/2018 at 5:13 PM, John from Riverside said:

Or he what he was supposed to be.....raw....but had to play because we had nobody else....

Just because the kid plays doesnt change where he was probably going to be in his first year just because he is starting.

2 wins over impressive teams

Minnesota has been nowhere near impressive this year. Actually one of the worst defenses so far. Tennessee has a much better D and held him to under 100yds. Might as well have grabbed Tebow if that's where we are setting the bar.

8 hours ago, dezertbill said:

That's the whole point McD is trying to make.  This is a young team learning to grow.  We don't have all the pieces around him yet.  Right now our defense rules the roost.  In time, with experience and better players, the offense will follow suit.  Meantime, there is something to be said when your rookie QB goes into Minnesota and manhandles a Super Bowl favorite and then beats an undefeated team at home.   Stats aside,  as Al Davis said just win baby.

This is an old team trying to act young and most of these guys will probably be gone soon. There is no win yesterday without Shady and Ivory, and there is a good chance they won't be here. 

37 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Minnesota has been nowhere near impressive this year. Actually one of the worst defenses so far. Tennessee has a much better D and held him to under 100yds. Might as well have grabbed Tebow if that's where we are setting the bar.

This is an old team trying to act young and most of these guys will probably be gone soon. There is no win yesterday without Shady and Ivory, and there is a good chance they won't be here. 

I think both Shady and Ivory will be here and they will beef up the offensive line to help them.   JMO