Would you want to live forever?

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

I’d like to be able to go in and out of hibernation. So I could check in and out at various times, and if life seems sucky, well I’ll just go back to sleep for 5-10 years. 

Jack VanWinkle

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Great, great song (and movie, check it out if you haven't seen it).  Should be in the "Share some music" thread.

The first was good 

most of the following movies were bad

The TV Series was OK 

8 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I’d like to be able to go in and out of hibernation. So I could check in and out at various times, and if life seems sucky, well I’ll just go back to sleep for 5-10 years. 

That reminded me of this:

https://www.theonion.com/snooze-button-time-traveler-sets-coordinates-for-5-minu-1819574939

6 hours ago, Keukasmallies said:

I worked at my career for just over thirty-four years; I've been retired for just over twenty-one years.  My goal is to live in retirement for thirty-four years, one day.  After that,  meh.

That is a good goal! I wish you well! 

So far my retirement is right on track with my plan. LOLOLOLOL! I have around 10k saved in a 401k after 31 years of working. Only 300 more years to go and I can retire as a millionaire! Maybe 301 years because I still have a year left to pay on my 401k loan ?

11 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

If you play your cards right, one time is enough!

...and if you dont...do a cryogenic burial and try again?

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

On 10/5/2018 at 8:20 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Would you want to live forever? 

If yes at what age would you like to be?

Depends.  Living forever hopefully means in good almost perfect health otherwise what is the point?  

As I am now where it seems warrenty has expired and have multiple health issues?  No.

Oh the good news about living forever you would see the Bills win Superbowl eventually.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:26 PM, GoBills808 said:

Ugh. Hard pass.

Who in their right mind wants to watch everyone and everything they've ever loved or cared for crumble into the dust of distant eternity????? !@#$ing horrible idea.

Yeah that would probably be one of the worst experiences possible but I mean just living 1000 years and that's more than 10 generations. At a certain point you'll get used to it and see the world in a way normal life spanned humans can't. It also really depends on what you believe happens after because if you get reunited with everyone on the other side that's hard to say no to. Other than that it would be tempting to see where humanity ends up.

On 10/5/2018 at 5:26 PM, GoBills808 said:

Ugh. Hard pass.

Who in their right mind wants to watch everyone and everything they've ever loved or cared for crumble into the dust of distant eternity????? !@#$ing horrible idea.

Yeah, that would be a problem.  I could see it if I lived like the Hulk, always on the move, but not so much having my kids/grandkids grow old and die while I'm still 40.

It would be pretty easy to get rich without any time constraints though.  Just gotta make sure you don't end up getting a life sentence for something!  Ouch!