Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

An Allen hater will see the flaws. I saw a QB running for his life most of the time. I can imagine on the plays where Allen did have time he was jumpy. This is the flaw in starting a QB too early. He's not learning anything. It's like training a dog by constantly beating it. It only learns fear.

Im honestly not sure if a qb can be ruined or not. 

I go back and forth on it. That said, this is an EXCELLENT example of an argument for ruining.

Well said!

Anyone deciding Allens future today is a f-ing moron.  We dont know how good or bad he will be...what we DO KNOW at this EXACT moment is that he could be Great, even one of the best...or a total bust.  In other words, we dont know anything, and to pretend you know one way or the other and piss and moan about your opinion to no end is utterly pointless.

The kid has insane potential, and if he reaches it he will be one of the best in the NFL for the next 15 years.  If he doesn't, he will join the pile of insanely gifted prospects who for whatever reason never panned out in the NFL and had disappointing or failed careers.  But to decide which of those paths now is utterly STUPID.  I dont care what side of the fence you are on, to make final declarations about ANY player after 3 starts is utterly stupid.  

There were idiots calling Steve Young a bust in Tampa Bay on a putrid team.  Now he is easily top 10, and IMO top 5 QB all time after going to team with actual talent on it.  Just like how Vince Young, RG3, Culpepper, Kaepernick, Dak, etc were all the next KINGS of the NFL because of a little early success and ended up all scrubs, out of the league, or currently struggling right now (Dak).

Again, you arm chair GM's cant even play the Hindsight 20/20 game correctly because you jump on concrete conclusions on small sample sizes that often all get proven wrong as time goes on.  

This board is unbearable right now.  The lack of logic, reason and common sense around here is at an all time high.  And that is saying a LOT.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

Don't worry, if Allen busts and/or they can't build a team around him, there will be firings.

It won't have a thing to do about Mahomes.

For the record...............

I was gushing over Mahomes on BBMB, but most told me he wasn't NFL starting material. So far, he is proving to be that. But the process is still going on.

Just because Mahomes is starting out RED HOT doesn't mean that he will finish that way. It looks great now, but who knows what the future holds.

18 hours ago, Billsflyer12 said:

So we could have resigned Robert Woods in March if 2017, draft Mahomes in 2017 draft, kept Sammy, kept Glenn because we don’t need the draft pick to trade up to get Allen.

So offense with Mahomes, Shady, Watkins, Woods, Clay.  Glen and Dawkins anchoring the line, all sure sounds like something that might be ok, at least light years better then our current situation.

This also would allowed us to still draft Edmunds and save the draft pick lost for KB.  But yeah, we wouldnt have a good CB.

This.  So much this.  Those who are comparing the current supporting casts and noting the Andy Reid influence are missing the point.  The point is we could have drafted Mahomes with our regular pick, no trades.  Instead we traded multiple starters to acquire the draft capital to trade up twice for Allen, and gutted our roster in the process.  We could have drafted Mahomes without trading anything.

Edited by gtu100
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, gtu100 said:

This.  So much this.  Those who are comparing the current supporting casts and noting the Andy Reid influence are missing the point.  The point is we could have drafted Mahomes with our regular pick, no trades.  Instead we traded multiple starters to acquire the draft capital to trade up twice for Allen, and gutted our roster in the process.  We could have drafted Mahomes without trading anything.

Must be nice to see the future.   Can you tell me the next lotto numbers too?  I could use the dough

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Anyone deciding Allens future today is a f-ing moron.  We dont know how good or bad he will be...what we DO KNOW at this EXACT moment is that he could be Great, even one of the best...or a total bust.  In other words, we dont know anything, and to pretend you know one way or the other and piss and moan about your opinion to no end is utterly pointless.

The kid has insane potential, and if he reaches it he will be one of the best in the NFL for the next 15 years.  If he doesn't, he will join the pile of insanely gifted prospects who for whatever reason never panned out in the NFL and had disappointing or failed careers.  But to decide which of those paths now is utterly STUPID.  I dont care what side of the fence you are on, to make final declarations about ANY player after 3 starts is utterly stupid.  

There were idiots calling Steve Young a bust in Tampa Bay on a putrid team.  Now he is easily top 10, and IMO top 5 QB all time after going to team with actual talent on it.  Just like how Vince Young, RG3, Culpepper, Kaepernick, Dak, etc were all the next KINGS of the NFL because of a little early success and ended up all scrubs, out of the league, or currently struggling right now (Dak).

Again, you arm chair GM's cant even play the Hindsight 20/20 game correctly because you jump on concrete conclusions on small sample sizes that often all get proven wrong as time goes on.  

This board is unbearable right now.  The lack of logic, reason and common sense around here is at an all time high.  And that is saying a LOT.

Preach it reverend 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Must be nice to see the future.   Can you tell me the next lotto numbers too?  I could use the dough

I don't see how your response discredits Billsflyer's point.  Think of it like the housing market.  You can use your equity to pay cash for a house now, or you can take out a loan because you think a better house will come on the market in a year, but then you are saddled with that debt.  The debt is only worth it if you believe the second house to be far superior.  If they are even roughly equivalent, use your equity to pay cash (use your own draft pick).  It's the best analogy I could think of on the spot.

Remember, Mahomes basically sat for an entire year.

Allen does not have that luxury and he has NOTHING around him. Dawkins is probably the only keeper on the entire offensive roster, which is really bad for a young QB to learn on the  job in the NFL.

Allen is getting a HARD LESSON in the NFL right now, with ZERO talent around him and he has kinks in his game to iron out. Bad combo.

Allen will have good days and bad days, regardless of the talent around him. Mahomes had training last year and was prepared to take the top QB spot in KC this year. Will it last? Only time will tell.

The guys currently running things at OBD asked themselves which QB should start Week 1 in order to give us the best chance to win, and decided the answer was Nathan Peterman! 

What makes anyone think they have a clue about assessing QB talent?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, gtu100 said:

I don't see how your response discredits Billsflyer's point.  Think of it like the housing market.  You can use your equity to pay cash for a house now, or you can take out a loan because you think a better house will come on the market in a year, but then you are saddled with that debt.  The debt is only worth it if you believe the second house to be far superior.  If they are even roughly equivalent, use your equity to pay cash (use your own draft pick).  It's the best analogy I could think of on the spot.

Because going into the draft, Mahomes was seen as a big of project and as raw as Allen.  So to act like it was a no brainer NOW is pointless.  Not to mention, people keep saying we could have had Mahomes, Sammy, Woods, Glenn, etc.  Well the Bills CHOSE not to keep Sammy because they were never going to pay him his market price.  So to even suggest we can have Sammy here and Mahomes is factually wrong.  Same goes with Woods, who left in FA BEFORE the draft, so thats not a possible scenario either.  And Glenn was getting traded regardless too, another incorrect statement.  In fact, we would have still likely traded him to move up to still draft Edmunds...so again, pointless to pretend he would be here with Mahomes too.  REALITY is had we drafted Mahomes, this offense would still look nearly as bad as it does now because most of the same stuff would have happened, especially given some happened BEFORE the draft even took place.

So again, its a futile and pointless thing to say we could have had Mahomes and this or that, when most of the people they say we could have still had would not still be here.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

19 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Seriously how the !@#$ did we not take this guy?

This guy is !@#$ing sensational and might be the best quarterback in the league for YEARS to come.

Not taking him is absolutely inexcusable and someone needs to be fired for this epic mistake. 

ok, you're fired.