Who was the last TRUE #1 WR for the Bills?

BigDingus

5 hours ago, downunderbill said:

I think Sammy Watkins was the last that had #1 receiver talent but seemed to be injured a lot, Stevie consistently put up the numbers but when I think Stevie I think playoff chance ending drop in the end zone but I think for me Lee Evans maybe but Eric Moulds definately.

Stevie was more of a number 1 than Evans was. 

Stevie was our last number 1. Revis always covered the number 1 WR and somehow, Stevie had his number. 

11 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Stevie was more of a number 1 than Evans was. 

Stevie was our last number 1. Revis always covered the number 1 WR and somehow, Stevie had his number. 

He covered him by default.  Just because he was the #1 on the Bills, doesn't mean he was anywhere else.  Stevie came up real small in some big spots.

5 hours ago, downunderbill said:

I think Sammy Watkins was the last that had #1 receiver talent but seemed to be injured a lot, Stevie consistently put up the numbers but when I think Stevie I think playoff chance ending drop in the end zone but I think for me Lee Evans maybe but Eric Moulds definately.

If you're talking about Stevie's egregious endzone drop in OT against the Steelers, the Bills were 2-8 at that point and as far from the playoffs as you could possibly imagine. 

I was out of town when Owens was with the Bills.  I know he was injured during his year here, why did they not sign him past his one year?  I always liked him.  Even with his antics here in Philadelphia.  Someone needed to call out McNabb and his passive aggressive ways.  The guy was clean off the field, a little eccentric yes, but that's why the coaches and front office people are paid big $, to make the puzzle pieces fit.  

I thought he was going to be a good addition for the team and bring some national attention to the Bills.   

1 hour ago, downunderbill said:

I didn't fact check, I went off memory which clearly is on the slide. For some reason I remembered it as an important game.

It was the year we started out 0-8. Fitz came in after week 2 and actually could lead a competent passing game. We finished out second half of season at 4-4