The Pats! - piece reads like a Bills postmortem written by the better posters here

dave mcbride

Enjoy their suffering while you can! This is great: https://www.patspulpit.com/2018/9/24/17896876/chief-thoughts-analyzing-new-england-patriots-week-3-loss-detroit-lions-matt-patricia-tom-brady

"RECEIVER WOES: You never want to feel that a season’s success hinges on a alcoholic drug addict and a 32-year old coming back from a season-ending injury and a performance enhancing drug bust. But that is exactly what the case may be."

Edited by dave mcbride

Love to hear NE* fans and media whine.  However, they have a way of bouncing back.  They have owned the Bills for a decade plus and until the Bills take matters into their own hands and win both games against them in a year it will be hard to undo this disgusting history.  The Bills remain an enigma, are they the team that blew out the Vikes or are they the team that got trampled the first two games.  The answer is probably not really either.  This will have to sort itself out and the path to respect goes through the Patsies*.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Haslett_Stomp said:

I said the same things about them a couple years ago when the Chiefs beat them badly in the 2nd or 3rd game of the season.  

Oh I fully realize they've been counted out before, and maybe they will bounce back again, but their team speed is mediocre.

I think all the comments in that article were valid.  The Pats D seems big but slow.  The Lions RBs were too quick for them, and too fast for them to the outside.  And, that rookie LG of the Lions was a beast.  Was the LG that good or were the Pats' DTs that bad?  Time will tell.  

Unless Edelman fell apart completely since last season (maybe no PEDs will do that) he'll still be on the same page as Brady, and will still find holes in zones all game long.  One more good WR, whoever it is, and the Pats will be back in business.

It still all comes down to Brady.  Honestly I can't see any drop off in his play. That TD pass last night was perfect, and he still sees the whole field and knows what to do.  (Granted he missed one pass high.)  Give him some targets and it will be like old times, unfortunately.

• Like (+1) 1