The Rosen Era Has Begun in Arizona

26CornerBlitz

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Watching that video made me sick; he could have and should have been a Bill.

6 hours ago, bills11 said:

Some of those throws were spectacular...

He looked like a Rookie to me. A talented one, sure, but plenty of really dumb throws that could easily have been picked off, and then yes, a few really good throws.

On 9/25/2018 at 10:20 PM, MarlinTheMagician said:

Rosen is complete trash.  Every time I look at his lemon-sucking face I want Zo to pile drive his boney shoulder into the turf.  Dumpster fire.  Can't believe anyone wanted that jerk - a blind squirrel would know that Rosen ain't the nut.

When people have to keep mentioning a face when they want to insult a guy, he obviously hasn't showed a lot of weaknesses. If anything that's a good sign for that QB. People are reaching and showing the main reason they don't like him is just that ... they don't happen to like him.

As for your guess about Rosen's future, that's what it is, a guess. You could be right. Or just as easily wrong.

Once Darnold and Mayfield were gone, I wanted Rosen over Allen though his concerns over Rosen's injuries were very reasonable. That's still my best guess, though I think Allen has a decent chance at proving me wrong.

In any case Rosen sure looked good in that one game, though one game is way early to draw a conclusion either way. As is three games, really.

13 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Going to be interesting to see how Rosen does today. 

His o line has played worse than the Bills (according to PFF I believe they are rated as the worst in the NFL through 3 weeks) and outside of 1 guy they don’t have much at WR. Their defense is playing terrible too. 

Yup. And I'd argue the Bills have a much more threatening run game than the Cards as well, though neither team has started well running the ball. McCoy commands a lot more respect than either of the Cards RBs.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

Passing on Mahomes was bad.  Allen instead of Rosen, now that's just Billsy.

This franchise continues to be a joke.

That is a Super Bowl contender around him. They were before he started a game. Why can't people understand. 

Plus sitting a year does make a difference. 

There is a development period for QB's. I wouldn't even begin to judge this year's class until next season 

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Who cares how well he did or didn't play. What matters is the look on his face. ;)

Yep, he's a nerd. Yep, he has a very punchable face. Still, all things considered, I saw him as the most promising pro QB prospect in the class (for however little that was worth). Couldn't believe our luck when he fell to us. I remember the call from the podium "Josh..." I start jumping up and down and then "...huh". He's not at all a great athlete but he's a good athlete. He won't beat you with his legs but he is plenty mobile enuf to move in and around the pocket the way the Matt Ryan's of the world do. He's football smart (and probably in other ways too). I don't think he will wind up in a wheelchair. He's actually pretty big and will likely bulk up a bit and get stronger. He's as good as Baker as a natural passer. He's a very good prospect and I think he will get better.

If memory serves I believe you were high on him too. 

IMO Josh too was legit as a high first round pick so we've got our guy. Looks like the Cards would have taken him ahead of Rosen as well. It will be interesting to see how it will all pan out.

26 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Yep, he's a nerd. Yep, he has a very punchable face. Still, all things considered, I saw him as the most promising pro QB prospect in the class (for however little that was worth). Couldn't believe our luck when he fell to us. I remember the call from the podium "Josh..." I start jumping up and down and then "...huh". He's not at all a great athlete but he's a good athlete. He won't beat you with his legs but he is plenty mobile enuf to move in and around the pocket the way the Matt Ryan's of the world do. He's football smart (and probably in other ways too). I don't think he will wind up in a wheelchair. He's actually pretty big and will likely bulk up a bit and get stronger. He's as good as Baker as a natural passer. He's a very good prospect and I think he will get better.

If memory serves I believe you were high on him too. 

IMO Josh too was legit as a high first round pick so we've got our guy. Looks like the Cards would have taken him ahead of Rosen as well. It will be interesting to see how it will all pan out.

Yep. That's the guy I would have chosen and here's another example of why.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Success said:

e did look great - but the time he had on some plays was such a luxury.    

Obviously, it’s way to early for a verdict.  I still think we’re going to be happy we got Allen.  

You get added time on plays by making a few plays early and forcing the D to be honest.

Allen has to identify the D at the LOS find the hot read and deliver otherwise he will see 8 in the box blitz  over and over again. No QB is going to have time to throw if they can't create it with good throws in the face of pressure

I do hope Allen gets it but as of now all we are seeing is everything we feared.

Edited by ddaryl

I was all on the Rosen train come draft day, but gimme a break.  Way too early to anoint Rosen and call Allen a bust.  I mean geez, it took until yesterday for me to see anything good out of Trubisky and he's played how many games?

5 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

You get added time on plays by making a few plays early and forcing the D to be honest.

Allen has to identify the D at the LOS find the hot read and deliver otherwise he will see 8 in the box blitz  over and over again. No QB is going to have time to throw if they can't create it with good throws in the face of pressure

I do hope Allen gets it but as of now all we are seeing is everything we feared.

Gotta be.honest - I’m seeing about what I expected so far.  If anything, a little better.

Allen made huge plays last week to win a game on the road against a super bowl contender.  He made some bad mistakes and looked flat yesterday against another contender. Who didn’t expect a rookie to have ups and downs?

And I know what you’re saying about a QB setting the tone early, but it ignores the sieve that is pretending to be our o line.  Rosen wouldn’t have made it through our game yesterday.