[Name Only Title] Jerry Hughes........

Protocal69

Great quote from Hughes here (pay, but free trial:)

https://theathletic.com/543904/2018/09/24/ive-got-the-juices-josh-allen-stuns-his-teammates-in-upset-win-over-the-vikings/

“It’s a great feeling when teams have that strong right tackle [like Riley Reiff] like they had today and they’re confident in him,” Hughes said. “It’s great to actually get a one-on-one matchup and not have to worry about the back chipping you and banging up your ribs and stuff like that. It’s a lot of fun. Makes the game a lot more enjoyable.”

So there you have it.  Jerry Hughes enjoyed his game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I thought this might be his last season with us but if he continues to play the way he is right now....we need him.  He plays intense and I love that.

He is on about a $10 mil cap hit next year but I agree they should keep him.., particularly if he can keep playing like yesterday.. 

He will only be 31 which is not ancient, and in the last year of his contract so I think he will be looking to impress next year for his last deal..

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Great quote from Hughes here (pay, but free trial:)

https://theathletic.com/543904/2018/09/24/ive-got-the-juices-josh-allen-stuns-his-teammates-in-upset-win-over-the-vikings/

“It’s a great feeling when teams have that strong right tackle [like Riley Reiff] like they had today and they’re confident in him,” Hughes said. “It’s great to actually get a one-on-one matchup and not have to worry about the back chipping you and banging up your ribs and stuff like that. It’s a lot of fun. Makes the game a lot more enjoyable.”

So there you have it.  Jerry Hughes enjoyed his game.

Jerry and I have something in common, I enjoyed the hell out of his game too!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, poblano said:

Also the level of QB, last week Rivers was almost equally pressured, but he find quickly the holes in zones specially in the first half.

Um, I Don't Think So.  Our pass rush was MIA (don't mean in Miami, though that would explain a lot actually) during the first half when the Chargers hung 28 on us.

During the second half when the front 7 showed up, he found holes to the tune of what, 3 points?

• 4 weeks later...