Allen is a budding superstar

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

That leap over the linebacker might have been inspirational.....but I dont ever want to see it again.

Its a long season Josh

A voice of reason. How mature and refreshing!!!

Edited by Augie

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

That leap over the linebacker might have been inspirational.....but I dont ever want to see it again.

Its a long season Josh

....exactly......self preservation is the key for the long haul.......I'd bet his gameness and moxy certainly inspired his teammates and earned some instant respect in the huddle...BUT....Josh's "package" is > Joe's "package"....move forward......

• Like (+1) 1

I thought he looked strong when he dragged Ingram for several yards on his back and was still able to get a throw off (albeit ill-advised) with the LB draped all over him and that horse collar by Barr showed it again. The kid is Big Ben with mobility and running ability. Very impressive. Lonely day for Barr in that film room. 

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I thought he looked strong when he dragged Ingram for several yards on his back and was still able to get a throw off (albeit ill-advised) with the LB draped all over him and that horse collar by Barr showed it again. The kid is Big Ben with mobility and running ability. Very impressive. Lonely day for Barr in that film room. 

Lol atleast Barr was trying where was the other ten players on that defense.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/23/2018 at 4:48 PM, BobChalmers said:

My problem with this is the implication that most draft experts didn't like Allen - that's simply not true. 

Lots of draftniks loved him - Mayock and Kiper were both big fans.  Some even had him going #1 overall to Cleveland.  

On 9/23/2018 at 4:48 PM, Jerome007 said:

I recall many "experts" putting him among the top picks. Some even at #1. And most placed him with the Top 5 QBs to go. It's a few that said "project" and "bust" that the gloom'n'doom posters hatched on.

I live outside of Buffalo and something really weird happened...

everyone inside of Buffalo it seemed had a much lower expectation of Josh Allen than the rest of the nation did.

I know I was quite shocked looking at the message board after the draft and seeing the negativety

I actually came up with a theory that your sports media personnel (howard simon?) stated too much negativity and this turned into a psychological case study of sorts, where he or others actually changed the thinking in Buffalo on this guy Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, DrDare said:

I live outside of Buffalo and something really weird happened...

everyone inside of Buffalo it seemed had a much lower expectation of Josh Allen than the rest of the nation did.

I know I was quite shocked looking at the message board after the draft and seeing the negativety

I actually came up with a theory that your sports media personnel (howard simon?) stated too much negativity and this turned into a psychological case study of sorts, where he or others actually changed the thinking in Buffalo on this guy Josh Allen.

Lot of people are bitter because their guy wasn't the pick  Each year this board would implode after the Bills didn't pick a qb .  Its the same every year  Then in the off season its the lamentation of how we passed on someone who did pan out.

199.jpg

Buffalo will look like a more desirable destination for free-agent WRs!

Edit: I was one of the posters who wanted to see Peterman get the 1st game start.  I'll say, simply, I was wrong!  Allen is clearly the best guy for the starting job.  I still think Peterman can become a good backup, but he has to prove it when it counts.  The TD against the Colts last year was great, but he has to play better and more consistently in games that matter to become starter material.  I don't want to write him off yet and still think he can develop his game - he's a young guy, too.  But, results matter.  Tough league.  Go Allen!!

Edited by ChasBB

On 9/23/2018 at 1:36 PM, BarleyNY said:

Really happy with his performance and I’ll say the same of Allen that I did of Mayfield. Lots to like but still some concerns. It's early but the early returns are looking good.

But actually though - can we just be patient with one thing and not start the messiah conversation yet? I'm as excited as the next guy, and think he's been playing well, especially for a rookie that needs development. But considering it's only his third game and teams haven't had enough tape to really prepare for him, I'll be more willing to jump into the "superstar" moniker when it actually happens...

Let's give it a few more weeks, at least, but color me hopeful - the most I've been in 18 years.

Edited by ctk232