Are Mcdermott and Beane the worst group to run the bills since pollian ?

21 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

If you Factor in the descion to pass on Mahomes , the current state of the roster, the fact that they made a major investment in Allen , who is far from a sure thing, the jettisone of any player whith the slightest quirk in his personality this is the wost group to run the organization since Pollian took over.  

Beane did not pass on Mahomes..Whaley was still the GM. 

Allen or Rosen...Draft is a crapshoot...At least they are trying!

To answer...NO...There have been much worse HC/GM...For example, we had Marv who had no clue...He spent so lavishly on average OL.  Had No QB!

4 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Beane did not pass on Mahomes..Whaley was still the GM. 

As everyone knows, McCoach called the shots during that draft - not Whaley.  Beane had not yet been hired, but McCoach made the decision to pass on Mahomes.

We shall see whether that was a good decision.  So far, I would say that it was not . . . especially given everything that McBeane did subsequent to this to even be in a position to draft Josh.

16 minutes ago, Peter said:

As everyone knows, McCoach called the shots during that draft - not Whaley.  Beane had not yet been hired, but McCoach made the decision to pass on Mahomes.

We shall see whether that was a good decision.  So far, I would say that it was not . . . especially given everything that McBeane did subsequent to this to even be in a position to draft Josh.

Mahommes would have struggled behind this Line.

On 9/20/2018 at 3:53 PM, baskingridgebillsfan said:

If you Factor in the descion to pass on Mahomes , the current state of the roster, the fact that they made a major investment in Allen , who is far from a sure thing, the jettisone of any player whith the slightest quirk in his personality this is the wost group to run the organization since Pollian took over.  

I'm getting really tired of having to point out that BEANE WASNT HERE FOR THE 2017 DRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, CLTbills said:

I'm getting really tired of having to point out that BEANE WASNT HERE FOR THE 2017 DRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...ask yourself this......who were the gang of misfits, unqualfieds, round pegs in square holes, "over the hill" crustaceans who because they were "re-tired" could lead us into the promised land?....looks like a re-make of Larry Storch and "F Troop".....just concluded McBeane's FIRST draft and second off season with McD.....of course the cap clean up hurt but there was a need to get rid of the dead wood although I would not have moved so quickly on Glenn.....BUT it's done......I also question the need to rush and dump AJ for a "coveted 5th" despite the lucrative nature of who will be available(COUGH).....sure his last start post injury yielded expected ring rust and he rebounded in the 4th...BUT...were we really ALL SET at QB with Josh & Peterman?......hmmm.....the cap clean up left limited dollars to sign average or less players to hopefully remain competitive.....plenty of other threads talking aout the complexity of Castillo and Daboll schemes.....so with this marginal  talent does it make an ounce of sense?.....add in I have ZERO confidence in Frazier's ability to craft a defensive scheme and adjust or counter punch.....hell even Playskool taught ME that "round pegs don't fit in square holes"......

No

21 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

He said he needs something, but I do not know what Abfuhrmittel is. Probably a prostate exam. 

That had me laughing .

19 hours ago, K-9 said:

Let me know when we enter Bob Lustig territory. Until then, this is all gravy. 

who is Bob Lustig ?

btw I am a Bandwagon Fan...

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I get the impression that Beane is mostly a build-thru-the-draft kind of guy.  I expect he'll overpay for one or two FAs - like most GMs do.  When you want something bad enough, you have to be the high bidder.  

But I think he's going to focus on undervalued players and "B" players who can be signed affordably and not "A" players who will demand record-setting contracts.  

$80,000,000 just doesn't go as far as it used to.  

nice post. I get the same vibe.
last sentence was hilarious , even if true : )

18 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

again you should google /  not much backwoods in the entite state of New jersey by the way.  fairly progressive state 

has a lot of swamps and swampy land though , being at such a low elevation above sea level I suppose.

Without the GM in place, McD was not going to risk equity of draft picks on something he knew his GM was going to pick.

its simple. Some folks have trouble with the Process. But it is right in front of us all.

Like it or do not.

48 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

That had me laughing .

who is Bob Lustig ?

btw I am a Bandwagon Fan...

He was with the Bills from their inception through the late 70s in a variety of roles, including being named GM in '67. Him and coach Harvey Johnson oversaw a cluster-F of football along the way and established a record of ineptitude unsurpassed since. And that's saying something when you consider the sheer amount of ineptitude by OTHER football administrations over the years. 

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

He was with the Bills from their inception through the late 70s in a variety of roles, including being named GM in '67. Him and coach Harvey Johnson oversaw a cluster-F of football along the way and established a record of ineptitude unsurpassed since. And that's saying something when you consider the sheer amount of ineptitude by OTHER football administrations over the years. 

Thank you !
  I always felt the Bills and Bills Fans have been a suffering bunch.
 You sharing a bit of History with us less experienced, and or younger folks is appreciated.

seems we are just cursed after all.

Go Bills !!

On 9/20/2018 at 2:53 PM, baskingridgebillsfan said:

WOW you must lead a very sheltered existence if you think these guys are the worst Duo the Bills have had since back then & then if you think Pollian was bad i don't have any words for that !! ?

Nice thread.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/20/2018 at 2:33 PM, Búfalo Blanco said:

Go back and see how free agency played out... What bridge QBs were available at a decent price while also saving on the bloated cap they inherited..? Case Keenum? 2 years at 36 million with Denver. Yeah, that’ll help the horrible cap situation. You tell me, Mr. GM... BTW, those QBs would also have to WANT to play here, knowing they’d likely be replaced in a year by the young 1st round prospect. 

Keenum isn't a bridge qb, as far as Denver is concerned. Elway is protecting his legacy.