Official TNF Thread: Bungles vs Ravens

Jauronimo

13 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I also hate the spot foul.

This is tough. If it was only 15 yards and automatic first down then any DB would just tackle a guy if he was beat. You would have to have two types. Intentional and incidental. Incidental is 15 and automatic first down. Intentional is spot foul and automatic first down. But then it adds more subjectivity to the referees, I believe we actually want to do the opposite. It’s already hard enough to officiate a fair NFL game with all their subjective penalties. 

Edited by Bills2ref

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought Allen did? It worked 

Maybe. Can’t remember.  But in competitive games, all too often on 3rd and 12+ they throw a simple dump off or run a draw or something. Just chuck it down the field and try to get a call. 

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Maybe. Can’t remember.  But in competitive games, all too often on 3rd and 12+ they throw a simple dump off or run a draw or something. Just chuck it down the field and try to get a call. 

That was TT. He did it again on Sunday vs the Steelers , actually. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

In the first half against the Ravens we ran a draw on 3rd and 17 but there was a false start. We ran the same play on 3rd and 22 even though the Ravens saw our play. I guess we thought "they'll never suspect we would run a draw after they saw us run a draw!"

9 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Just got out of school and saw the score.  I prefer the Bengals win but at the same time if the Ravens are legit I might feel slightly less worse about last week.  

I cringe when when we have to play the Pats

This thread is for tough guys, ultimate fighters, people serving life in prison, and stone cold murderers.  Take all your fuzzy little feelings and your insecurities, stuff them in your purse, and bring them to another thread.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I also hate the spot foul.

I think the possibility of a spot foul is necessary, if it was a 15 yard penalty defenders would do a lot more intentional fouling on big throws down the field if they know they got beat. Overall I would like to see more digression given to the refs to call it a 15 yard or spot foul penalty given the nature of the play. 

• Like (+1) 1