Just remember this team finished very strong after getting humiliated in 3 straight games last yr

JerseyBills

I understand things aren't looking too good , to say the least but a win Sunday, and the whole tone of the season changes. 

Just last year , after 3 straight blowout losses , this team never quit like so many do in that situation . They walk into a desperate KC teams stadium and hush the Arrowhead crowd.,go on to finish 4-2 and sneak into the playoffs. 

I think this coaching staff is excellent but simply had an awful day at the office but this can be a good thing and learning experience for the players and coaches , who got a harsh reality check last week. 

Adjustments will be made, and I have faith in this staff and team as just last year they bounced back after those 3 games , with a very similar narrative. 

Team was 6-2 at home. 

If Allen looks good, the D rebounds and we win , this board will be singing a completely different tune. There's still plenty room for optimism despite local and national opinions and nearly every post on here. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 5

I’d love to share you’re optimism, but we had a different line, for his faults, a different QB, and as a result, makes me cynical until I see otherwise.

The part that is so frustratingly this defense who you think would’ve been better this year looked terrible last week.  I don’t buy it was such an incredible offense for the Ravens.

Do you know in the BILLS last 11 games the team is 4-7  and in there loses they lost by a average margin of defeat of 24.6 points per game

If you take out the jags game it would balloon up to 27.5 points per game.

Here are a list of there loses since week 9

21-34 L (-13) week 9

10-47 L (-37) week 10

24-54 L (-30) week 11

3-23 L (-20)   week13

16-37 L (-21)  week 16

3-10 L  (-7)   wild card

3-47 L (-44) week 1 (2018) 

So we have games where the defense gave up 34,47,54,23,37,47   Let that sink in for a sec!

Im not going to even talk about the offense scores during that stretch as well. You can see for yourself

Edited by Protocal69
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I happen to think that the Bills will be competitive this week. They won’t roll over after that embarrassment. With that being said they aren’t going to win a lot.

They hopefully won’t look that bad at the home opener. Chargers smell blood in the water.

I've been good about not over reacting after Sundays loss. We've seen this many times before. If we win Sunday, half the posts here will be about how Allen is the next Brady and we're gonna win 10 games this year. It's just how it goes. We win, we're awesome, we lose and we're the worst in the NFL 

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, row_33 said:

They hopefully won’t look that bad at the home opener. Chargers smell blood in the water.

Chargers also lost and had their own issues (admittedly not as profound), so maybe, maybe not.

53 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Do you know in the BILLS last 11 games the team is 4-7  and in there loses they lost by a average margin of defeat of 24.6 points per game

If you take out the jags game it would balloon up to 27.5 points per game.

Here are a list of there loses since week 9

21-34 L (-13) week 9

10-47 L (-37) week 10

24-54 L (-30) week 11

3-23 L (-20)   week13

16-37 L (-21)  week 16

3-10 L  (-7)   wild card

3-47 L (-44) week 1 (2018) 

So we have games where the defense gave up 34,47,54,23,37,47   Let that sink in for a sec!

Im not going to even talk about the offense scores during that stretch as well. You can see for yourself

While admittedly you could say the OP is cherry picking, you are cherry picking even more ridiculously. If you're taking out the Jacksonville game, then I'm taking out the Patriots games -- besides, in one of those games, the Pats actually scored fewer points than their 2018 average. And then, there you have it, the "illuminating claim" that the Bills played poorly in the 3-game stretch and last week, which is part of the original point. 

9 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I've been good about not over reacting after Sundays loss. We've seen this many times before. If we win Sunday, half the posts here will be about how Allen is the next Brady and we're gonna win 10 games this year. It's just how it goes. We win, we're awesome, we lose and we're the worst in the NFL 

Yep. It''s called not letting one's emotions cloud their judgement. There are too many Chicken Little's, Negative Nancy's, Bandwagon Hoppers, and What Have You done Lately Walleys on the Forum. They may seem either impatient, not open minded, or overreact to everything as they love negativity or complaining. They probably are disciples of Coach Dickerson and Sully.

Let's instead enjoy the Roller coaster, and at years end then analyze the good, the bad, the ugly, and any great. The NFL is not based on one game. And the Process cannot be fixed over night. This year more focus was on trimming and dealing with the remaining fat, getting hopefully our next franchise qb, improving a little the D, and  next year hopefully its O line, receivers and winning time.