Scott Van Pelt on ESPN

8 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Should be interesting to see the Bills Power Ranking for this week...

Same as last weeks unless they include CFL and college teams in. Maybe even other sports teams, Could the current Yankees team beat the Bill's in a football game?

They were overtaken by the Jets last week when the Bill's tradsd AJ and announced Peterman would start

7 minutes ago, stony said:

Ryen Russillo wasn't fired, and still works part time for ESPN.  

Didn't he get fired last year for getting drunk and naked?  Shows how much I know about ESPN now.  Even though they're in my backyard.

Russillo and Simmons have been my favourite podcasters for years and Van Pelt stops by on occasion with the same type of overall view of sports.

Russillo just worked out a deal with Simmons and to remain with ESPN

when you are the best....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

Didn't he get fired last year for getting drunk and naked?  Shows how much I know about ESPN now.  Even though they're in my backyard.

Ha, I forgot about that.  But that was just a trip to the naughty step.  He left on good terms and is writing a TV pilot and doing a podcast w The Ringer. 

16 minutes ago, stony said:

Ha, I forgot about that.  But that was just a trip to the naughty step.  He left on good terms and is writing a TV pilot and doing a podcast w The Ringer. 

he's too good to keep in the doghouse

Can anyone really not argue we were the worst team that played yesterday??? I mean it was a high school performance.  Obviously, it’s a long season and things can change.  But as many fans have said all offseason, it is the least talented offense in the nfl.  It’s going to be hard to win with that group.

10 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Just said that we’re the worst team in the NFL. But he also said “there is some good news Billsmafia, you all like to drink. And break stuff. And light stuff on fire”.....

Does anyone care what some ESPN blow hard has to say anymore.

10 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I find Scott Van Pelt incredibly creepy in terms of his physical appearance.

ESPN's concept of marketing these guys as celebrities drawing viewers through their schticks as entertainers is also stupid and highly outdated.

There are many better ways to find out the score of a game, a highlight of a game, etc., than watching someone try to entertain me on a TV screen, like it's still 1983.

You sound like a peladophile. As a member of the bald community, I take offense to your clear favoritism toward haired people.? (that's my likeness)

54 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Can anyone really not argue we were the worst team that played yesterday??? I mean it was a high school performance.  Obviously, it’s a long season and things can change.  But as many fans have said all offseason, it is the least talented offense in the nfl.  It’s going to be hard to win with that group.

No argument there.  But they also looked like that against the Chargers last year.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

No argument there.  But they also looked like that against the Chargers last year.

That’s fair.  But they actually somewhat moved the ball that day.  That was the worst Bills game I can remember.  It made me long for the days of 6-3 games against the Browns.

7 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Van Pelt is kind of an expert on worst in the league type of things.  The company he works for is the worst in their league, and the show he hosts is abysmal.  Glass house there Scott.

Not even close to being true.

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

My opinion, but outside of shows like E:60 I think ESPN's network schedule of two to three guys yelling at one another is dribble.

You dont have massive layoffs by being the best at what you do. 

Objectively speaking, SVP is not one of those guys yelling at each other.  

Massive layoffs were in part due to rising (one can argue ESPN overpaid) broadcast rights and changing TV viewership habits.  Not Scott Van Pelt.   

32 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

My opinion, but outside of shows like E:60 I think ESPN's network schedule of two to three guys yelling at one another is dribble.

You dont have massive layoffs by being the best at what you do. 

Compared to their competition, there is no competition, so I was pointing out the error.

He is not wrong. Go look at team stats for week 1. The only categories that we are not dead last in for offense are third downs made/attempted/percentage, penalties, and time of possession (we are second to last). We averaged 2.5 yards per play. The Eagles, which were second to last, averaged 3.6 yards per play. We are the worst team in the league by a wide margin at this point. And Baltimore wasn't even a top ten team. Just imagine what Rivers is going to do next week, or even what Rodgers is going to do in Week 4. Might see some records broken during those games. 

12 hours ago, arcane said:

I don't post here much, but I have to say that when you're not spamming links that crash mobile browsers of people trying to scroll through threads, your posts have little substance and are often quite rude/bitter.

I like his posts and have no issues on my phone.