Every Josh Allen Throw Vs. Ravens

Prickly Pete

9 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Foster beat his man, as he has done consistently. If the ball to him is well thrown, it’s likely a TD.

You are right.  The placement could have been a little better but he did at least get the ball there.  I have seen receiver make catches like that before.  I guess what I'm saying is at least he gave him a chance.  Another foot in front of him would have been perfect.

snapshot.jpg

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It was somewhat of an unusual situation. He was actually playing well and then he got hurt. Missed most if not all of his second last year. The guy that replaced him because he was hurt was Calvin Ridley. Then last year, they played a QB that couldn't throw a ball, he didn't play much and Ridley was a #1 pick.  

He caught 3 balls in the National Championship game. I don’t recall if all the passes were from Tua.

Throw #1: Incomplete to Zay Jones - should have been called pass interference (0-1)

Throw #2: Rushed out of pocket after getting out of a sure sack, throwaway (0-2)

Throw #3: 14 yards complete to Andre Holmes. Good protection, good job by Allen to make multiple reads. (1-3, 14 yards)

Throw #4: Perfect pass across the middle in the back of the end zone to Benjamin for a would-be touchdown, flat out dropped by KB (1-4, 14 yards)

Throw #5: Quick check down to Murphy, drop (1-5, 14 yards)

Throw #6: Throw away (had plenty of time, probably could have given someone a chance to make a play) - (1-6, 14 yards)

Throw #7a: Throws a bullet across the middle on 3rd and 10, complete to Kerley for 15 yards...however, called back for holding (1-6, 14 yards)

Throw #7b: 24 yard completion on 3rd and 18 to LThomas. Made multiple reads, found a nice pocket, nice throw (2-7, 38 yards)

Throw #8: Incomplete to LThomas. A little high (15 yards across the middle) but went through Thomas' hands (2-8, 38 yards)

Throw #9: Deep pass incomplete down the left sideline to Foster. An NFL receiver makes the play more often than not - but Foster isn't an NFL receiver (2-9, 38 yards)

Throw #10: Threw a solid pass while about to get hit, incomplete. Gave Kerley a chance to make a play with pressure in his face but good play by the defensive back. (2-10, 38 yards)

Throw #11: Sideline pass complete to Zay Jones for 10 yards and a first down (3-11, 48 yards)

Throw #12: Easy pitch and catch to a crossing Jason Croom for 10 yards (4-12, 58 yards)

Throw #13: Nice 14-yard throw to Zay Jones on the run rolling right (5-13, 72 yards)

Throw #14: Deep throw toward the left side of the end zone to lala land (5-14, 72 yards)

Overall, showed some good things, tons of potential but still a rookie we all must be patient with.

• Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

You are right.  The placement could have been a little better but he did at least get the ball there.  I have seen receiver make catches like that before.  I guess what I'm saying is at least he gave him a chance.  Another foot in front of him would have been perfect.

snapshot.jpg

If that screen shot picture is intended to demonstrate that Foster should have caught that ball, it’s misleading.

Just now, Sky Diver said:

If that screen shot picture is intended to demonstrate that Foster should have caught that ball, it’s misleading.

Dude read it.  The screen shot just illustrates what I said.  I never said he SHOULD have caught the ball.  I just said at least the throw got there.  It would have been a hard catch.

Just now, GreggTX said:

This one wasn't Allen's fault and neither was the inability to block up front, but Allen's accuracy was not good. His placement was often poor. I hope he can correct that and a little protection as well as someone to throw to would be helpful. Even if it comes together for the rookie, he can't do it alone.

Be specific. Which of his 14 or 15 throws today had bad placement?

• Like (+1) 1

The defender is in the worst position possible. Not even close to looking at the ball. You couldn't ask for a better opportunity as a wide receiver. Reach out and catch the damn ball.

9 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I hope you realize you are losing credibility with each post...but hey, I’m just lookin’ out for you. ?

I’m embarrassed for him.     

Today was irrefutable evidence that Peterman is hot garbage.      Wouldn’t be surprised if he never takes another snap as an NFL qb.  

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I’m embarrassed for him.     

Today was irrefutable evidence that Peterman is hot garbage.      Wouldn’t be surprised if he never takes another snap as an NFL qb.  

Hopefully McDermott got the message and his lil man ego can handle it

15 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Peterman guy is angry.     Chooses to double down instead of hide.      Bold move 

Dropped first Down

Nate  high-points Benjamin for a big gain and a first down. He's Got it!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WXZ2JPgpnEUPGe9n9

Oh wait, no he doesn't:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jx1PLpk9ZCE2sUsg9

Pick #1

Same thing again on the first pick. Nate sees KB and throws a touch pass downt he field to his 6'5 WR who will definitely jump up to catch the ball that's in the air the whole time he's crossing the field.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/f8YHy9u8p829FivA8

Oh wait, no he doesn't
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Fq15qXSARn2AK1Eh7

Pick #2

Surely a slant route will allow my 6'5 WR to use his size to position himself against far smaller secondary personnel to catch this ball right in his breadbasket

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hJSu5hJyRpXrjkj19

Hmm that's weird. KB doesn't wall off a guy he's got 5 inches and 30 LBs on. That's fine. I'm sure he'll contest the pass.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xdmJPY16WUFvMpAS8

Oh KB, you sly dog. You did it again. You had me fooled that time.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/muTWpXop79RkyQ1n8

Summary

In a league of contested passes and needing to use every advantage you have in speed, size and timing, KB uses his advantages about the same way Tyler Myers did when he was here. He plays like a guy half his size with 1/4 the effort. if I wanted to put in the effort I could find another few that were every bit as bad, but I know this post will get no critical thought from any detractors anyway.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The defender is in the worst position possible. Not even close to looking at the ball. You couldn't ask for a better opportunity as a wide receiver. Reach out and catch the damn ball.

11 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Throw #1: Incomplete to Zay Jones - should have been called pass interference (0-1)

Throw #2: Rushed out of pocket after getting out of a sure sack, throwaway (0-2)

Throw #3: 14 yards complete to Andre Holmes. Good protection, good job by Allen to make multiple reads. (1-3, 14 yards)

Throw #4: Perfect pass across the middle in the back of the end zone to Benjamin for a would-be touchdown, flat out dropped by KB (1-4, 14 yards)

Throw #5: Quick check down to Murphy, drop (1-5, 14 yards)

Throw #6: Throw away (had plenty of time, probably could have given someone a chance to make a play) - (1-6, 14 yards)

Throw #7a: Throws a bullet across the middle on 3rd and 10, complete to Kerley for 15 yards...however, called back for holding (1-6, 14 yards)

Throw #7b: 24 yard completion on 3rd and 18 to LThomas. Made multiple reads, found a nice pocket, nice throw (2-7, 38 yards)

Throw #8: Incomplete to LThomas. A little high (15 yards across the middle) but went through Thomas' hands (2-8, 38 yards)

Throw #9: Deep pass incomplete down the left sideline to Foster. An NFL receiver makes the play more often than not - but Foster isn't an NFL receiver (2-9, 38 yards)

Throw #10: Threw a solid pass while about to get hit, incomplete. Gave Kerley a chance to make a play with pressure in his face but good play by the defensive back. (2-10, 38 yards)

Throw #11: Sideline pass complete to Zay Jones for 10 yards and a first down (3-11, 48 yards)

Throw #12: Easy pitch and catch to a crossing Jason Croom for 10 yards (4-12, 58 yards)

Throw #13: Nice 14-yard throw to Zay Jones on the run rolling right (5-13, 72 yards)

Throw #14: Deep throw toward the left side of the end zone to lala land (5-14, 72 yards)

Overall, showed some good things, tons of potential but still a rookie we all must be patient with.

Getting away from Suggs like that was pretty cool.  When WR's aren't getting open the first place I blame is the OC (not always the case but it's my go to).  Next what ever happened to killer screen games.  Gailey used to destroy teams with the screen game and I feel like Shady could do that just as well as Spiller used to.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Dropped first Down

Nate  high-points Benjamin for a big gain and a first down. He's Got it!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WXZ2JPgpnEUPGe9n9

Oh wait, no he doesn't:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jx1PLpk9ZCE2sUsg9

Pick #1

Same thing again on the first pick. Nate sees KB and throws a touch pass downt he field to his 6'5 WR who will definitely jump up to catch the ball that's in the air the whole time he's crossing the field.

Oh wait, no he doesn't

Pick #2

Surely a slant route will allow my 6'5 WR to use his size to position himself against far smaller secondary personnel to catch this ball right in his breadbasket

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hJSu5hJyRpXrjkj19

Hmm that's weird. KB doesn't wall off a guy he's got 5 inches and 30 LBs on. That's fine. I'm sure he'll contest the pass.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xdmJPY16WUFvMpAS8

Oh KB, you sly dog. You did it again. You had me fooled that time.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/muTWpXop79RkyQ1n8

Summary

In a league of contested passes and needing to use every advantage you have in speed, size and timing, KB uses his advantages about the same way Tyler Myers did when he was here. He plays like a guy half his size with 1/4 the effort.

What about the swing passes oob ? 

What about the int overthrown by 20 yards ? 

What about the deer in headlights look all game ? 

Have any cool excuses for those ? 

He sucked, face facts and admit it.   

Its not preseason anymore.   He looks like the worst qb in the league by a wide margin.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Foster beat his man, as he has done consistently. If the ball to him is well thrown, it’s likely a TD.

I have no problem with Foster. He is one of our only WRs that gets separation. He does need to work on adjusting to the ball in the air though. If he learns that he has a chance to be good.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

What about the swing passes oob ? 

What about the int overthrown by 20 yards ? 

What about the deer in headlights look all game ? 

Have any cool excuses for those ? 

He sucked, face facts and admit it.   

Its not preseason anymore.   He looks like the worst qb in the league by a wide margin.  

See my summary for my response to your lazy reply.

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Pick #1

Oh wait, no he doesn't

Dude, come on. Minute Bol couldn't have gotten a hand on that pass. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

Dude, come on. Minute Bol couldn't have gotten a hand on that pass. 

I strongly disagree with that. The pass was sinking right to him, as evidenced by the safety that had to dig it out of the dirt. For a guy like Benjamin that jumps two feet off the ground (for some reason) to catch passes aimed at his chest, he didn't even lift his feet off the ground and ran straight under it. He had 5 yards running horizontally to position for the catch, and he played it horribly.

26 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

He caught 3 balls in the National Championship game. I don’t recall if all the passes were from Tua.

So he’s another raw developmental guy. Great athlete limited playing experience. Sounds like a good guy to have on the roster this year.

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Allen fans: explain to me what you loved about watching this? I just see a lot of fastballs outside the strike zone. 

We just count all the passes that bounce off WRs hands as catches. 

And no, your ironic post didn't go over my head. 

3 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Is it fair to have expected that Foster catch that pass? No.

Bounced off the man's hands. Yes.

Allen fans: explain to me what you loved about watching this? I just see a lot of fastballs outside the strike zone. 

Maybe he was good... but I have a hard time evaluating the kid or anointing him as the guy against a bad defense playing a shell scheme where they just wanted to run clock. I would LOVE Allen to be the guy, but today told me nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

What I'm trying to say is that there's a really strange double standard going on here where the same facts are being used to trash one player and praise another who had pretty similar results. They both played poorly, but their WRs were worse than both of them, the O-line was awful, they couldn't and didn't run and the defense was a sieve. The entire team around both QBs was a constant. They performed the same start to finish. The QBs were the only variable  on the Bills side and neither had any success.

What I'm also saying is the minute edge that Allen had in production should be considered with respect that the Ravens had their defensive stars on the sidelines.

I'm super confused how one guy was trash and the other "must absolutely start" based off the same results.

Allen had to lead this team to its first, first down. Let that sink in. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mabden said:

I can see next years draft going like this:

1)WR

2)OL

3)WR

4)OL

5)WR

5)OL

6)WR

7)OL

What if WR 1 is gone? Do we go with OL 1?

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Throw a side did you see that part where it bounced into his hands he bobbled it and then it dropped?

That did happen. Tough play but it happened nonetheless 

I loved that he threw a perfect touchdown pass to Benjamin. I also liked how he consistently kept his eyes down field while finding pockets behind the OLine and making solid throws.

I'd still like to see more "safe" throws but that will come with time imo.

The Bills appear to like him so you better get used to him. It would take some stress out of your life.

Don't be so sure about that.

Look at these screenshots. Look at where the defender is and where the ball is.

Any average high school receiver reaches out over the defender and catches the ball with his hands. 

foster.thumb.jpg.d13e960ec347941e4b170b6985898ff5.jpgfoster2.jpg.3284968f66f58c0b27808a61f189f55f.jpg

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Thats not what I said. And why are you more concerned about the Alabama WR and not the fact that Benjamin dropped a TD pass?

Is there enough time in a day to discuss Benjamin's useless self. Can we trade him now?

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I loved that he threw a perfect touchdown pass to Benjamin. I also liked how he consistently kept his eyes down field while finding pockets behind the OLine and making solid throws.

I'd still like to see more "safe" throws but that will come with time imo.

Don't be so sure about that.

Look at these screenshots. Look at where the defender is and where the ball is.

Any average high school receiver reaches out over the defender and catches the ball with his hands. 

foster.thumb.jpg.d13e960ec347941e4b170b6985898ff5.jpgfoster2.jpg.3284968f66f58c0b27808a61f189f55f.jpg

He was a 5* recruit. Ranked the #2 WR in the nation. I don’t know how many HS WR’s there are in  the country, but it’s a lot.

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The guy I watch games with, who knows more football than me, immediately said the best part of that 3rd and 18 play was he threw the ball 25 yards or so. Usually our QBs will throw it 16 even when they make a nice escape 

like that. Really true. He throws it 25 yards on a rope with ease. 

That was a nice thought and we havent seen a real NFL caliber throw in a VERY LONG TIME.

I love that he worked on his game after his season ended and played well in the Senior Bowl while cleaning up some of his "issues". I love how he worked through the Summer at camp and rarely made the same mistake multiple times. I LOVED how he took the brunt of the criticism of his last pre-season game upon himself.

He is not Carr, Wentz, or Mahomes, everyone's background and make-up is different. Play the Kid, I believe he is special.

Regarding the throw to Foster, did he follow through completely, or did he take a shot in the chest as soon as he released?