The Silver Lining : Josh Allen is very good.

On 9/10/2018 at 2:46 AM, PlayoffsPlease said:

The Silver Lining : Josh Allen is very good.   He has great command of the field and incredible arm talent.  We unnecessarily lost a weeks time developing him, but by seasons end, Bills fans will know they have a top 10 QB. 

I agree...It would have been great for Sean to have called the farce of a 3-headed monster and made Josh the starting QB in TC...He would have got all the reps with the starters..It would have also helped the OL gel better knowing who is throwing the football.  The receivers would have got used to that Bullet of an arm...May be Benjamin makes that TD catch yesterday if he had enough time with Josh.  May be the RBs can make more catches from Josh...

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/9/2018 at 5:19 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

His stats didn't show his game at all. He did make some rookie mistakes but they were mostly under a heavy rush. He threw some great balls. The pass to Benjamin in the endzone should have been a TD. The 3rd and 18 completion for 20+ from the goalline was a great play. The pass to Croom that was dropped was a really nice ball. The one over the middle that was complete but called back for a hold I think was a great throw. He missed a few but threw a bunch of really nice balls and didn't make any terrible throws. 

The kid has to start. Some incredible throws ,  defenses have to respect his deep ball which will open up Shady ,Clay Murphy etc underneath. 

You could even see the offense perk up a bit as a unit ,had more energy . At that point Dabol went more vanilla cause the game was over.. I'd be shocked if # 17 is not starting. I think he can be the spark we need if he starts slinging TDs

On 9/9/2018 at 5:23 PM, Trogdor said:

I know that people are looking for a pick me up, but he didn't do anything special. He didn't show anything in garbage time that would justify this post. He made a couple of good rushes, but it made no change. I hope he starts going forward, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. This team is going to suck. 

I want to say he had about 3-4 well placed balls on key plays that just did not get caught. 

I think hes good enough to keep us in a game....maybe? lol

4 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

I want to say he had about 3-4 well placed balls on key plays that just did not get caught. 

"Is his supporting cast, though?" is the question.

6 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Same goes for Peterman on the drops. This WR Corp is horrendous. I don't think anyone keeps us in the game when they can't catch or block, while the defense gives up super soft zone.

On 9/9/2018 at 4:19 PM, Aussie Joe said:

Luckily he has broad shoulders because he is going to be carrying this team on his back this year.

No pressure young fella...

Basically that's what he had to do in college & he is in the same type of situation here where he doesn't have a lot of time due to the O line not being very good so it's not that different to him .

If the O line could start to gel a bit & give him some time the kid could be a lot better i'm thinking but given his athletic skills & the only other option being Petermen after watching some of the all 22 tape & Petermen not seeing the open looks he had it's time to let the kid go play !

He will either get it or be like the rest of the QB's they have brought in & go the other way !! I just pray they don't continually change offensive coordinators like past coaches have done i think that would really kill his growth like it has so many of the past rookie QB's the Bills have had !!  

• Like (+1) 1

image.png.e6016cd48849e9e83f6b6b4f818ccfc2.png

His final season in college in a bad conference. I hope he turns out to be the answer, but I am still betting against it. That anyone is already convinced of his eventual success flies against logic, as of today.

The two Buffalo QBs he reminds me of are Losman and Harris. Hopefully, he turns out much better than them.

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Just in case it makes a difference, I was agreeing with Kemp. Allen is not on the same level yet. 

I know you were agreeing with Kemp.  But that's hard to say considering nothing about the games was similar, except that they were rookies playing on the road.