[Name Only Title] Nick O'Leary

Tcali

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We will probably being him back after Clay gets hurt. Still can't believe we kept Khari Lee instead of O'Leary

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Completely agree.  O'Leary was far more valuable as a sure hands possession TE than Lee is as a blocker. But you're right Clay will get hurt early and we'll just end up resigning Nick...

O'Leary is the epitome of JAG in the NFL.  He is nothing special as a TE. 

4 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Why do people always assume that every player we cut will wind up on the pats?  Generally if they can't make the Bills roster they aren't going to make theirs.

It is just every white pass catcher. If Cole Beasley was released everyone would assume the Pats. As soon as one hits the market everyone says “I hope that he doesn’t kill us when he gets to the Pats.”

1 hour ago, nucci said:

why does everyone say NE after a Bills player is released? I think they have a decent TE already

Much of their offensive roster over the years consists of bad players from bad teams who improved after juicing, cheating, and getting the officials on their side.

The bills cut like 50 guys every year and like 5 important Bills have ever gone to or stuck with NE in the past 15 years. Why does every player we cut have to be linked to NE? They have no issue beating our brains in with their own guys. They don’t need every castoff we have. If anything, maybe we should look to bring in more of their guys. 

5 hours ago, Bills4everNY said:

O'Leary will putter around in the next few weeks, but I'd bet he will be back playing football again by week fore.

Probably end up with the Eagles, or one of the other birdies like the Falcons or Seahawks. 

Edited by transient
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We will probably being him back after Clay gets hurt. Still can't believe we kept Khari Lee instead of O'Leary

Lee is apparently the best blocker of our TE group. this may well be of importance because of the state of the offensive line. 

7 hours ago, Tcali said:

..I havent been following the bills too closely this off season. But I  remember being impressed with O'Leary..Not fast or flashy but always open and didnt drop the ball.

Just noticed he is not on the roster. --A possible NE pickup at some point?--This smells like the Chris Hogan situation.

That's essentially why he's not here any more.  Not very fast, not very athletic.  If a team is hurting for a tight end, you can sign a guy like O'Leary.  He'll come in and be productive for you, but at some point you're going to see if you can upgrade.  That's what the Bills did.  Both Croom and Thomas are way more athletic.  They aren't great blockers, but are working on that.

18 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ha! Don’t know ‘bout the military, but the Chicago Cardinals, Cleveland Rams, Baltimore Colts, Houston Oilers & Dallas Texans have inquired about him..

Is it based upon O'Leary's playing ability, or the fact the coaches and GMs of those teams might get a picture with a famous relative (and the axe Uncle Jack used in 'The Shining')?  ?

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Is it based upon O'Leary's playing ability, or the fact the coaches and GMs of those teams might get a picture with a famous relative (and the axe Uncle Jack used in 'The Shining')?  ?

Well, they haven’t discussed their intentions with me -probably because they’re all dead, but I’d guess the latter..