Bills Captains

Dablitzkrieg

Per something called Bills Wire 

Four of the six players chosen by McDermott have an impact on special teams. Hauschka with the kicking aspect and Alexander, DiMarco, and Jones with the kick off/kick return game.

Among the captains, just fullback Patrick DiMarco is the only one under the age of 30. DiMarco is 29-years old and turns 30 in April.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Per something called Bills Wire 

Four of the six players chosen by McDermott have an impact on special teams. Hauschka with the kicking aspect and Alexander, DiMarco, and Jones with the kick off/kick return game.

Among the captains, just fullback Patrick DiMarco is the only one under the age of 30. DiMarco is 29-years old and turns 30 in April.

Whoever wrote that at Bills Wire is incorrect. Captains are voted by their teammates.

It's clear that McDermott likes DiMarco, hopefully he'll bring a little more to the table this season. Hauschka makes sense as does Kyle, Lorenzo and Shady. Taiwan Jones must have really stepped up and has some of the younger players looking up to him for guidance and whatnot. It seems clear that he's well-liked by his teammates given their reaction on that 3rd down pick up last season against the Bucs.

More and more I feel like actual bills fans don’t comment much lol.. seems like the majority are bills haters.. 

ohhh I don’t like this guy.. how is he a captain? He should be cut not a captain..

making fun of peterman 24/7 about ints..

If y’all are so smart about football and what SHOULD happen maybe it’s time for a career change and get your rear in the nfl and show us how it’s done 

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

I have a hard time with Dimarco after he started off the 5 interception game with his drop into a pick and it was on a routine easy catch that an NFL level player should make.

Apparently his teammates didn’t disqualify him from the voting for a bad play in a game 10 months ago. They all played poorly in that game btw.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AllenWillBust said:

Seems like many of your take any criticism of the Bills as trolling, really?  Why so sensitive?

Don't worry, I'm definitely not sensitive. I just think you're wrong, HUGE difference. 

And embrace your inner troll, it doesn't bother me. I was just correcting your error.

23 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

I was surprised Tolbert useless ass was around all year. Shows how much I really know. 

No, the surprise was Dennison calling sweeps for Tolbert.  And by the way, they're both gone.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who do you think could be cut? Btw captains are selected based on leadership in the locker room more than anything. Why is it sad that he exemplifies that and that his teammates respect him? 

I thought T Jones and Dimarco could be cut.  Seems like we have him and Holmes on the team for STs.  Do we NEED 2 players on the team strictly for return coverage?  Jones might get some toughes, but Murphy and Ivory are better options,  Holmes couldn’t do anything last year as a WR and we didn’t have any other options in most games.  The only thing I remember dimarco doing last year was causing a sweet nate pete interception.  Hopefully he’ll be worth a roster spot in Dabolls system.  He wasn’t last year imo.

I wouldve liked it if one of our potential cornerstone players players could step into that roll.  Dawkins wouldve been a pleasant surprise.  Maybe KB or Clay (it’s the least he could do).  I get that it’s based on leadership.  I’d be happier if our best players were the ones showing the most leadership.  That’s sad to me.  Kyle and Lorax on D I get.  Both are extremely vocal and leaders of the team.  I don’t see Dimarco in the same light as I see those 2 guys

25 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

More and more I feel like actual bills fans don’t comment much lol.. seems like the majority are bills haters.. 

ohhh I don’t like this guy.. how is he a captain? He should be cut not a captain..

making fun of peterman 24/7 about ints..

If y’all are so smart about football and what SHOULD happen maybe it’s time for a career change and get your rear in the nfl and show us how it’s done 

Haha this is me. Don't post a ton, but it's great entertainment!

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Apparently his teammates didn’t disqualify him from the voting for a bad play in a game 10 months ago. They all played poorly in that game btw.

I do agree with you here, Yolo.... But that's literally the only play I remember him from last year. I don't remember going "Wow, look at that awesome play by DiMarco!"

When I read his name, that's literally the only thing I can think of that he's done in a Bills uniform.