The Punter Situation/New Punter

BillsFan692

On 9/2/2018 at 8:15 PM, dayman said:

We need to punt it really far b/c we'll go 3 and out all the time...apparently this kid can boom it.  Placement is great for an offense that moves the ball...but we just need to kick it 70 yards downfield.

Maybe Bills brain trust figure they will be punting from endzone a lot.

1 hour ago, Punt75 said:

Corey Bojorquez is just 21 years old and played with the Lobos at New Mexico.  Now, he's the starting punter for the Bills and has never kicked in a regular or pre-season NFL game. 

A mystery man??

Not according to the Patriots long time place kicker -who is a family friend (he grew up in the Buffalo area as a kid)- who saw him through out pre-season.  "He's got a monster leg , is a very good place kick holder and just needs to work on his placement of kicks.  

He didn't know why he wasn't played in pre-season games but "you don't ask Bill about that sort of stuff'!!!

WELCOME COREY!!

Source,  do have any or just guessing here

1 hour ago, Punt75 said:

Corey Bojorquez is just 21 years old and played with the Lobos at New Mexico.  Now, he's the starting punter for the Bills and has never kicked in a regular or pre-season NFL game. 

A mystery man??

Not according to the Patriots long time place kicker -who is a family friend (he grew up in the Buffalo area as a kid)- who saw him through out pre-season.  "He's got a monster leg , is a very good place kick holder and just needs to work on his placement of kicks.  

He didn't know why he wasn't played in pre-season games but "you don't ask Bill about that sort of stuff'!!!

WELCOME COREY!!

I buy the theory that the Cheaters wanted to stash him on the PS by not letting anyone see him kick over their claim that he hadn't earned playing time in pre-season.  Ryan Allen is nothing special. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Source,  do have any or just guessing here

8 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

From what i found at some Patroits sites the kid has a huge leg and has experience kicking in wind,  his only issue seems to be direction/ placement. Height and distance will not be a problem.

Read more: http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/football/ci_32071817/fans-view-hits-and-misses-at-patriots-practice#ixzz5Q5XjW000

Another camp report later in August

here are our observations from camp today:

• Here’s a name to circle and remember…. Corey Bojorquez. The UDFA rookie punter from New Mexico has a big leg. He was right down in front of us and was consistently hitting 45-55 yard punts with incredible height and hang time. Training camp is going to be an interesting battle between him and veteran Ryan Allen. The rookie looked really good today.

Edited by Niagara Dude

12 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Very inconsistent.

Shanked a few; while in shorts with no rush.

New Mexico isn't known for snow or wind.

Hang time between 4.5 to 4.6 seconds. NFL average is 4.44.

I saw this video too and I wouldn't look too much into it.  If you notice his feet don't leave the ground when he's kicking in these video's - but in the game he gets lift off the ground.  

Graham: What are your plans at punter after cutting veteran Colton Schmidt and signing Corey Bjorquez, a rookie who didn’t even punt in the preseason?

Beane: We’ll give this young man a chance and see what he can do. We know he has a big leg from college, and he didn’t get a chance to kick in New England. They were doing what they thought was best, but we’re trying this. We’re always looking. Doesn’t mean you’re right. Time will tell, but he’s a good, young man, and he’s excited for this opportunity. It’s what this business is about: opportunity and what you make of it.

5 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Have to assume that he tried out before we signed him?  If so, he impressed the coach(s) enough to sign him.  We have so many other "concerns," I'm not going to worry about this.

Especially since no one has signed Schmidt, meaning he can be brought back easily.

4 minutes ago, ddarlak said:

reality is he's a punter, they punt the ball

it's not rocket science.

don't think it had anything to do with salary, they wanted a bigger leg, just like they wanted a bigger arm.

I think money was a factor.  The bills invested millions in AJ and Coleman.  New punter claws back a little of that. 

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

Very inconsistent.

Shanked a few; while in shorts with no rush.

New Mexico isn't known for snow or wind.

Hang time between 4.5 to 4.6 seconds. NFL average is 4.44.

I tried to be mature about it but I couldn't hear this drill instructor say wobbly again

Edited by Agent 91