Roster is set, pre-season over, how are you feeling?

Virgil

I think this is a 3-13 to 6-10 type team. Peterman is not a serviceable NFL starting QB and will struggle against teams gameplanning for him. If/when Allen sees the field, it’s going to be the trials and tribulations of a rookie QB with a learning curve. Either way, QB play is going to be rough this season.

The line is a major concern and I don’t think teams are going to respect the deep ball if Peterman starts (or really, I don’t think they’ll respect the deep ball with any QB until this WR core shows otherwise) so we’ll see a lot of stacked boxes against McCoy.

Defense across the board worries me. Pass rush, secondary. I think there’s some serious overall regression coming from a unit that already had a weakness in the middle. Tre’davious is great, though. I have no worries about him.

It’s a transition year for the Bills. I honestly don’t think McBeane expected to make the playoffs last season and that raised expectations. They’ve always had a plan and a timeline to get their system and their guys in place and this is the second year of that. We’re a year away from truly seeing what this team is supposed to be but after last season’s playoff tease, it’s going to sting a little.

Edited by eanyills
  • Like (+1) 1

I think peterman will do a good job running the offense, and I think the TE group will be the strength of the passing game. The O-line will be more critical to its success though. 

On D, I’m most worried about depth at CB. I think the starting D will be fine, but an injury or two will make a big difference. 

45 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t have high hopes. I expect the entire season rests on McCoy’s shoulders. 

Our only shot of any kind of real success is running the ball effectively and controlling the clock. Keeping the defense fresh as possible and in attack mode. As one of both of the quarterbacks progresses and gets better. Truly a bipolar season coming in my opinion. We can be as good as 11-5 with a healthy roster and the above mentioned formula. Or as bad as 3-13 with injuries and not following that formula above. I can’t believe this coach/roster is just gonna sh*t the bed and give up and be the worst team in the league. But I can see and agree for those who see this as maybe a losing season 

Teams will stop the Bills Run game and dare the QB's to throw.  We will be in a ton of 3rd and Longs...With our OL, I don't think the QBs will have a chance to complete them.  We desperately need OL help

Wonderful. Even a 0-16 season would be more exciting compared to the dull, dragged out, training camp and Preseason. If they lose lots during regular season we get entertained as we can complain. If we win lots, we puff out our chests and see mcdermott clapping alot. If we are 8-8, we will be like everyone else in the nfl. We can have a parity party.

I'm pessimistic until they prove me wrong on the field. I think we have our QB of the future in Allen, but I think he needs to sit due to the OL. The OL looks pretty trash right now. We have no pass rush on defense. None. Davis looks like an obvious downgrade from Gaines. Shady is another year older. The WR group is beyond suspect. Peterman won't be able to throw passes outside of the hashes. Our schedule looks absolutely brutal right now. If the ball bounces to the opposite way it did last season then we could be a 3 or 4 win team. Then again, with some good fortune, we could win 9 or 10 games again. We will need the offense to sustain some drives, even if we don't score every time, to give the defense a breather. The more the defense is on the field the worse this team will look. I don't expect much this year, but I hope to see growth from the young guys like Harrison Phillips, Tremaine Edmunds, Taron Johnson, Teller if he gets in there, and at some point Josh Allen. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, drf1835 said:

Wonderful. Even a 0-16 season would be more exciting compared to the dull, dragged out, training camp and Preseason. If they lose lots during regular season we get entertained as we can complain. If we win lots, we puff out our chests and see mcdermott clapping alot. If we are 8-8, we will be like everyone else in the nfl. We can have a parity party.

I am pretty sure this will happen regardless.

2 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

We’re a better team on paper than last year. 9-7 or 10-6

Not the case IMO.   QB is green as grass, OL is far worse, and WR is a huge ?

LB is suspect as is CB opposite White and where is the pass rush coming from? 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This roster looks awful, top to bottom. We've got a ton of players on our 53 that I expect would have been on cut lists if this were another team. The part I'm having a tough time with is that most of the players here aren't very young. Most of them have already peaked, or appear unlikely to break out.

Usually I talk myself into scenarios like, oh well if this guy can take a little step up and we get a breakout year from one of x.y,z we'll be in good shape. The only guys I see as potential breakout candidates on this roster would be Peterman, Zay Jones, Murphy, and Edmunds, based pretty much on them having extremely limited experience.

That's not a great situation to be in. Before pre-season I may have said Milano and Logan Thomas, but not feeling particularly high on either at the moment.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not the case IMO.   QB is green as grass, OL is far worse, and WR is a huge ?

LB is suspect as is CB opposite White. 

WR an LB were question marks last year as well and I believe we have improved there. D line has also improved on paper. QB is a wash. OL is worse that is correct 

• Like (+1) 1