How did Foster make the team?

wppete

2 hours ago, ThunderGun said:

Doug Whaley was still gm of that draft. He was fired the next day.  Probably for trading up for Zay Jones.

Whaley and crew did the scouting reports etc. The actual draft had a noticeably different “ feel” to it than previous Whaley drafts , however. It was widely speculated during the draft that McDermott was calling the shots and making the picks. It’s likely that T Pegs already decided Whaley was being let go and gave McD full reign over the draft process. 

2 hours ago, djp14150 said:

Practice sqyads arent protected. An nfl team can take from another teams PS as long as they aren’t their next opponent.

Yes.  But most teams are locked and loaded with their rosters after the final waiver claim awards.   PS signings have to be placed on the active roster and can't be moved to their own PS.

Would some desperate team sign Foster to their active roster later in the season?   Maybe.   But he'd be likely to stay on the Bills PS for a while...

I did say Coleman wasn't going anywhere. Foolishly, I imagined burning a pick and millions in dead money would keep him around. But I forgot our love of dead money this year. That said, good riddance. The FO took a shot at position of need and missed. At least we didn't prolong the error. However, I'm not sure Foster will be around that long. 

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

I did say Coleman wasn't going anywhere. Foolishly, I imagined burning a pick and millions in dead money would keep him around. But I forgot our love of dead money this year. That said, good riddance. The FO took a shot at position of need and missed. At least we didn't prolong the error. However, I'm not sure Foster will be around that long. 

I mean what kind of head case/dumb as a box of rocks must Colemen be to get drafted that high.....traded to a team without clear starting wide receivers.....and still not make the cut.....

He must have been VERY uncoachable

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I mean what kind of head case/dumb as a box of rocks must Colemen be to get drafted that high.....traded to a team without clear starting wide receivers.....and still not make the cut.....

He must have been VERY uncoachable

Either a very bad attitude or as you touched on, maybe the guy is just not that smart. 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I would think both Logan and Foster are definately cheaper then veteran players

We will see I guess.....Im not positive that Colemen is here come opening day

He'd have to clear waivers to come back. If they wanted him thats just stupid to cut him

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would think both Logan and Foster are definately cheaper then veteran players

We will see I guess.....Im not positive that Colemen is here come opening day

Coleman is gone. They will not be bringing him back. They knew the cap hit and he STILL got cut after being obtained with a bag of peanuts by a team with a sub-par group of wideouts. His career is likely over....or he'll be on the Patriots by Monday.

30 minutes ago, H2o said:

Coleman is gone. They will not be bringing him back. They knew the cap hit and he STILL got cut after being obtained with a bag of peanuts by a team with a sub-par group of wideouts. His career is likely over....or he'll be on the Patriots by Monday.

Yeah im sorry I confused this....I meant Foster and how he is not a lock to start the season.

Corey is gone forever

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

I said the same for similar reasons. 

All I got, is that maybe Coleman wrote his way out out of town with behavior in meetings/practice/towards getting in the playbook. 

It would have to be pretty "out there" and the coaches persuaded he was not going to accept coaching to bounce him so quickly, but maybe it was.

Foster has something we need and that can't be coached - speed.   The coaches must feel he is more receptive to coaching and is trying to become a better WR.  It wouldn't surprise me if he wound up on the practice squad if we're able to sign a player at a position of need, but not until other teams have made up their practice squads to minimize the chances of a waiver claim. 

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I said the same for similar reasons. 

All I got, is that maybe Coleman wrote his way out out of town with behavior in meetings/practice/towards getting in the playbook. 

It would have to be pretty "out there" and the coaches persuaded he was not going to accept coaching to bounce him so quickly, but maybe it was.

Foster has something we need and that can't be coached - speed.   The coaches must feel he is more receptive to coaching and is trying to become a better WR.  It wouldn't surprise me if he wound up on the practice squad if we're able to sign a player at a position of need, but not until other teams have made up their practice squads to minimize the chances of a waiver claim. 

I am still bothered about how Foster will not fight for contested balls/lay out for balls on deep throws......

but...its early...he is young....its a process

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I am still bothered about how Foster will not fight for contested balls/lay out for balls on deep throws......

Oh is that all?  Add to the above he has been seen to quit on routes, where if he didn't he might not have to lay out .... he looks back for the ball instead of running the route full out, which again slows him up and requires him to fight/layout.  He has poor footwork and runs sloppy routes.  But other than that.....

Just now, John from Riverside said:

but...its early...he is young....its a process

Indeed.  It all depends upon how much he wants it, how hard he's willing to work, and how coachable he is.

• Like (+1) 2