Mack Traded!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Aaron Donald just did.  So did O’Dell.

Both in their 5th year option year. Try again

1 hour ago, simpleman said:

You usually deal in reality. You are the one playing fantasy games. Beane was not involved in that draft. Saying it is so does not make it so. His first Buffalo draft was this year, and even you should be able to admit the preseason is too early to judge the quality of the draft. Make a statement in November about his first draft and it might have some significance then.

Where did i say Beane. I said Regime did I not?  McD is part of this regime is he not?  Ok thanks

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

For all the Whaley hate nobody had more guys play in the nfl than he did compared to any other gm. The guy drafted nfl talent left and right 

Been saying this for years. He knew who belonged in this league and drafted NFL talent. If one of those happened to be a QB, he'd still be here.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Been saying this for years. He knew who belonged in this league and drafted NFL talent. If one of those happened to be a QB, he'd still be here.

He was a terrible GM and you Whaley apologists are clowns.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, what you are saying is that good NFL players can be had for mid round draft picks but 1st round picks aren't all that important? No matter how many times you try to reframe your premise you're really just saying the same thing.

First round draft picks are important, whether you use them to trade for a talented player or use them to draft a top notch prospect. Can a mistake be made? Of course. It's not the draft pick's fault though.

Let’s just end this. You arent getting my point. I’m barely grasping yours. It really doesn’t matter. I think NFL teams overvalue draft picks and undervalue proven veterans. Thats the extent of it.

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Let’s just end this. You arent getting my point. I’m barely grasping yours. It really doesn’t matter. I think NFL teams overvalue draft picks and undervalue proven veterans. Thats the extent of it.

I agree with that. Teams would rather gamble on a RB in the top 5 than trade  the pick for Adrian Peterson on his prime. It's overwhelmingly rare to get more back for a player that actually proved he was a stud. I've never understood it, because really, what are these teams hoping to land?

Edited by BullBuchanan

45 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Whaley was above average identifier of talent. He was good at getting the necessary ingredients. Just didn’t seem to have a clear cut plan.  He needed someone to tell him if they were making chili or beef stew. 

18 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I think Chicago would have traded their entire draft to make sure GB didn’t get Mack. Mack is an outstanding talent, but those lost picks are really gonna hurt if Tribuski doesn’t pan out

This is what’s being lost on many. Bears are dreaming of the day they can compete with Rodgers and the Pack. They may be a little closer than people think, and  they were willing to vastly overpay to keep him away from their rival. It’s still the best known rivalry in the history of the NFL. 

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m glad he’s in the nfc and as awesome as it would have been, I think he’s more of a guy you go after at that price when you are ready to contend, not when you need your picks to build around your qb. Bears are a year ahead of us on the rebuild. 

4 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I'm just glad it was to a NFC team.

Cuts both ways for me.  Glad he is out of the conference but not thrilled that an AFC competitor has 4 first round picks in 2 years.

• Like (+1) 1

I like big names and big deals as much as the next guy but I am not upset it wasn't us. Sometimes your team gets better by watching the other teams implode. 

This is a move for teams in contention for a SB. Does Chicago really think they are close? The Bears are notoriously dumb for always paying retail.

As for Oakland, they have signaled that they are not in win now mode. Gruden is an over rated gas bag who has only ever had success with veterans selected by someone else. If I'm David Carr, I'm looking for an exit. 

I was having flashbacks of the Mario Williams deal which amounted to nothing. 

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Yet another good angle.  The Bills have one huge problem in the division and it’s number 12 - Mack would have helped solve that problem.

I’m telling you, the fans here aren’t ready for what is going to happen this season.  Lots of folks preaching patience in this thread will be the first to start panicking after a winless September.

Do ou remember the Bills leading the league in sacks for a couple of seasons (2013 and 2014 to be exact) - what was their record versus Brady?  1-3 with the lone win being the las game of 2014 where they pulled Brady at the half because everything was sewn up.

Teams get very little pressure on Brady and Mack would not have solved that poblem.  He might help against the Jets or the Dolphins, but Mack makes no difference against the quick passing of Brady.

• Like (+1) 1