Trump Wants To Regulate Google

Google emerges as target of a new state attorneys general antitrust probe

More than half of state attorneys general are preparing to announce an investigation into Google next week.

More than half of the nation’s state attorneys general are readying an investigation into Google for potential antitrust violations, scheduled to be announced next week, marking a major escalation in U.S. regulators’ efforts to probe Silicon Valley’s largest companies.

A smaller group of these state officials, representing the broader coalition, is expected to unveil the investigation at a Monday news conference in Washington, according to three people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss a law enforcement proceeding on the record, cautioning the plans could change.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

GOOGLE TURNED INTO ANTIFA SO GRADUALLY THAT . . . OH, WHO AM I KIDDING, EVERYONE NOTICED: 

Senior Google Employee Appears To Have Assaulted Pro-Life Activist Near DC Planned Parenthood.

Conversely...

It is of utmost importance to me that the sidewalk counselors and prayer warriors are safe at all times. 

I'm comfortable believing the everyone involved in this incident should be beaten with a bag of doorknobs.

• 2 weeks later...

?

Leaked audio comments from Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg reportedly include him saying that the tech company would likely have no choice but to sue the U.S. government to stave off being broken up if Elizabeth Warren becomes president.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

?

Leaked audio comments from Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg reportedly include him saying that the tech company would likely have no choice but to sue the U.S. government to stave off being broken up if Elizabeth Warren becomes president.

"And I want to make sure that the next generation of great American tech companies can flourish. To do that, we need to stop this generation of big tech companies from throwing around their political power to shape the rules in their favor and throwing around their economic power to snuff out or buy up every potential competitor."

Replace "big/great tech companies" with "big government," and it suddenly becomes OK.

On 10/1/2019 at 10:10 AM, Buffalo_Gal said:

?

It'll never come to that.  If Russia can spend $3M on Facebook ads and keep Hillary out of office, Zuck can use Facebook to make sure Warren never wins.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/27/2019 at 3:07 PM, GG said:

So...  Who wants to talk about this Net Neutrality thingie that I read about?

Quoted this because it was the only net neutrality reference I could find ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/EpochTimes/status/1180179530700541955

In a legal win for the Trump admin, a federal appeals court upheld the @FCC's repeal of Obama-era so-called #NetNeutrality protections in a ruling that seemed to encourage states to impose their own regulatory schemes on the #internet

29 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Quoted this because it was the only net neutrality reference I could find ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/EpochTimes/status/1180179530700541955

In a legal win for the Trump admin, a federal appeals court upheld the @FCC's repeal of Obama-era so-called #NetNeutrality protections in a ruling that seemed to encourage states to impose their own regulatory schemes on the #internet

That was a copout ruling as well.  How in the world are individual states going to put in a regulatory framework for a national network?

Trump tweet gets it wrong on net neutrality ruling

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
We just WON the big court case on Net Neutrality Rules! A great win for the future and speed of the internet. Will lead to many big things including 5G. Congratulations to the FCC and its Chairman, Ajit Pai!

7:51 AM - Oct 7, 2019

https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/07/trump-tweet-gets-it-wrong-on-net-neutrality-ruling/

2 hours ago, ALF said:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
We just WON the big court case on Net Neutrality Rules! A great win for the future and speed of the internet. Will lead to many big things including 5G. Congratulations to the FCC and its Chairman, Ajit Pai!

https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/07/trump-tweet-gets-it-wrong-on-net-neutrality-ruling/

Not so much. States trying to individually control the internet isn't going to fly for long in federal court.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ALF said:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

They're simply taking the pro-NN view and saying that Trump is wrong because neither he nor his head of the FCC believe the same. There's lots of pertinent information in the Net Neutrality thread. 

Here's one of the threads (a link to a previous thread may lurk within):

Edited by Azalin
added link
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Azalin said:

They're simply taking the pro-NN view and saying that Trump is wrong because neither he nor his head of the FCC believe the same. There's lots of pertinent information in the Net Neutrality thread. 

Here's one of the threads (a link to a previous thread may lurk within):

That is my fault. I posted the Tweet about net neutrality the other day, not finding anything by way of a thread. I will post it in the thread you brought up.

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

That is my fault. I posted the Tweet about net neutrality the other day, not finding anything by way of a thread. I will post it in the thread you brought up.

I don't mean to place fault with anybody or even to direct NN posts to one of the relevant threads, only to comment to the effect that Trump isn't "getting it wrong" in reality, only that Devin Coldewey's article is just an ideological spin piece.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Azalin said:

I don't mean to place fault with anybody or even to direct NN posts to one of the relevant threads, only to comment to the effect that Trump isn't "getting it wrong" in reality, only that Devin Coldewey's article is just an ideological spin piece.

That, and anyone treating Trump's tweets as even remotely authoritative is a bigger moron than Trump.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

States' massive Google antitrust probe will expand into search and Android businesses

• The 50 attorneys general investigating Google are preparing to expand their antitrust investigation into the company’s search and Android businesses, people familiar with the matter tell CNBC.

• So far, the investigation, which is being led by Texas’ attorney general, has only explicitly focused on Google’s advertising business.

• The development comes as politicians on both sides of the aisle, including President Donald Trump and Sen. Elizabeth Warren, increasingly tee off on Silicon Valley.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...

Twitter Permanently Suspends Accounts of Ilhan Omar’s Potential Challenger.

She suggested that Omar should be executed  IF she was found guilty of treason.

Following federal law is "hateful" it seems.

Calling for the death penalty against someone after due process is not threatening her with lynching.

Edited by B-Man