Trump Wants To Regulate Google

5 hours ago, Koko78 said:

You apparently didn't pay attention from 2009-2017. Obama even threw Fox News out of the White House Press Pool because he didn't like what they said about him, until CNN and some other major networks threatened to walk.

The Bushes and Clinton also whined about the media.

This is not a new development. You might say that this is a historical issue.

I blame Jon Adams and the Federalists.

54 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I think you are confusing Obama's demeanor in front of a complicit press versus his "professionalism". He wasn't called "President Pissy Pants" by so many because he acted like an adult. For goodness sake, this is a google search return!  If google will show some of that, imagine how many times he actually gave people the finger on the sly? 

President Obama is a man of class and dignity. 

He and I do not share many opinions, but he and I could share a beer because I respect the man. 

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Conditioning is a hell of a thing, considering how much 44 did to arm, train, and strengthen the very people you were sent to kill. 

The people who were trying to kill him, and likely did kill men he served side by side with; and both Obama and McCain were complicit in that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

He and I do not share many opinions, but he and I could share a beer because I respect the man. 

You're out of your cotton picking mind, son.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Liked by republicans?  You still don't know why we have a President Trump do you.  And now they just LIKE him.  I thought you insinuated that everyone that voted for him thinks he can't do anything wrong.  That they worship him?  You're one confused mother!@#$er.  ?

Cultists 

16 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Your arrogance is only exceeded by your ignorance. I'm starting to think you're just another one of Gary or gators altered ego!

Oye Vey!!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why is that so important to you little guy? 

You do realize that avoiding answering questions is often an sign that you are wrong but are too weak to admit it. This is why it is important to me. I would love to hear you say once in your pathetic life that you are wrong. And you call me little. The sign of a big man is admitting they are wrong. That they made a mistake. You have never once in the time you have been posting here done that. This is why you are despised by so many here.  

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You do realize that avoiding answering questions is often an sign that you are wrong but are too weak to admit it. This is why it is important to me. I would love to hear you say once in your pathetic life that you are wrong. And you call me little. The sign of a big man is admitting they are wrong. That they made a mistake. You have never once in the time you have been posting here done that. This is why you are despised by so many here.  

What mistake did I make? 

Well, this is shocking (not): 

It was then necessary to categorize, as Democratic or Republican, the 1,105 unique committees to which Alphabet employees have contributed over the past decade and a half.

Since 2004, Alphabet employees have contributed a little over 90% of their political dollars to Democratic candidates and causes. Since 2008, the strongest imbalance came in 2016, when 94% of their contributions went to Democrats. In 2010, Republicans received the largest share of Alphabet employees’ contributions, when they received 19% of political dollars.

Alphabet’s Political Contributions

• Like (+1) 2

More on Buffalo Gal's story..........................

AP_18248546937690.sized-770x415xc.jpg

Americans are rightly concerned that Big Tech companies in Silicon Valley have an outsized influence over the news and opinions we see on social media platforms and in Google searches. The fact that most of these platforms originate in some of the most liberal strongholds in the country — Mountain View, San Francisco, and Menlo Park, California —  raises questions about whether they're either intentionally or subconsciously putting their oversized thumbs on the scales to promote points of view they agree with and hide views they find odious or dangerous. A study released today from GovPredict shows that more than 90 percent of political donations by Alphabet employees went to Democrats. This news will only amplify fears that everything we read, see, and hear is being controlled by tech industry employees with a left-wing political bent.

In the first of a series of articles examining the political preferences of major American companies, GovPredict looked at the political donations of employees at Alphabet — the parent company of Google and many of its subsidiaries, including YouTube, Nest, Google Ventures, Calico, Adsense, Google Ventures, and Verily. The analysis used Federal Election Commission (FEC) data on contributions to federal candidates and causes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

a Google spokesperson replied to a request for comment with the following statement:

“At a regularly scheduled all hands meeting, some Google employees and executives expressed their own personal views in the aftermath of a long and divisive election season. For over 20 years, everyone at Google has been able to freely express their opinions at these meetings. Nothing was said at that meeting, or any other meeting, to suggest that any political bias ever influences the way we build or operate our products. 

Well, except where you keep referring to the Clinton campaign as "we."  And specifically discuss ways to modify your product line to prevent such disasters in the future.  

• Like (+1) 2

DOJ Invites 24 State AGs to Jeff Sessions Meeting About Breaking Up Google, Facebook

On Thursday, the Department of Justice (DOJ) announced that nearly half of the state attorneys general would be invited to a September 25 meeting with U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions to discuss whether social media companies are violating anti-trust laws. The DOJ announced the meeting last week, following the congressional testimony of Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

DOJ Invites 24 State AGs to Jeff Sessions Meeting About Breaking Up Google, Facebook

On Thursday, the Department of Justice (DOJ) announced that nearly half of the state attorneys general would be invited to a September 25 meeting with U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions to discuss whether social media companies are violating anti-trust laws. The DOJ announced the meeting last week, following the congressional testimony of Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey.

Well, I know 25 people who are going to be shadowbanned...

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Ever see the Twilight Zone about the guy who flips a coin, it lands on its edge, and for the rest of the day he can read minds? Spoiler: He breaks up a bank robbery by a long time employee only to find that the employee thinks about robbing the bank every day for the last 20 years. 

People think about doing bad **** all the time. Sometimes they do. Sometimes they don’t. 

Do = bad. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

6 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Ever see the Twilight Zone about the guy who flips a coin, it lands on its edge, and for the rest of the day he can read minds? Spoiler: He breaks up a bank robbery by a long time employee only to find that the employee thinks about robbing the bank every day for the last 20 years. 

People think about doing bad **** all the time. Sometimes they do. Sometimes they don’t. 

Do = bad. 

I think you're projecting here.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Do = bad. 

Don't you think there's a bit of a difference between an employee thinking of a criminal act, and a group of employees openly discussing a method to alter an algorithm that affects 90% of US search?

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, GG said:

Don't you think there's a bit of a difference between an employee thinking of a criminal act, and a group of employees openly discussing a method to alter an algorithm that affects 90% of US search?

Yes, but the real line here is talking about it and doing it. 

Talking about starting Nate Peterman in game 2 : Bad

Starting Nate Peterman in game 2 = disaster.

I've talked with people over beers about the things they would do with their guns given a clean shot at [insert name du juor]. 

What is our reaction supposed to be to people who talk about doing bad (not illegal even) things? 

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Conservatives started a "news" network. Start a search engine and social media machine if you think it's so biased. 

GoDuckGo is right there for you. 

Sounds like Trump is bringing in the big government regulators to try to break them up. Will see what Sessions comes up with. 

Edited by BeginnersMind