Trump Wants To Regulate Google

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

That he is liked by Republicans. They elected him after all...

Liked by republicans?  You still don't know why we have a President Trump do you.  And now they just LIKE him.  I thought you insinuated that everyone that voted for him thinks he can't do anything wrong.  That they worship him?  You're one confused mother!@#$er.  ?

Edited by Chef Jim

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Sometimes I wonder if you are a troll, or willing to engage in reasonable, rational discussions. I read your posts, and it seems like a 50-50 split to me. 

haven’t studied Nixon closely, or America during the 70’s. So I don’t know if he got testy with the media during the Watergate fallout. So since I don’t know, and because I’m curious, I’ll wonder till I satisfy my curiosity and look into it. That’s also my way of saying ‘people who lived through the Nixon years, how was he?’

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

In the build up to the Iran deal, yes, Obama had reporters under surveillance and tried to head off any negative stories about Iran or the mullahs in order to "build an echo chamber" (Ben Rhodes' plan) to convince the American people the deal was a good one. 

Rings a bell now that you mention it. 

But, I gotta say, Obama was as never as transparent as he promised in 08, but he was better with the media, and a far better communicator than Trump. 

Ill tell ya who took hell but handled it well, W.  

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Rings a bell now that you mention it. 

But, I gotta say, Obama was as never as transparent as he promised in 08, but he was better with the media, and a far better communicator than Trump. 

Ill tell ya who took hell but handled it well, W.  

It's easier to be better with the media when they're in your pocket and under your thumb. 

Again, no one has ever seen a President like Trump because Trump is the first president in our lifetime not borne from the establishment. Thus, he's been a threat from day one and the "media" has treated him as such. W was establishment as well. As was 43. And 42. 41 took a bullet because 42 wanted his chair. 

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

haven’t studied Nixon closely, or America during the 70’s. So I don’t know if he got testy with the media during the Watergate fallout. So since I don’t know, and because I’m curious, I’ll wonder till I satisfy my curiosity and look into it. That’s also my way of saying ‘people who lived through the Nixon years, how was he?’

Well, I recall the hearings and being bored out of my mind when they were on. I was young, and we had 3 stations + PBS and the Watergate hearings seemed to be on all the time.  

I do not recall Nixon's demeanor.  The Press was not allowed access like you see today.  Things were pretty tightly controlled, and yet much looser at the same time (I toured the White House with my family when he was President, including the private rooms - I'm not sure if that would happen these days). According to the NYTimes, he was bitter and cynical.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Oh I have great proof of that.  I'm bored here at work and need some time wasted until I can start my long weekend. 

Want to plan my estate?  I need some help. Not sure where to put the shrubbery.

27 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's easier to be better with the media when they're in your pocket and under your thumb. 

Again, no one has ever seen a President like Trump because Trump is the first president in our lifetime not borne from the establishment. Thus, he's been a threat from day one and the "media" has treated him as such. W was establishment as well. As was 43. And 42. 41 took a bullet because 42 wanted his chair. 

What...what establishment was Obama born from? 

38 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The same one which birthed the Bush and Clinton dynasties. 

Image result for alwaleed bin talal

Ya know, the Bush’s have been a thing for a while now. I mean the business plot / Smedley Butler shenanigans is 85 years gone now. They’ve been a thing for a while. 

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

Ya know, the Bush’s have been a thing for a while now. I mean the business plot / Smedley Butler shenanigans is 85 years gone now. They’ve been a thing for a while. 

You're missing the point. 

Bush(x2), Clinton(x2), Obama = same team. Same establishment. Same backing. Same control.

Trump is not from that tree, hence why the media has been in full "he's a Nazi!" mode from the very beginning. You say other presidents handled the media better, I am pointing out that's because they were all on the same side. Their own.

Trump plays for a different team, thus the rules and expectations are different.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Bro, here’s the thing — when you’re president you need to carry yourself with dignity and you need to be above getting into arguments with news outlets. Refuting a erroneous report through respected channels is one thing — what Trump is doing is just pathetic. 

I’m sorry Koko, I was deployed for most of W., but I gotta say to me, I’ve never seen this before from a president. 

Obama spies on reporters? I don’t remember what you’re refering too. 

But it let’s just say on the size and scope that Trump is feuding with the media — I’ve never seen it from a president before. 

Why don't you look it up?

24 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Why don't you look it up?

Because I lived through the Obama years and I remember disagreeing with the man on many issues, but I never once took issue with his professionalism. So, when I see something like the gentleman I was responding to said, I’m taking it with a grain of salt. Like something that wasnt a big deal, but maybe it was also something Hannity spent weeks talking about as so much of Obama’s presidency was. 

Edited by The_Dude

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Liked by republicans?  You still don't know why we have a President Trump do you.  And now they just LIKE him.  I thought you insinuated that everyone that voted for him thinks he can't do anything wrong.  That thew worship him?  You're one confused mother!@#$er.  ?

I'm wondering what happened to our cult. Did it get disbanded when I wasn't paying attention, now that we simply "like" Trump? Where do I return the robes and sacrificial dagger?

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I'm wondering what happened to our cult. Did it get disbanded when I wasn't paying attention, now that we simply "like" Trump? Where do I return the robes and sacrificial dagger?

Gleeful Gator's mother's basement. Bring a friend or two.

7 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Because I lived through the Obama years and I remember disagreeing with the man on many issues, but I never once took issue with his professionalism. So, when I see something like the gentleman I was responding to said, I’m taking it with a grain of salt. Like something that wasnt a big deal, but maybe it was also something Hannity spent weeks talking about as so much of Obama’s presidency was. 

I think you are confusing Obama's demeanor in front of a complicit press versus his "professionalism". He wasn't called "President Pissy Pants" by so many because he acted like an adult. For goodness sake, this is a google search return!  If google will show some of that, imagine how many times he actually gave people the finger on the sly?