Trump Wants To Regulate Google

On 8/29/2018 at 8:17 PM, BringBackOrton said:

I, as a general rule, don't support increasing government regulations in businesses, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't afraid of behemoths like Amazon and Google.

I truly believe that if our republic falls it won’t be to another nation, or a rouge general — it will be to an Elon Musk type. 

On 8/29/2018 at 6:55 PM, Tiberius said:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/kudlow-says-white-house-taking-a-look-at-regulating-google-searches-2018-08-28

Another move towards East German style government. Any word of outrage from Libertarians? 

I’m a republican. I’m outraged. There are conservatives who do not like Trump. I support probably over 60% of his policies if not more, but his authoritarian desires motivate me to vote him outa office. 

Edited by The_Dude
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I truly believe that if our republic falls it won’t be to another nation, or a rouge general — it will be to an Elon Mush type. 

I’m a republican. I’m outraged. There are conservatives who do not like Trump. I support probably over 60% of his policies if not more, but his authoritarian desires motivate me to vote him outa office. 

Definitely not with that transgender ban.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Definitely not with that transgender ban.

Ha! I do that sooo often. The fact I’m pretty decent at French too, you’d think I wouldn’t make that mistake. 

Edited by The_Dude

6 hours ago, The_Dude said:

I truly believe that if our republic falls it won’t be to another nation, or a rouge general — it will be to an Elon Mush type. 

What authoritarian desires? Most everything he's unilaterally done is an attempt to get Congress to do their !@#$ing job.

6 hours ago, Koko78 said:

What authoritarian desires? Most everything he's unilaterally done is an attempt to get Congress to do their !@#$ing job.

Ah, like, how he wants to control what the press says about him. That’s pretty concerning. 

Also, I can’t decide if I truly want an efficient government. See, I don’t think Congress is truly broke. I think that republics are just by their nature inefficient. Buyer beware on an efficient government; you may not like it. 

Edited by The_Dude

13 hours ago, The_Dude said:

I truly believe that if our republic falls it won’t be to another nation, or a rouge general — it will be to an Elon Musk type. 

He wants every search to result in hits that just lavish praise on him, just like the communist governments would have. Half these posters are calling on the government to break up Google because trump is having another temper tantrum. The cultists love Trump so much. 

Image result for baby trump

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

XQ-MJ-GVPL-YF-GD.jpg..........................:lol:

Great source! That's all you got? 

Come on, how about backing up Trump's latest lie that NBC doctored his interview where he said he fired Comey to stop the investigation against himself? You must have a HotAir article that supports that lie, no? 

Image result for trump crying

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Because I think these companies (especially google) have approached monopoly status, and there's good precedent and reason for breaking up monopolies.

The challenge with monopolies is they control a market and therefore can control the prices for their products and services. Last I checked unless you’re using them to advertise social media are free. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

The challenge with monopolies is they control a market and therefore can control the prices for their products and services. Last I checked unless you’re using them to advertise social media are free. 

So, you think Google doesn't use its dominant position to stifle competition?

So, you think Google doesn't use its dominant position to stifle competition?

No they use the creation of a better mousetrap to stifle competition.  You want to beat Google?  Do what they do but do it better. Google isn’t perfect. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

No they use the creation of a better mousetrap to stifle competition.  You want to beat Google?  Do what they do but do it better. Google isn’t perfect. 

Right. I'm of the thought that they use their countless billions to either buy out competition or just squash them altogether. But that's just me.

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Ah, like, how he wants to control what the press says about him. That’s pretty concerning. 

Also, I can’t decide if I truly want an efficient government. See, I don’t think Congress is truly broke. I think that republics are just by their nature inefficient. Buyer beware on an efficient government; you may not like it. 

Controlling the media narrative has been a goal of every president ever. How is it authoritarian?

As for the latter statement, I agree that Congress isn't broken. It's working within the bounds of the Constitution... inefficient and lazy.

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Controlling the media narrative has been a goal of every president ever. How is it authoritarian?

As for the latter statement, I agree that Congress isn't broken. It's working within the bounds of the Constitution... inefficient and lazy.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, fella — if Obama waged the war on the media that Trump is this country would have seen armed revolts. C’mon, man. 

• Like (+1) 1

Nah, not really.

I think so. 

Also, I’ve NEVER seen a POTUS declare war on the media the way Trump has. It is not “same old, same old.” It is completely new, and unprecedented in my life: Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton, W., Obama, Trump. Completely new and completely unbecoming. 

Just now, The_Dude said:

Completely new and completely unbecoming. 

Riiiight.

Did you see the last piece I linked?

This media has declared WAR on Trump since day one, and they published slanderous, libelous, and outright FABRICATED stories since day one without repercussion. Well, they chose to sow the wind. They need to reap the whirlwind.

• Like (+1) 1