Bills Release Safety L. J. McCray; Three Roster Spots Open

After last Sunday's game I could cut about 50 more. 

Players I would keep removing salary cap implications.

QB - Allen & Peterman

RB - McCoy, Ivory, Murphy

FB - None

WR - Benjamin, Jones, Coleman and McCloud

TE - Clay, O'Leary, Croom

OL - Dawkins, Teller, Wesley, Groy

SP - Ferguson, Schmidt and Hauchska

DL - Hughes, Murphy, Yarlborough, Williams Lawson, Lutolueai,

LB - Edmunds, Milano, Sanford, Alexander

CB - White, Davis and Johnson

S - Hyde, Power and Bush

35 players who I could honestly build around, the rest are interchangeable roster bottom feeders who could be cut and replaced by Sunday roster cutdown date

Obviously there are others that need to be kept for salary cap purposes, but the way I see it the Bills have 35 NFL players who can be built around.

BTW, when you send out the trash, please oh please have them led out the back door by Juan "can't teach anyone to block" Castillo.  Then lock the door and change the locks.

1 minute ago, RPbillsfan said:

After last Sunday's game I could cut about 50 more. 

Players I would keep removing salary cap implications.

QB - Allen & Peterman

RB - McCoy, Ivory, Murphy

FB - None

WR - Benjamin, Jones, Coleman and McCloud

TE - Clay, O'Leary, Croom

OL - Dawkins, Teller, Wesley, Groy

SP - Ferguson, Schmidt and Hauchska

DL - Hughes, Murphy, Yarlborough, Williams Lawson, Lutolueai,

LB - Edmunds, Milano, Sanford, Alexander

CB - White, Davis and Johnson

S - Hyde, Power and Bush

35 players who I could honestly build around, the rest are interchangeable roster bottom feeders who could be cut and replaced by Sunday roster cutdown date

Obviously there are others that need to be kept for salary cap purposes, but the way I see it the Bills have 35 NFL players who can be built around.

BTW, when you send out the trash, please oh please have them led out the back door by Juan "can't teach anyone to block" Castillo.  Then lock the door and change the locks.

For a variety of reasons such as talent (or lack thereof) and age, I question whether the players in bold are those that the team should build around.

31 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

For a variety of reasons such as talent (or lack thereof) and age, I question whether the players in bold are those that the team should build around.

I concur, think Peterman could be a Frank Reich back-up who can win a game or two when the starter is out.  McCoy is and has been great but I'd seriously consider offering a three year deal to Bell next off-season to replace McCoy and draft a replacement for Ivory and to challenge Murphy.  Let's see what Benejamin and Coleman show this season to see if they even offer KB a new deal and to see if Coleman and has speed can become a low cost player under contract.  Groy in my opinion is a capable back-up, punters are exchangeable, Sanford is young and on a low contract, Alexander will retire at the end of the year and I hope Siran Neal develops so we can move away from Bush.

Now onto the last preseason game, suggest playing JA for three quarters and McCarron in the 4th.  Let's play a lot of offensive lineman and see if anything can be improved.  Let the receivers fight it out for the remaining roster spots, and the same for the back-ups on defense.  However I would play Edmunds for at least a half to improve his recognition skills and ball awareness.

Those are my thoughts

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Why hasn't Vlad been cut yet?

I would cut Mills too and just go with McDermott. What the hell do the Bills have to lose by doing this?

Mills has surprisingly been one of our better lineman so far. McDermott has done nothing to warrant even making the roster much less starting.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Mills has surprisingly been one of our better lineman so far. McDermott has done nothing to warrant even making the roster much less starting.

watching mills pass block on sunday was frighteningly hilarious.

it looked like he was galloping like a retarded horse.

**edit.. i added a time stamped youtube link of a pass play.

mills... fluid.. like. water 

Edited by GETTOTHE50
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

Don't worry, Mills will be a big help in having his QB's killed.