Every Josh Allen snap in Bengals Preseason Game 3

cd1

Looks like 2-3 of those hurries/sacks were on Josh/ WRs not being open down field. I think a very real solution here is to have a back/TE coming out of the back field every single passing play for a check down. Charles Clay and Kelvin Benjamin NEED to catch every pass that hits their hands. Also, why the heck is Patrick DiMarco ever lining up outside?!!!!!

Edited by JP's Voice
  • Like (+1) 1

Watching this I don't feel as depressed as I did yesterday.. Some really good throws.. some drops, receivers running 9 yard outs when it should have been 10... only real complaint is he cant leave that ball to 85 short like that.

Also our line sucks. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, cd1 said:

2 drops by starters that absolutely should have caught them

Clay doesnt know where he is at on a catch and should have stretched for the first

OL was getting him killed

You know....the more I look at this the more I wonder if McD realizes its not Josh and starts him anyway.

Im good with either at this point and can see the pro and con's of starting Allen or Peterman

• Like (+1) 1

WTF is the OLINE being taught.  Yes Miller made some mistakes. Ducasse & Groy were getting manhandled all day.  I hope they release Ducasse and put Teller in their or get someone in hear. No Matter who the QB is they are going to have long days.

Other than Josh Allen and a few others, a lot of the starters seemed like they were only halfheartedly playing yesterday.

Like I have said before - kind of like the pro bowl is played.

The coaches should have had a fit!

• Thank you (+1) 1

The ( surprising)  underthrow to Clay is the only one I really can fault him for. The protection was mostly awful. Of course, Daboll could have had him go out and complete short quick passes a la Darnold. What would that have told them? This is when I remind myself that they were trying to evaluate something. Not scheming to negate a rush and win a preseason game. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

The ( surprising)  underthrow to Clay is the only one I really can fault him for. The protection was mostly awful. Of course, Daboll could have had him go out and complete short quick passes a la Darnold. What would that have told them? This is when I remind myself that they were trying to evaluate something. Not scheming to negate a rush and win a preseason game. 

I re-watched that play and thought that CLAY was misjudging the ball. Clay originally sped up and then had to start coming back toward the ball.

Just now, cd1 said:

I re-watched that play and thought that CLAY was misjudging the ball. Clay originally sped up and then had to start coming back toward the ball.

Could be. It’s acutally more likely than Allen not having enough on it to get it to the spot he wanted. 

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

He should have been 8/12 for at least 70 yards.  And I still have no idea why McD didn't challenge that scramble he had, as he got the 1st down.

With the blocking in front of Allen maybe he just wanted to get the kid off the field before Atkins ate him.

Groy whiffed hard on one of those sacks bad. All the guy did was side step him and run straight in. Still watching..

Groy whiffs again a little  later on letting the guy do a side step and run around him

Edited by ddaryl

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

He should have been 8/12 for at least 70 yards.  And I still have no idea why McD didn't challenge that scramble he had, as he got the 1st down.

Ok want to play that game he should also have had an interception.

Biggest issue I see is he staring down his receivers, retreating far too back, taking way too long (learn to throw it away).

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

I also wondered BUT watching that play - it was right in front of our bench and I saw no reaction on the sideline that anyone right there thought it was a 1st down.

19 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

WTF is the OLINE being taught.  Yes Miller made some mistakes. Ducasse & Groy were getting manhandled all day.  I hope they release Ducasse and put Teller in their or get someone in hear. No Matter who the QB is they are going to have long days.

You can't teach things like strength and leverage.  For a guy the size of Ducasse to get thrown around like he was is just mind numbing.

• Like (+1) 2