What wins Josh the job today?

Virgil

Interesting to see how many people think he’s already won the job.  I really don’t think he has. 

I think Peterman has done enough to make them comfortable giving Allen time.  I think today’s game means a lot.  

And the comment about short, touch passes is a great point. I agree 100%

• Like (+1) 2

PTSD

Patience - Take what's given, no happy feet, maintain proper footwork

Timing - Anticipate and throw the receivers open

Sliding Ability - Slide in the pocket, Slide Feet First (No Head first dives)..

Drive - Work the chains, down and distance, Don't overthink the game.

Personally, I am in the Do not start Allen camp as I am not confident enough with our O-Line to protect him for the first few games and don't want him to get killed. Now, with what I have seen, Allen is showing he can handle it mentally and it wouldn't set him back any, but it only takes one wrong hit. If the line can show they can at least give him a chance against the likes of SD, Vikings, Start him and not look back. It's all about the O-Line for me.

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...just busting....:thumbsup:....I can't remember what 300 yards passing looks like anyway................

It look like 8 to 12  quarters of TT play

• Haha (+1) 3

I just think he has to play smart football and control the things he can control.

I also agree with @Johnny Hammersticks - I think it's his job to lose and he'll need to be really bad in order to lose it.

I am very excited about the game.  I will be donning my Allen jersey for the first time.

A performance similar to last week in Cleveland should lock it down for him.  I want to see the same improved mechanics, command of the offense, poise in the pocket, and good decision making along with the playmaking ability.   I'd also like to see him respond positively to any adversity that arises.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I just think he has to play smart football and control the things he can control.

I also agree with @Johnny Hammersticks - I think it's his job to lose and he'll need to be really bad in order to lose it.

I am very excited about the game.  I will be donning my Allen jersey for the first time.

Who you shitting you sleep with it on 

• Haha (+1) 1

We may not notice the nuances the coaching staff is looking for. Plays are just backyard vanilla but he still needs to make the right throws. However, his communication with Daboll, et al, his command of huddle, his pre snap reads/changes are going to weigh heavily. 

• Like (+1) 1