What wins Josh the job today?

Virgil

I have to admit that I'm pretty excited about the game today as I think it will make the decision as to who will be our starting QB.  In my opinion, I think the coaches know what they have in Peterman, so it's Josh's job to change their mind and overall his job to lose.

With that being said, I know that it's not about statistics, but it kinda is.  Results matter.  Peterman was almost lights out in his performances so far, but Josh is the known future so a tie goes to the Rookie.

For me, if Josh is playing with the starters for the entire first half and shown good prep all week, I think anything about 60% completion with 140+ yards and 1+ scoring drives makes Josh our week 1 starter.  Obviously there will be other factors, but if that's the result, I believe it's his.

If he does win it, I will make my formal apology for Daboll and Josh for all the terrible things I said at their hiring and drafting.

• Like (+1) 2

Making tbe O line look good by reading defenses and quick passes 5 or more yards downfield.  

And please avoid the debacle of that 4th and goal 15 yard sack. 

Another audible or 2 would go a long way. 

Avoid repeated 3 and outs (not that he has done so) 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Dude.    Dislike Nate all you want but Jesus that’s a bit too much.  

Joke or not

Huh? I didn’t say I want him to break his leg. I’m saying if he did break his leg, or any other kind of long term injury, that would pretty much mean Allen would most likely be named the starter 

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Dude.    Dislike Nate all you want but Jesus that’s a bit too much.  

Joke or not

Even if he had been joking, you cared enough to comment? That is funny.

I've been a defender of Peterman and that comment doesn't offend me. Even in the way you read it.

• Like (+1) 3

Well injuries are a  factor. I sure hope nothing happens to any of our QBs or players.

Allen would have to suck really bad in his reads, not using the right plays, show bad judgment or... a lot of the so called awful accuracy that naysayers like to make up. Otherwise, he has some leeway as far as one or two turnovers, depending on what happens, and one or two rookie mistake. A bit overreaching to expect perfection out of him in his 3rd time on the field in preseason! He has shown so much already that to lose his spot he has to  play quite bad and Nate quite great.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

Even if he had been joking, you cared enough to comment? That is funny.

I've been a defender of Peterman and that comment doesn't offend me. Even in the way you read it.

Call me superstitious when it comes to the Bills.   

I’ll kick a black cat if it walks in front of me and walk under a ladder but never jinx the Bills

Get rid of all the floor mats

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think that the coaches would prefer to have Allen sit and continue to learn for at least the first half of the season.  I think Peterman would have to have a bad day and Allen a very good one to name Allen the starter going into the season.  

Resist the the temptation to rush Allen in.  The offensive supporting cast is weak and they are going to struggle a lot in the regular season.  I think best to have Peterman or McCarron go through that and have Allen come in late in the season.  For sure, you don't want to start Allen and then have to bench him.

• Like (+1) 1

IMO, he has already won the job.  He is the best QB on this team, and has displayed that in the previous 2 preseason games.  I think the coaching staff needs to decide if they want to throw him to the wolves right away or let him sit and learn this season.