Richie Incognito Arrested in Arizona for Disorderly Conduct and Making Threats

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Don’t try to be rational, mental illness has different rules. 

Actually, there are no “rules” in mental health issues. Each and every case is unique - and not every case is complicated. You want to act as if this is some mystical process in which Ritchie is just helplessly wandering with no ability to help himself. Not the case.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I hate to say it but I wouldn’t be shocked to see tragic news on Richie at some point. He lives a pretty reckless life.

He needs to be locked away for his safety and the safety of the public. There's been too many incidents and sooner or later something very bad is going to happen.

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Actually, there are no “rules” in mental health issues. Each and every case is unique - and not every case is complicated. You want to act as if this is some mystical process in which Ritchie is just helplessly wandering with no ability to help himself. Not the case.

I’m aware that even a healthy human mind is complicated. Illness makes it much more so. I’m open to all possibilities, but you seem to know for sure. I think if it was easy for him he’d find himself in the “ugly spotlight” less often. 

No disrespect, but I’m done on this topic with you. 

Go Bills! 

5 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Well definitely they will say CTE was the issue and blame the NFL even though he has always been like this. Probably find it also got worse because theres a good chance at some point he was using roids.

Have never read anything either way, did they find any evidence of CTE being worse in people who took roids?  Probably had to tell as likely just about ever football player out there who is now old enough to start seeing the effects of CTE played back in the era of rampart steroid use.  And maybe I shouldn't say rampart, but certainly in a time when they couldn't be detected and no penalties for using.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I’m aware that even a healthy human mind is complicated. Illness makes it much more so. I’m open to all possibilities, but you seem to know for sure. I think if it was easy for him he’d find himself in the “ugly spotlight” less often. 

No disrespect, but I’m done on this topic with you. 

Go Bills! 

Intelligent people can arrive at different conclusions and can agree to disagree. I never said I was certain about anything. However, his past history, his own words on the topic, and his ability to cognitively function at a relatively high level for lengthy periods of time lead me to be reasonably confident in my conclusions - not certain, just reasonably confident based on the evidence I have seen.

You stated you were open to any possibility and then dismissively ended the debate. Apparently you are quite certain of your own opinion. No disrespect here either.

32 minutes ago, Augie said:

Don’t try to be rational, mental illness has different rules. 

Yes, he will be held accountable, but it’s just not that simple. 

You can tell someone they are sick and they need help. They can hear it a thousand times. That doesn’t register like it might with you or me. It’s just....different. 

...refusing to reminisce about your painful times, I stand by you in solidarity my good friend as one with personal experience.....my solidarity and support is FOREVER.....

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

He needs to be locked away for his safety and the safety of the public. There's been too many incidents and sooner or later something very bad is going to happen.

Yep, the man is on a downward spiral.

I care about the public's safety first and then his. Separate him from all possible instruments of violence.  

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don’t understand i thought Richie had his **** together ( when he joined the Bills ) few years ago , 

its almost like he was taking happy pills from the first day he got to Buffalo and then stoped taking them on his way out ?‍♂️

I wish him the BEST !!!  I don’t think he’s a bad person I hope he gets ( what ever the help ) he needs , and gets his life back on track !!!!

12 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Intelligent people can arrive at different conclusions and can agree to disagree. I never said I was certain about anything. However, his past history, his own words on the topic, and his ability to cognitively function at a relatively high level for lengthy periods of time lead me to be reasonably confident in my conclusions - not certain, just reasonably confident based on the evidence I have seen.

You stated you were open to any possibility and then dismissively ended the debate. Apparently you are quite certain of your own opinion. No disrespect here either.

OK, I don’t want to be dismissive, but I also don’t want this to drag on. You said I was acting as though he no ability to help himself. “That was not the case”. The ability is not financial, it is mental. I wish I had less experience along these lines, and I’m open to enlightenment, but I do not expect to be swayed, and I’d rather move on. 

We can agree to disagree. 

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

My theory is (sorry if already stated) that when he retired from football, he either started taking stereroids, or maybe went off his meds. It's so odd that he was such a high charecter guy when he was with the bills. He was such a great comeback story. Obviously something isn't right in his head, but I do think it's somehow drug related (on or off them) 

Yeah, that's it....he started juicing AFTER he left the NFL...

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

sounds like he was on his way to exterminate his family.  How does he get released on bail and no MHA?

That's rather speculative on your part.  We don't know that at all.

However, Richie + firearms + mental instability = "tragedy".  

How long before he shoots 1 or more people, then himself?

What concerns me is that there is a confrontational, violent nature to his brand of craziness.

7 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

That's rather speculative on your part.  We don't know that at all.

However, Richie + firearms + mental instability = "tragedy".  

How long before he shoots 1 or more people, then himself?

What concerns me is that there is a confrontational, violent nature to his brand of craziness.

Wasn't he barred from the funeral and stopped found at the site with multiple weapons and a silencer?

5 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

My question about CTE is why all the focus seems to be on football?   Ice Hockey on average (Mens and Womens) has an incident rate of .66 per 1000 exposures, which is higher than football.   Soccer has an average (Mens and Womens) just below that of American football.   Lacrosse and wrestling are close in terms of numbers as well.  So my question is why are the reports, and lawsuits around the CTE issue in football predominant?   Could it be the popularity and money associated with the game?

I hope the guy gets the help he needs.  But to put the blame on CTE seems a little reckless in my opinion. 

What is an incident rate? 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

OK, I don’t want to be dismissive, but I also don’t want this to drag on. You said I was acting as though he no ability to help himself. “That was not the case”. The ability is not financial, it is mental. I wish I had less experience along these lines, and I’m open to enlightenment, but I do not expect to be swayed, and I’d rather move on. 

We can agree to disagree. 

I have quite a bit of experience in this area as well. Sometimes it is best to agree to disagree.

Cheers.

• Thank you (+1) 2