Josh Allen to start Sunday

FluffHead

11 hours ago, Virgil said:

And here...we...go.....

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

Been fun watching the Josh Allen experience you have going on.

I've been on record from the beginning saying the kid wouldn't succeed.  I haven't changed my mind about that.

Of all the QB situations where there is a high rookie pick, Buffalo is the one where the kid you drafted was pretty much the best QB on the roster the second his name was called at the draft.  Besides being on record about Allen, I am also quoted throughout this place saying McCarron and Peterson are known commodities of below average nobodies.  

I still hope Allen succeeds.  I can't help but think that every fan base is too critical or too optimistic about pre season football.  I think this applies to Allen as well.  No one is game planning against him.  He is known to have a hard time with making reads.  He is known to struggle under pressure.

The kid has a great arm...everyone knew it from the beginning.  He can really sling that ball...and there will be some times when that arm overcomes a bad read etc...

I will remain skeptical of Allen until I have seen him perform against a D that is actually playing their scheme with their starters, gameplanning and all that.  

Ryan Leaf had some incredible pre seasons....articles were written about how the Colts had screwed up the pick...all based on a few preseason games.  Be Wary.

giphy.gif

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Funny they announced this so early just to sell tickets. I guess we know who's in charge. 

I know you're probably joking, but I do think they announced it early to see if Cincy does any gameplanning/extra blitzing knowing it's a rook behind center.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Funny they announced this so early just to sell tickets. I guess we know who's in charge. 

Yep.  That's why in the regular season, we play all the starters the full game....just to sell tickets.  Terry and Kim know that if you don't play the starters in the regular season, you won't sell tickets.  

Image result for thinking man gif

17 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Nice! 

This should be it, right? No looking back. 

They can't be flip-flopping between him and Peterman.

This is still preseason, they can "flip flop" as much as they want still.  But that being said, in the "dress rehearsal" preseason game 3 you tend to see the week 1 starters play the first half and maybe a series or two into the second half.  So for the "start Allen" crowd, this is very good news.

However, with the news that McCarron does not have a fracture means he could still be considered, even though he likely won't play at all Sunday.  We'll know when McCoach wants us to know and not before :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

5 hours ago, eball said:

I'm not sure people understand what is meant by "vanilla" defense.  It doesn't mean teams aren't running their own schemes and looks.  It does mean teams are not specifically game planning for what the other team runs.  There's a huge difference.  What was reported by some of the Bills defensive players is that they saw looks from the Browns -- particularly in the running game -- they had not prepared for, which resulted in some of the big plays.

For the 3rd preseason game teams typically do a bit of game planning, as they are really trying to simulate a "normal" week leading up to a regular season game.  Of course, no team is going to show everything during preseason but this is going to be a good, true test for Allen against a better than average Cinci defense.

Thanks.   Someone needed to say this.

5 minutes ago, Figster said:

Oline improvement is probably wishful thinking at this point IMO.

On the other hand though how much better will Allen make the Oline and everyone else around him look.

that is what I've been saying with all of the O Lines sucks discussions ..

Week 1 Nate marched down the field with the crappy 1st stringers and scored. 

Week 2 Josh came into the game with an "inferior"2nd string" O Line marched down field 3 straight times to score.