Why Does The National Media Want To See Josh Allen Fail?

mykidsdad

1 hour ago, dickleyjones said:

people try to make statistics mean more than they actually mean. if it were only for football that would be good. fact is, stats are used incorrectly in much more important areas of life...there is a lot of terrible medical research done by doctors who think they know something about the scientific method.

once again: statistics say very little about the future of a specific player. PFF makes me laugh, it is impossible to take them seriously.

This is so true. As an example the Football Outsiders guys laugh at Josh Allen's chances to become a franchise QB, but their own QBASE statistic gave him a 37.3% chance of being at least an adequate starter.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/qbase-2018

They supposedly are a statistics based website, but they laugh at someone with over a 1 in 3 chance of becoming an NFL starter. Anyone who knows probability knows that 37.3% is not that low.

8 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

It could. But you could also take a ding to your credibility if your username turns out to be wrong...? 

I kid, I kid....

Have to say that I've been on this board for a while and read many many posts. This is easily the funniest I have read. 

You saw an opening and took your shot. Well played sir. Nothing short of brilliant!!!

Image result for golf clap meme gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-2018-bills-19-browns-17

Interesting that PFF has little to say about Josh Allen's progress. I normally have a lot of confidence with their analytics and when they came out strongly against Josh Allen, I was really discouraged. If they end up being wrong on this, it may be one of their bigger misses using their advanced stats. It seems to me that they're already being a little stuborn about Josh's early success. It is very early, still, but I would have expected them to say something about him. Could Josh possibly ding their credibility? 

Pretty much it. 90% of the so called experts would be wrong on Josh and you can't have that. 

Let em doubt as it seems to help propel him. All that matters is what our coaches and players think. Here is a decent article from NFL.com on what our D thinks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000949014/article/bills-defenders-praise-qb-allen-josh-is-impressive

The bills are very often overlooked or ignored.  Why would anyone be surprised?  Their games are rarely nationally televised and get the lower class announcing team.  How many sports writers etc actually watch most bills games outside of WNY?  But who cares?  "If you brag about her too much it might give others ideas"  ha.

I will say though, their job involves statistics and the statistics do say that the safe bet is to bet against Josh as buffalo has seen many, many QBs come and go since {{Kelly}} and but one feckless wildcard game with a QB we did not even want. 

I believe in JA from what I saw these past two weeks and reminded my 10yo son, who was at the game with me the first game, that he saw JA's very first time on an NFL field and to remember that if he becomes a great.  But I'm a fanboy of 45 years is all - I would not expect the same from the national media, etc.  

Let's enjoy under the radar and let JA develope without all the pressure that a Baker is going to have to endure - and god help darnold in NYC-NJ if he stumbles as there is no beneath the radar for him there.  Lol

9 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

It's a little crazy to think that the Bills' coaching staff has miraculously fixed all of Allen's shortcomings over the course of one TC. Regardless, they'll get the credit if Allen turns into a franchise QB.

I'm good with whatever they decide. 

Historically, guys like Peterman and McCarron don't keep a 7th overall pick on the bench. Only established vets do. 

Allen fixed a lot before the draft working with Jordan Palmer as well. I'm sure the Bills saw his improved mechanics and that weighed into their decision to draft him.