Pats cut TD Mike Gillislee per CBS Sports

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

He was money here.

Different scheme. It was run run and run some more. NE isnt like that and neither is this version of the Bill's. He struggled last year and if cut means he is still struggling with a non run first offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

We now have a better coach, better system, better QB. 

Are you saying that that those things make the supporting cast worse?

I’m saying you’re reaching and no one is agreeing with you because nostalgia for replacement-level ex-players is a tiresome exercise.

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I’m saying you’re reaching and no one is agreeing with you because nostalgia for replacement-level ex-players is a tiresome exercise.

I count 5 positive votes on page one. Because you disagree you put blinders on and denigrate my ideas.

41 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Ivory is long in the tooth. Pick up Gilly and get rid of DiMarco. Shady, Ivory, Gilly, Murphy.

Ivory and Shady are both 30. Shady has almost twice as many carries as Ivory over their careers, so...

Honestly, Gillislee did so well when he was here because of Roman's run game. Scheme matters for some players. Gillislee went to NE and couldn't pick up their offense quickly enough and slid right down the depth chart. Daboll doesn't use the exact same scheme as NE, obviously, but he uses the same philosophy in that he's going to change up their style week to week based on opponents, just like NE does. If Gillislee had trouble picking up on that in NE, I'm not so sure he'd fare any better here.

I think Murphy can carve out a nice role for himself on this team. The coaches like Cadet a lot because of his pass catching ability but Cadet hasn't done much so far this pre-season to stand out or make anyone say, "I'd take Cadet over Murphy" not right now, anyway. I think at the end of the day the backfield will be McCoy, Ivory, Cadet, Murphy and DiMarco. Maybe Keith Ford to the PS. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I am not sold on Ivory but unless there was an injury at RB I think the team is comfortable with Ivory and Murphy behind Shady. 

Save Shady for the season and get a good feel for everyone else.

wonder if Ford gets another meaningful chance?

4 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Should we make a run at him? I think that with Dabol calling plays we can be a real difference maker for us.

Your thoughts?

I would have previously said absolutely, but honestly with the emergence of Murphy I dont think we need him.  I think we are covered with Ivory and Murphy at this point and while MG has been here before, he won't know the offense or the personnel, so its like bringing any guy off the street at this point.  So I wouldn't hate it, but I would say nah at this point.