How Many Amoung You Wouldn't Be Here If...

Trump's immigration policy had been in place when your ancestors came to the USA? 

No one wanted the Irish (Hello Chris Collins) 

No one wanted the Italians (Hello Paladino) 

No one wanted the Jews (Hello Steven Miller) 

Some particularily barbaric and myopic idiots even turned an evil eye on the Germans (Hello Tiberius) :) 

My Grandfather got off the boat in 1898 and made it even though he had to deal with the anti -German hysteria on WW1. 

yet what would America be like without these people? 

Steven Millers uncle has called him out on his vicious stance against immigrants. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/13/us/politics/stephen-miller-immigration-uncle.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

In the article, Mr. Glosser related in detail the story of Wolf-Leib Glosser, who arrived on Ellis Island in 1903 from the village of Antopol in Eastern Europe, fleeing persecution and forced conscription. Wolf-Leib Glosser was Mr. Miller’s great-grandfather on his mother’s side, writes Mr. Glosser.

Had Mr. Trump’s immigration policies been in effect at the time, Mr. Miller’s uncle writes in the article, “I shudder at the thought of what would have become of the Glossers.”

In the article, Mr. Glosser writes that he fears Mr. Miller has forgotten his heritage and the suffering that his ancestors faced.

“Acting for so long in the theater of right-wing politics,” he writes, “Stephen and Trump may have become numb to the resultant human tragedy and blind to the hypocrisy of their policy decisions.”

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Why not? What has changed in legal immigration policy in the last 30 years?

Trump. Have you been paying attention? 

So you are saying that thirty years ago your family came here through immigration? But you support the stricter immigration policies of Trump? 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So you are saying that thirty years ago your family came here through immigration? But you support the stricter immigration policies of Trump? 

Stricter on people who don’t come through legally. Yes.

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Stricter on people who don’t come through legally. Yes.

So you support the stricter laws? That's the whole point there, see? 

How about the scapegoating  of immigrants that goes along with it? You ok with that too? 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So you support the stricter laws? That's the whole point there, see? 

How about the scapegoating  of immigrants that goes along with it? You ok with that too? 

Yes, I support the stricter laws. That’s the third time I’ve answered.

Scapegoating?

11 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yes, I support the stricter laws. That’s the third time I’ve answered.

Scapegoating?

Ok, that's the point. People that are here because of immigration want to close the door behind them. Why do you want to keep people out? 

You missed how Trump scapegoats immigrants? That's really strange that you missed that. 

11 minutes ago, row_33 said:

the BBMB forbid any political discussion or anything within a million miles of it, so i was grateful to find this when the plug got pulled.

Go play in traffic 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Trump's immigration policy had been in place when your ancestors came to the USA? 

I need more info, what exactly is President Trumps policy?

Please be as detailed as possible, so that I can apply it all my ancestors that came here.

Some particularily barbaric and myopic idiots even turned an evil eye on the Germans (Hello Tiberius) :) 

My Grandfather got off the boat in 1898 and made it even though he had to deal with the anti -German hysteria on WW1. 

Steven Millers uncle has called him out on his vicious stance against immigrants. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/13/us/politics/stephen-miller-immigration-uncle.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

In the article, Mr. Glosser related in detail the story of Wolf-Leib Glosser, who arrived on Ellis Island in 1903 from the village of Antopol in Eastern Europe, fleeing persecution and forced conscription. Wolf-Leib Glosser was Mr. Miller’s great-grandfather on his mother’s side, writes Mr. Glosser.

Had Mr. Trump’s immigration policies been in effect at the time, Mr. Miller’s uncle writes in the article, “I shudder at the thought of what would have become of the Glossers.”

In the article, Mr. Glosser writes that he fears Mr. Miller has forgotten his heritage and the suffering that his ancestors faced.

“Acting for so long in the theater of right-wing politics,” he writes, “Stephen and Trump may have become numb to the resultant human tragedy and blind to the hypocrisy of their policy decisions.”

Is amoung a German word? I see you used that in your title and thought maybe you were trying to teach us something. I didn't know that WW1 was going on in 1898, I thought that was the Spanish American War. One of my ancestors arrived in 1626 and bought Manhattan from the Canarsee Tribe who lived in Queens. I don't know if they had an immigration office at the time but I would suspect that I'm pretty much as legal as anyone here.

1 hour ago, Gary M said:

Please be as detailed as possible, so that I can apply it all my ancestors that came here.

Let's start with, were your ancestors labeled rapists and murderers? Had their children taken from them? And since they made it in the country, I assume they were not denied entry, as Trump wants to do more of. 

1 hour ago, Gary M said:

LOL................you see what happens ?

when you ask a question of someone incapable of answering, you deserve what you get.....gator gibberish, that is full of exaggeration and misstatements.

Legal immigration has made this country great.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Smells like........desperation 

????????????????

Mother's father came here from Poland around 1910 ( he was 21 or 22 then).Came here the legal way through Ellis Island. Only he and his sister came. My mom has cousins she never met in Poland (that is if they survived WWII). Grandpa was resourceful and resilient. Worked as a tinsmith int Buffalo Forge. He knew a few words English when he came here   but taught himself English by reading the paper and talking to people (this was before radio was invented)' He was against  classes, etc for immigrants to learn English.  He said if he could teach homself, anybody could learn. He came here to get away fromGleeful  Gator's ancestors, as  Poland was occupied by Germany and the winds of war were stirring, even in 1910. 

Gator, go play in traffic.

9 hours ago, Tiberius said:

But under Trump they wouldn't have, that's the point. 

But, under Trump we wouldn't have had the our of conrtol illegal immigration issue, which precipitated the alleged current immigration standards. 

Unsound premises.

9 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Ok, that's the point. People that are here because of immigration want to close the door behind them. Why do you want to keep people out? 

You missed how Trump scapegoats immigrants? That's really strange that you missed that. 

Go play in traffic 

My ancestors literally came over on the Mayflower and for the sole purpose of keeping your ancestors and others like them out.  I'll apologize now for their failure. 

11 hours ago, Tiberius said:

That's exactly what I'm saying. 

My grandfather came here illegally. Had Trump been President then I’d be living in Italy.  Where was Trump 100 years ago?   Good to see the dumbassery has not changed over here. 

3 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

My ancestors literally came over on the Mayflower and for the sole purpose of keeping your ancestors and others like them out.  I'll apologize now for their failure. 

Mine came over on the Fortune the second to arrive after the Mayflower. What, was he washing his hair the day then Mayflower left?  ?

9 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

My grandfather came here illegally. Had Trump been President then I’d be living in Italy.  Where was Trump 100 years ago?   Good to see the dumbassery has not changed over here. 

Mine came over on the Fortune the second to arrive after the Mayflower. What, was he washing his hair the day then Mayflower left?  ?

Ya, you'd miss Lake Ontario if you were not here. 

The story of Steven Millers family arriving in the USA sounds a lot like the immigrants of today. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stephen-millers-great-grandfather-sam-was-a-chain-migrant-and-a-fine-american?ref=home

The ship docked at a Manhattan pier with a light breeze and the temperature in the high 60s. The first- and second-class passengers were cleared onboard by immigration officers and allowed to go on their way. Those in steerage were transported by ferry to Ellis Island, where they stepped off as others had in a Biograph film shot there exactly two months before.

No doubt this same beauty and strength was also to be seen in the new arrivals who came off the Ryndam on July 9. Those listed on a manifest marked “THIS SHEET IS FOR STEERAGE PASSENGERS” included 13-year-old Sam Glotzer—future great-grandfather of Stephen Miller, the White House aide who is crafting the Trump administration's efforts to curtail even legal immigration. Miller’s latest effort is to disqualify green card and U.S. citizen applicants who have received government benefits through programs such as Obamacare and children’s health insurance.

Sam arrived with his 15-year-old brother Saul and 9-year-old sister Bella and their mother, 50-year-old Bessie. The manifest records that the mother affirmed she was not an anarchist and had never been incarcerated or committed to a mental institution. But there was a “No” where it asked if she could read and another “No” where it asked if she could write and her occupation was listed as “None.” She seems to have been the kind of immigrant that her great-great-grandson would seek to exclude.

In the column headed “Condition of Health - Mental and Physical,” Bessie is listed as “Good.” But 13-year-old Sam’s entry in present days might well have marked him as an excludable, someone liable to need child health care.

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

LOL................you see what happens ?

when you ask a question of someone incapable of answering, you deserve what you get.....gator gibberish, that is full of exaggeration and misstatements.

Legal immigration has made this country great.

Oh, I knew what I would get and he didn't disappoint.

19 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Oh, I knew what I would get and he didn't disappoint.

You must understand that Gleeful Gator was loved by his fellow students in his own very special version of high school. His approval rating skyrocketed after every Bell Curved test.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You must understand that Gleeful Gator was loved by his fellow students in his own very special version of high school. His approval rating skyrocketed after every Bell Curved test.

I understand you are a worthless poster here. 

Ya, you'd miss Lake Ontario if you were not here. 

The story of Steven Millers family arriving in the USA sounds a lot like the immigrants of today. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stephen-millers-great-grandfather-sam-was-a-chain-migrant-and-a-fine-american?ref=home

The ship docked at a Manhattan pier with a light breeze and the temperature in the high 60s. The first- and second-class passengers were cleared onboard by immigration officers and allowed to go on their way. Those in steerage were transported by ferry to Ellis Island, where they stepped off as others had in a Biograph film shot there exactly two months before.

No doubt this same beauty and strength was also to be seen in the new arrivals who came off the Ryndam on July 9. Those listed on a manifest marked “THIS SHEET IS FOR STEERAGE PASSENGERS” included 13-year-old Sam Glotzer—future great-grandfather of Stephen Miller, the White House aide who is crafting the Trump administration's efforts to curtail even legal immigration. Miller’s latest effort is to disqualify green card and U.S. citizen applicants who have received government benefits through programs such as Obamacare and children’s health insurance.

Sam arrived with his 15-year-old brother Saul and 9-year-old sister Bella and their mother, 50-year-old Bessie. The manifest records that the mother affirmed she was not an anarchist and had never been incarcerated or committed to a mental institution. But there was a “No” where it asked if she could read and another “No” where it asked if she could write and her occupation was listed as “None.” She seems to have been the kind of immigrant that her great-great-grandson would seek to exclude.

In the column headed “Condition of Health - Mental and Physical,” Bessie is listed as “Good.” But 13-year-old Sam’s entry in present days might well have marked him as an excludable, someone liable to need child health care.

There was no Obamacare or children health insurance, or medicaid, or welfare or snap back then, she got off that boat with full intend to work her ass off to make a better life, to live the American dream.

Now let's compare that mindset to today's immigrants

56 minutes ago, Gary M said:

There was no Obamacare or children health insurance, or medicaid, or welfare or snap back then, she got off that boat with full intend to work her ass off to make a better life, to live the American dream.

Do it, compare the mindset. Let's hear it. 

1 hour ago, Gary M said:

since the Oil Shocks of the 1970s you can no longer dwell in the biggest cities in the world for $2 US a day