Falcons at Jets 7:30 NFLN

YoloinOhio

Darnold is going to be way better than Allen.

1 minute ago, Big C said:

Nicely done. 

I smell a future classic rivalry brewing in the AFC East.

The Bills have to be good for a true rivalry...

Edited by Magnetar

1 minute ago, Magnetar said:

Darnold is going to be way better than Allen.

The Bills have to be good for a true rivalry...

How miserable is your life that you feel the need to do this?  You were doing it last night as well. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Falcons unaware they had a Game tonight 

Yeah, but it's likely they will be fine in the regular season.  I can recall the early 90's when the Bills would suck in pre-season then come out of the gates stomping other teams.

6 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

Trading up to grab a QB and having Darnald fall in their lap could be the luckiest thing to happen to the Jets in a long, long time. He was the consensus number 1 QB in the draft. 

Not only that but darnold is really fortunate to have mccown there at the end of his career, teaching him a lot and willingly doing so. I wasnt a big darnold guy but hes looked good so far

Edited by BillsSbSoon
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Not only that but darnold is really fortunate to have mccown there at the end of his career, teaching him a lot and willingly doing so. I wasnt a big darnold guy but hes looked good so far

Beane was asleep at the wheel as well, the Jets really did luck out due to the stupidity of the Browns and Bills.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

They probably don't care. It's preseason. Meaningless football.

Yeah... not playing the starters much because they don't really have anything to prove right now. Backups look like trash though.

Just now, Magnetar said:

Beane was asleep at the wheel as well, the Jets really did luck out due to the stupidity of the Browns and Bills.

If the Bills trade up to 3 and then the Browns take Darnold are we praising Beane for trading up that early?

Just now, Fadingpain said:

Just turned it on at halftime.  Caught the first half highlights.

Looks like Darnold made a few good throws including 1 for a TD.

Yeah. He had 3 TD passes really, first was dropped, second was OPI. Good drive.

Just now, Big C said:

If the Bills trade up to 3 and then the Browns take Darnold are we praising Beane for trading up that early?

Maybe the Jets FO did a better job and knew the Browns were blowing their first pick on Mayfield.  Either way, Beane had the most draft capital and messed up allowing the Jets to trade up to 3, he then selected Allen over Rosen.  My goodness...

Just now, whatdrought said:

As much as it pains me to say, the Jets played the QB very well this year.

Keep the Vet, 

Sign the diamond in the rough, 

Draft the future. 

Isn’t that exactly what the Bills did, too?

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

As much as it pains me to say, the Jets played the QB very well this year.

Keep the Vet, 

Sign the diamond in the rough, 

Draft the future. 

Yeah, could be a nightmare for the Bills for quite some time.  Brady then Darnold...

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think they tried, but kinda blew the future part of it.

Edited by Magnetar

1 minute ago, mannc said:

The Bills signed the vet and kept the diamond in the rough, but yeah. McCarron also not as much of a vet as McCown, but they are both McC's so it's about the same.

1 minute ago, Magnetar said:

I think they tried, but kinda blew the future part of it.

I wasn’t aware that Allen is a bust.  Did I fall asleep and miss three seasons of football?  Or are you just a troll?

9 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

Meh, I still like that we were able to keep all the picks we did. Jets gave up alot to get to that number 3 spot 

Just now, Steptide said:

Meh, I still like that we were able to keep all the picks we did. Jets gave up alot to get to that number 3 spot 

If they drafted a QB that makes them a perennial playoff team and always in the hunt for a championship, all those draft picks are def worth it.

Just now, bobblehead said:

Did I juSt read Darnold being likened to Brady? Wow. Great thread  

When Brady retires, who is likely to be the best QB in the AFCE?

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

So you’re saying you don’t like Allen?...

He seems like a cool kid, but, all the data suggests he's not going to be what a lot of you are hoping for...

This is why I’d really like to see Allen, at least, with the 2nd string.  

Both Baker and Darnold are out there with 2nd string OL, WRs and TEs.   Allen was out there with Drops Foster, McDermott not blocking anyone, Redmond lollipopping him shotgun snaps and his only reliable target being Ray Ray McCloud.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, SCBills said:

How miserable is your life that you feel the need to do this?  You were doing it last night as well. 

Just don't feed trolls and they tend to go away...  OR use the ignore function on them.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, bobblehead said:

Did I just read Darnold being likened to Brady? Wow. Great thread  

Local radio today on Mayfield, wish I was kidding: “He’s the best rookie QB I have ever seen. You can just tell he’s going to be a legend. A champion.”

✍️

Edited by YoloinOhio