Predict the division winner: AFC West

Predict the division winner   

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the AFC West?

• LA Chargers
    • Denver Broncos
    • KC Chiefs
    • Oakland/Vegas Raiders

I’ll start by saying the head coaches in this conference do not elicit confidence. I don’t really think any are very good. However, if I had to pick one to win I guess it’s Andy Reid. But the fact he’s playing a 1st year QB and looking at his rebuilt defense it is hard to tell. I do like their WRs, RB, TE. Broncos are another team that could go either way due to the new QB. Vance Johnson had a rough debut and was close to being fired at the end of the year. Defense is still good but not quite as good as they were a few years ago. Raiders are a huge question mark to me. Chucky  has turned that team upside down. Derek Carr wasn’t good last year. Their defense was bad. Then there is the Chargers, who many are picking to go to the playoffs and even the SB and I could see that OR i could see them be the Chargers. 

So .... I’ll go with the Phil Rivers i guess. They have the best roster. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Chiefs. Chargers underachieve every year. Chiefs offense is stacked even if mahomes is an unknown. Justin Houstons knee is better and eric berry is back. And andy reid is a great regular season coach.

I picked the Chargers but I do think people are selling the Raiders short. Last year they were Super Bowl favorites etc.. blah blah but they still do have a strong offense. They are like the Cowboys if the defense does enough while the offense is rolling they can make noise.

With that said I rank like this:

1. Chargers (Best roster, can they finally break through after so many disappointments?)

2. Raiders (I buy the offense and think last year was a blip. They can be a WC team IMO)

3. Chiefs (If Mahomes is real I think the offense can get them to 9-7. But the defense is too shaky the rest of the way)

4. Broncos (They have the hallmarks of a organization headed down all together. QB is most likely a one year wonder, defense is losing its glue, head coach made everything worse, and the ownership is turning into a cluster fight between family which never goes well. Denver has been consistently good forever but I think this could be the start of some long dark years like we saw)

55 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I picked the Chargers but I do think people are selling the Raiders short. Last year they were Super Bowl favorites etc.. blah blah but they still do have a strong offense. They are like the Cowboys if the defense does enough while the offense is rolling they can make noise.

With that said I rank like this:

1. Chargers (Best roster, can they finally break through after so many disappointments?)

2. Raiders (I buy the offense and think last year was a blip. They can be a WC team IMO)

3. Chiefs (If Mahomes is real I think the offense can get them to 9-7. But the defense is too shaky the rest of the way)

4. Broncos (They have the hallmarks of a organization headed down all together. QB is most likely a one year wonder, defense is losing its glue, head coach made everything worse, and the ownership is turning into a cluster fight between family which never goes well. Denver has been consistently good forever but I think this could be the start of some long dark years like we saw)

I think Derek Carr has regressed to the mean.   I wouldn't be surprised it Raiders end up at bottom of Division  as others have predicted.

5 hours ago, BritBill said:

1. Chargers

2. Chiefs

3. Broncos

4. Raiders

2nd and 3rd places are the most debatable. 

My brain thinks this.

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

1. Chiefs

2. Chargers

3. Broncos

4. Raiders

Overall, not a strong division.  But the entire AFC isn't strong either, so...

But this seems more likely.  The Chargers have won the AFC West every off-season since Manning retired and I fall for it every year.

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ll start by saying the head coaches in this conference do not elicit confidence. I don’t really think any are very good. However, if I had to pick one to win I guess it’s Andy Reid. But the fact he’s playing a 1st year QB and looking at his rebuilt defense it is hard to tell. I do like their WRs, RB, TE. Broncos are another team that could go either way due to the new QB. Vance Johnson had a rough debut and was close to being fired at the end of the year. Defense is still good but not quite as good as they were a few years ago. Raiders are a huge question mark to me. Chucky  has turned that team upside down. Derek Carr wasn’t good last year. Their defense was bad. Then there is the Chargers, who many are picking to go to the playoffs and even the SB and I could see that OR i could see them be the Chargers. 

So .... I’ll go with the Phil Rivers i guess. They have the best roster. 

I am am going to say the Chargers, but for whatever reason they seem to struggle early and often in close games.  I think they are the best team in the division, but I think all of them are going to be close right around 0.500 with them beating each other up.

I think the Chiefs regress - they have lost talent at QB and on defense.

I think the Broncos are improved - but I do not trust that offense to win big games.

I think the Raiders are the worst of the teams, but all of that changes if Carr gets right.

Therefore I am sticking with Chargers as the most complete team, but still flawed.

21 hours ago, prissythecat said:

I think Derek Carr has regressed to the mean.   I wouldn't be surprised it Raiders end up at bottom of Division  as others have predicted.

He did too much good up until last year for me to buy this. I want to give him a year before I judge. But I get others apprehension at this point.

Chargers ... Rivers is the best QB in the division, Melvin Gordon may be the best RB in the West, Keenen Allen and Mike Williams should get the job done at WR.

On defense ... Add Derwin James to Melvin Ingram, Joey Bosa and a defense that was really good last year and they seem to be the best team in the West by far.