Interesting Astro Tweet re: Beane

56 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just fans having fun - it doesn’t have crab LEGS, it has pages 

1 hour ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

There was no rumor....all that was said was "Beane is not done" then someone posted a random pic of Kalil Mack, but there are actually no rumors of connecting Bills to Mack other than he was at UB.

Not sure why this thread has so much crab LEGS

OMG we are trading for Jameis Winston!

Man... i get NFL players arent worth as much but some of these suggestions are whack.  Our trash/middling players plus a 2nd is pretty weak. In the end there is no way to know until the trade actly happens as to what the return is but someof these are just pie in the sky. The Raiders wld have to do a new GM search bc some of these proposals are apt to get him killed!!

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Some of the posters in this thread are exactly why folks who DID have accurate insider information do not post here anymore.  Perhaps Astro did have some knowledge, and he was so amped he tweeted something ambiguous like “Beane’s not done.”  Perhaps whatever he heard about just didn’t come to fruition for one reason or another.  Things can change.  Astro is a good dude, and I have no doubt that he had good intentions.  He certainly isn’t “trolling” TBD.  Give me a break.

Some of you are being d&$ks.  

Sing it sister!!

48 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Actually, In all seriousness, 

Would Donald Penn be an Upgrade on the right side? I know we need help at the interior more so, but he is one who will likely be traded. 

He's 35 years old but extremely durable, still moves well, is strong and is a badass with an attitude.  He plays LT not RT.  If he fits the Daboll system and can switch sides, he would be a significant upgrade.  These are two big ifs.  He is a one-year solution likely,

Here is a report when he missed the Raiders playoff game in January 2017..

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/video/bair-losing-donald-penn-joe-frazier-punch-gut-raiders

5 minutes ago, JoeF said:

He's 35 years old but extremely durable, still moves well, is strong and is a badass with an attitude.  He plays LT not RT.  If he fits the Daboll system and can switch sides, he would be a significant upgrade.  These are two big ifs.  He is a one-year solution likely,

Here is a report when he missed the Raiders playoff game in January 2017..

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/video/bair-losing-donald-penn-joe-frazier-punch-gut-raiders

The guy on the physically unable to perform list is durable?

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The guy on the physically unable to perform list is durable?

He didn't miss a game from 2008-16.  He missed 2 in 2017.  Being in the tub in August is okay if you are there the first week in September.  I'd say that's durable, but apparently 9 straight years of not missing a start is not enough for you?

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/7/2018 at 10:43 PM, Clyde Smith said:

We are a good Quarterback away from being a top 15 scoring offense. Adding Mack, especially with how our cap is set up next year is a no-brainer. I'm sure Beane can finesse his way into getting Mack on this team, i'm a billiever.

In what alternative universe are the Bills "a good Quarterback away from being a top 15 scoring offense"?    Their OL struggled last season and lost three members over the off season, none of whom were replaced by players with equivalent talent.  They had 1 NFL caliber WR last season, and that's about what they've got this year.  The TEs are decent.  The only position group that they've upgraded on offense is RBs ... because Ivory is better than Tolbert.

Neither McCarron nor Peterman are starter material, and Allen is a rookie who is going to get dumped into a bad situation probably much sooner than he should because the other two either get hurt or suck miserably.   

Keep spinning fantasies.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Wouldn't it be tampering to meet with, and discuss a players future with a representative while said player is under contract with another organization? 

That was my first thought. I wonder if the agent represents some Bills, and any meeting was just coincidence (with or without a wink, wink). 

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Mack could easily play DE in McDermott's defense.   But this is all for naught. 

.....EXACTLY..Mack and Donald are in search of deals bigger than Von......can't see McBeane paying out those numbers as well as surrendering pick(s)....strictly opinion though..

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Okay, you are becoming one of my favorite Fools. coming from a grade A , Certified Fool. you should take it as a compliment.

That is even better reading the phrase a second time.
Big swinging Feng

If you could, please provide me with some rep points. My website dues are nearly late and I’m a bit short this month. Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I completely agree with you.   However, if there is nothing to it, why make the tweet at all?  And then to top it off, follow up on the tweet?  If you're stating the obvious, preface it by saying "this is only my opinion but" or "I have no inside information but"

Stuff like this is the reason you have Jerry Sullivan on Buffalo Rumblings blasting non-union writers.   I fully support the guy's right to do something he loves, but if he truly had no real information (acknowledging the tweet was cryptic and not specific to Mack) he should have stayed off of twitter, or at the very least been more responsible about it.    Because as it stands now this looks like an attempt to gain twitter followers to push his writing career.  

Yes I agree with you, he knows that Mack trade rumors are popping up in general and simply stating Beane isnt done is going to garner attention without having to take ownership over any specific predictions.  Personally, I think someone probably said Beane is still exploring other trade scenarios rather than Astro just making a plain speculative guess.  But, there is nothing he can say that will convince me insiders at the Bills are giving him trade specific details before a trade happens.